PDA

View Full Version : Are there too many thongs?

Onan the Clumsy
18th Apr 2004, 04:50
Speaking as a professional, I remember the early days of the thong when a VTS (Verified Thong Sighting) was worth at least ten points and a PTS (Possible Thong Sighting) could garner five.

Alas, the current abundance has had an inflationary effect (or should I say a different kind of inflationary effect) on the points system and a VTS is now limited to a training aid bringing in perhaps two to three points. A ten pointer would now require perhaps the colour and possibly the fabric type and (simply for the rarity) almost definately require sighting of flesh between the thong waistband and the jeans (which sort of takes the fun out of it really) :ugh:

Is it just me? :confused:

BlueDiamond
18th Apr 2004, 06:52
Is it just me?

Well, it could be!

Thongs are rubbery, flippy-floppy casual wear for the feet.

Aren't they?

:rolleyes: :confused:

G-ALAN
18th Apr 2004, 09:21
are there too many thongs NO!

None of the above
18th Apr 2004, 09:37
The thong is ended but the malady lingers on.........

IB4138
18th Apr 2004, 09:44
Brings me back to that well known nursery rhyme...

Thing a thong of thixpence.......

a pocket full of why.......:\

Tinstaafl
18th Apr 2004, 13:13
BD, in Oz they are. In the UK they're what we'd know as G-strings. I got some very funny looks at work - after returning from Oz - and said I'd bought some new thongs because I can't get the ones I like in the UK...

Simtech
18th Apr 2004, 13:19
Ah, that thort of thong. And I thought thith thread wath about thinging!

Loki
18th Apr 2004, 13:23
I shared a room last Summer (during a hill walking holiday) with an Aussie. On the first night he wondered aloud "where have I put my thongs?" Confused and worried me `til he translated.

BlueDiamond
18th Apr 2004, 13:30
Just a thong at twilight ...

airship
18th Apr 2004, 13:43
There are people who feel excited wearing thongs
And there are people who are excited by others wearing thongs
But as every thong wearer will know
Which every non-thong wearer may not
Is that having something tight in between
Is not very comfortable after awhile
Whether it is toes
Or it be cheeks. :hmm:

Ozzy
18th Apr 2004, 15:28
Never...

Ozzy:ok:

Jerricho
18th Apr 2004, 16:04
As a professional you say Onan?

"Trust me, I'm a professional. May I have a quick look? Purely scientific of course.............."

ShyTorque
18th Apr 2004, 18:34
I think there ARE too many thongs. They used to be worn by only the racier ladies and were delicate, flimsy, lacy items.

Now, they seem to be de rigeur for all and sundry. Everywhere I look now, women of the lardarse variety are all wearing them. Some of these poor garments must be under tremendous strain. For me, the magic has all but gone.

What finally put finished it for me was the recent sight of a neighbour of ours. She is a lovely person but has a derriere the size of a small planet; it seems to continue vertically out of her huge trousers and finishes halfway up her spine. As she bent over ahead of me to attend to her small child, a thong the size of a tow-strap for a commercial vehicle appeared above her waistband. It continued up, up and away until there was a clear 18 inches of flab between the underside of the strap and her trousers. I could only wonder what was going on at her south pole, there must have been a false equator forming down there and the incident must have been on a par with the parting of the Red Sea.

I took a step backwards and averted my gaze, not out of politeness, but out of concern that, had a strap given way, the recoil could have taken my eye out. A complete turn-off. I would think watching her undress would be like watching an overweight steeplejack divest himself of his safety harness.

Bring back French knickers for me. Well, not literally, only if the French lady is still wearing them, of course. :E

Davaar
18th Apr 2004, 18:46
And here was I giving all the credit to the Australians. I mean for the pedal thong, not the callipigothong. Now I learn that the Bundschuh, a shoe consisting of a sole strapped to the foot, was the name and symbol of the peasant's confederation during the Peasants' War in Germany. So it was called in 1502. It all came to an end at the battle of Frankenhausen in 1525. I knew you'd be interested.

M.Mouse
18th Apr 2004, 19:33
ShyTorque

I often smile at postings on Jetblast but that one made me laugh aloud, long and hard. The description was so graphic and so true.

Made my day, thanks.

Noah Zark.
18th Apr 2004, 21:15
I totally agree with M.Mouse re ShyTorque's brutally graphic decription of his irresponsible neighbour's apparel, and apparent disregard for the populace at large.
Surely a case for Health & Safety? Or the local Constabulary may intervene with a charge of causing offence to the public eye? (Yes, I did say PUBLIC eye!)

DishMan
19th Apr 2004, 08:47
:E

Not enough and TOO much (http://www.funnyjunk.com/p/euro_vs_america-jpg.html)

BlueDiamond
19th Apr 2004, 09:39
Anal floss.

:uhoh:

topcat450
19th Apr 2004, 09:58
No such thing as too many, they're one of the greatest invetions ever!!

MadsDad
19th Apr 2004, 13:18
But as you get older you find that thongs ain't what they used to be.

DishMan
19th Apr 2004, 13:41
Sorry Topcat....if you look at the picture in my link above....there's definitely a case of "one too many"!! :ugh:

Send Clowns
19th Apr 2004, 13:53
:yuk: They look awful, however fine the arse.

Flopster
19th Apr 2004, 15:32
I say DishMan got it in One! With the right kind or arse and the right kind of G-String, there is no such thing as "too many". Most, if not all, of my female friends will not be seen dead in anything but a G-string. Then again, none of my female friends are of the lardarse variety.

H&M in Denmark was in for a major windfall when they introduced G-strings for 10-12 year kids. That is not on, but once you've reached a "proper" age, i.e. legally allowed to have sex (which in DK is 15 by the way) and have an arse that will suit a G-String, well, bloody go for it I say!

On a similar note: When I was young(er) all girls would be topless on the beach, it was the standard thing to do. Very healty for a young man to see, live and in colour, how different and beautiful breasts are. Then beach fashion changed, and everybody started wearing a top. Major trauma, and worse, getting them undressed revealed a nicely tanned body and a couple of milky white hooters ..... serious turn-off! However, I'm happy to report that as of a couple of years ago, the DK beach fashion has taken a turn for the better and the girls are once again showing plenty of flesh!

Can't wait till it's summer (does it show? :E :E )

hotstart54
19th Apr 2004, 18:48
Are there extra points for 'scenting'. Rather like a Master of Wine we could have a Master of Thongs.

An Internationally recognised institute could be formed and papers issued. Think of the fun, qualifying apprenticeships in.... Istanbul or Cairo :yuk:
Masters perks, an extended tour of... Stockholm or say... Rio. :O

Hmmm...

fishtits
19th Apr 2004, 20:12
NO WAY!!!

I love to thing thongs.... they're thuper....

:E :ouch:

T_richard
19th Apr 2004, 21:57
One must always remember that wearing a thong , like wearing spandex is a privilege not a right. Some women should just say "NO" like Nancy Reagan did. By extenstion of this line of reason; those that can should wear them every day if for no other reason then to make the world a prettier more interesting place. Sound right?

airship
19th Apr 2004, 22:10
What I want to know is why thongs costs just as much as other panties...? :O

Bre901
19th Apr 2004, 22:27
Prolly because the manpower, packaging, marketing and advertising costs are much bigger than the cost of raw materials, as for many manufactured goods.

But this does not make for a witty reply, does it ? :{ :{

BALIX
20th Apr 2004, 09:29
But this does not make for a witty reply, does it

Nope, congratulations Bre on introducing dull economics to a thread about knickers that go up your bottom.

Actually, I think they cost as much as normal knickers because they are the current 'fashion' and as such ladies will conveniently ignore the fact that they are being ripped off. (The ladies, not the knickers...) :E

Bre901
20th Apr 2004, 09:57
Going a bit further into dull economics, the price of fashion items has indeed nothing to do with any of aforementioned costs (as long as there is a juicy profit margin, of course), it is just determined by the threshold at which fashion victims won't buy them anymore.

Just take a look at branded and non-branded teeshirts or sweatshirts. Makes the printing on the front side quite expensive. :*

I'm not intending to kill this thread, please go on, gentlemen :p

TamedBill
20th Apr 2004, 09:59
aha! they are not just ladies garments.....I've seen men on beaches wearing thongs too - and what a truly disturbing sight that is....... :yuk: so don't be tempted men! - there is more dignity in being naked.

BALIX
20th Apr 2004, 11:54
Hmm, I'll admit to owning a pair of gentleman's thongs (Is this item singular or plural, I never know?) Said garment was bought for me by Mrs Balix from the novelty present rack at Tesco prior to Valentine's day last year to much hilarity.

I have worn them. Once. I spent the day constantly trying to pluck them out of my bottom, an inelegant act that caused more than a few disapproving looks from the general populace. I came to the conclusion that they (it?) are a useful device if one requires to prevent one's bum grapes from popping out but are otherwise a most ridiculous item of undergarment.

Still, if the girlies want to suffer all that constant anal stimulation to keep we dirty old men amused, who are we to stop 'em. :ok: