PDA

View Full Version : i/r

papichulo
17th Apr 2004, 17:34
i have an uk /jaa cpl/us atpl.i apretiate any info/feedback about the best place in the uk to convert an i/r.<money time and reputation wise>.also info/feedback welcomeif anybody knows flight training europe ex bae in spain thanks:confused:

Mark Raynes
18th Apr 2004, 07:49
I very strongly recommend www.professionalairtraining.co.uk in Bournemouth.You stipulate time/money/reputation and PAT come out top in all three,but also,importantly in my opinion,in teaching methods and a down to earth attitude.They also have a rare and unique quality of making it fun at the same time!Good Luck! Mark.

potter5
27th Apr 2004, 11:56
I have been thinking of going to PAT to do my IR. I think they use the duchess for the training. What are their aircraft are like? Is the duchess a good aircraft to use for the IR training?

Was the split between sim and flying a good balance, or did you need to do more flying?

Did you also do your multi rating with them?

Robthestudent
27th Apr 2004, 21:06
Potter,

Like Mark I done my IR at PAT albeit about eighteen months ago got a first time pass. The instruction was great conducted by people who are career instructors in an environment whilst very professional was also friendly where nothing was a problem.

Reference the aircraft PAT use the Duchess and my understanding they were the first operators at Bournemouth to use this particular type of aircraft whereas the other FTOs were using Aztecs/seminoles or rather bizarrely cougars, every one is now using the Duchess wich in my mind makes PAT market leaders for identifying an excellent training tool almost ten years ago which would appear to be the industry norm.

With refernce to the sim there was a good balance between that and the aircraft. I understand PAT have a brand new FNPT2.
In terms of the hours I went over by 2.5 flying hours, so not too bad considering the end result.

Other things which appealed to me at PAT was the pay as you fly which considering the likes of SFT where large sums of money were required before starting a course were required made life a lot easier for both yourself and the bank manager.

The school itself does not have the sausage factory mentality about it, every one feels part of the team which I found conducive to my subsequent success.

It should be said however it does not matter which establishment you choose to fly with, you must be up for the challenge, it is a hard slog but in many cases a worthwhile one.

Good luck

Rob

crispy banana
27th Apr 2004, 21:24
Another big thumbs for PAT :ok:

I just did the IR conversion over the last two weeks and managed to get a first time pass...

I got it all done in a little over two weeks and that was only because I messed up with the bank holiday weekend when booking the course (and even then I got sim time on the fri!)

An excellent FTO with great people working there which made it a pleasure to train there!

I too went over by around 2 hrs,but I'd rather do that then get a partial (400 squid...)

PM me if you require further info...

Thanks again to all the crew at PAT (Esp Steve & Mike ;) )
:ok: