PDA

View Full Version : 1500 posts?.

tony draper
30th Nov 2001, 23:05
Draper notes he has just reached 1500 posts,Draper also notes he is starting to repeat his material and jokes,.
Perhaps its time Draper moved on in his mission in life and find another profession to annoy.
Anyone know is there exists a site frequented by Lawyers.
WWW,PLONKER,COM, perchance.
Hmmm,Professional Lawyers Open News kiosk @ Electronic Rendezvois. ;)

If one lingers too long, one begins to aquire enemies, and Draper doesn't want to have to start the killings all over again. :eek:

[ 01 December 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

Davaar
30th Nov 2001, 23:27
Yes Mr D. Bad news and worse news. The bad news: there is a web infested by lawyers. The worse news: it is PPRuNe.

tony draper
30th Nov 2001, 23:34
WHAT!!!, Lawyers, on pprune,??? Rentakill must be summoned with all haste ;)

Flintstone
30th Nov 2001, 23:50
Don't go Mr Draper.

Where else can I come for a daily dose of absolute b0ll0cks?

It's reading and talking ***** that keeps me going.

By the way. What happened to the milkman? They're a dying breed. Bl00dy supermarkets :mad:

Davaar
1st Dec 2001, 00:05
It's like this, Mr D........ How can I say this?...........Well, I have something to confess............... No, it was not really my fault, the Devil made me do it......

tony draper
1st Dec 2001, 00:29
Sad news indeed Mr D, Who knows?, perhaps twenty years from now there will be a cure, and you will be able to lead a usefull life in decent society.
Draper has noticed over the years that as a nation we have become more liberal and the time will come when people will accept you for what you are,and you will be able to walk around sans bag over head.
Re milkmen, the demise of the milk token lead more or less to their extinction, remember them?, one left them on the front step and the milkman left the pints in exchange,.
Can you imagine leaving milk tokens on ones front step now.
Actually Draper did have a milkman just a few years ago,Draper was fighting a hopeless rearguard action against the loss of yet one more fine Brit tradition, a lost cause of course, someone used to steal my milk every morning just about.
Now this is true I swear, Draper has a camera covering the front of his castle,Draper has a perfect video of a large dog entering his front garden, picking up full pint of milk and wandering off with same at 4.30 in the morning, what could one do, as you know Draper has a great fondness for pooches,one just could not summon the constabulary, and have the poor creature arrested.
It was a poor hungry mutt, and obviously from a disfunctional background, no way could it afford the services of Mr Davaar. :(

[ 30 November 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

lame
1st Dec 2001, 01:37
ONLY 1500....... :rolleyes:

Keep going...... ;) :D

RW-1
1st Dec 2001, 01:41
Hmmm... wonder what else the dog can be trained to get?

(Alex from Stroh's) :D

gravity victim
1st Dec 2001, 02:32
Mr Draper,
Here's to the next 1500. And thanks for all the laughter so far. Your work is not yet done, Mr D! ;)

tony draper
1st Dec 2001, 03:01
The gaunt figure hesitates as he is about to walk away into the sunset,he looks back at the smoking cratered landscape of the forum, a enigmatic smile appears briefly his lips, he is clad in Blue Long Johns,a pair of stolen red knickers adorn his loins and a pair of wellies painted gold with carboard wings glued to the heels, cover his feet,he wears a off white tea shirt emblazoned with the letters PP cut out of baco foil,a red lighning strike, fashioned from xmas crepe paper cuts across the twin PP'S, a cloak of recycled black bin liner is draped across his shoulders. he calls in a low voice,
"Come prune dog our work here is done"
The small white hound bounds after his master in to the sunset.

"Fockin lawyers now" the voice echoes back.

A low growl rumbles from the small hounds throat.

[ 01 December 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

Davaar
1st Dec 2001, 03:17
Less than fair, Mr D. Surely you overlook the Davaar services, gratis, in the Great Cat Catastrophe of 1984? And before that, unknown perhaps to recent visitors, his circus days of unstinting labour in the General Duties Branch as junior elephant cage cleaner, foundation of later fame in the stables sanitation squad, 1967?

pigboat
1st Dec 2001, 03:28
Shane!..Come back, Shane!

Mr. D, please dont go. Would it help to take a quick look at this? http://www.overlawyered.com

Gash Handlin
1st Dec 2001, 03:48
ah but Mr D you must realise that 1500 is less than half the total posts you have on at least one other bulletin board....

Surely you cant deprive us of your unique mind until at least the 3092 mark is reached ;)

Google is a wonderful thing :D

tony draper
1st Dec 2001, 03:53
AHA!,By employing the cunning he is famed for Draper manages to uncover another lurker from another place, thats four now, unmasked.
There are others, they shall be sniffed out. ;)
Hmmm near Edinbourgh, eh?let me see, now, ahh! yessss, of course.
Hmmm, second thoughts here,one suspects a double bluff,if Google had to be employed to locate Drapers other hiding place??
This chap could have had no previous knowledge of Drapers other place, the plot thickens. ;)
Good, he can have no knowledge of Drapers true identity.

[ 30 November 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

BlueDiamond
1st Dec 2001, 06:00
As you were, Draper. Pretty poor show trying to slink out when there are so many difficulties to be resolved here.

Your friend, Tricky, has an unspecified problem with his nether regions and clearly needs your assistance. Dings still hasn't found her missing undies and we won't even mention the serious problem of the penguins ... a matter which has global implications.

And you want to leave us all without the benefit of your vast knowledge and experience at a time like this ???????

SHAME

:eek:

Flyingcircus.
1st Dec 2001, 07:03
Just a quick query for Herr Draper. One is curious as to why you entered this bb in the first place? I mean, you go to length to note that you are neither pilot, engineer or ATC. Not that I want you to leave, of course, it just strikes me as odd that someone with (it seems) little involvement in the aviation industry should want to hand out with a bunch of air-nuts?

Nevertheless, please don't leave us.

Eric
1st Dec 2001, 08:35
Mr D,

If one lingers too long, one begins to aquire enemies

Let's face it, you are NOT going to acquire enemies, I know from experience that having ones name crossed through with red is a definite incentive to move to...errrm...not Chile...no...nowhere near Chile...more Equador really, or Sunderland...whatever.

tony draper
1st Dec 2001, 15:03
Draper is too a Engineer, it is mentioned in ones profile,not on flying machines one admits, one imagines one could get exceeingly scruffy messing with all those cog wheels pistons and such.
Draper's connection to aviation is tenuous, ones dad flew Wellintons during our last bout of unpleasentnes with those folks sausage side.
Anyway apart from all that, Draper was seeking a website that had been recomended to him.,
Pouting Penelopies Randy Unclad Nude Emporium
.com, and inadvertently ended up here. ;)

LowNSlow
1st Dec 2001, 19:03
and here is where you should stay Mr. D

dingducky
2nd Dec 2001, 06:27
i think that 1500 posts qualifys as a ppruneaholic :)
i don't think he can leave that easy! :p
and he is not leaving with my undies :mad:

Capt Vegemite
2nd Dec 2001, 08:36
What did you do with Gerund?

Binoculars
2nd Dec 2001, 09:22
posted 06 October 2001 13:19
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me not seem to be wishing to flagellate an expired equine, but I have once again been moved to my calculator with stunning results.
The original post in this thread raved about Draper's extraordinary average of 5.02 PPD (posts per day). Nobody else appeared to be even close, and I ruminated on the possibility of a complete freak in our midst. But the latest calculations should cause even the most blase among us to gape in awe, to wit:

912 posts in 5 months gives a PPM average of 182.4 (up froim 155.66), which in a short space of time has raised his PPD average to 5.88. Amazing stuff, yes? But wait! There's more!

If we isolate his performance over the last two months, we find a PPM average of 222.5, giving an astonishing run rate of 7.17 PPD!!!!!...............

And now, the updated figures.

Career Runs: 1518 in 7 months = PPM of 217, which equals a stunning PPD of exactly 7, a figure never before thought possible.

Runs since last update; 606 in two months = PPM of 303, PPD = 9.93!!!!!

I can sympathise with Draper's wanting to leave, for surely even he can see the writing on the wall. This rate of performance increase cannot be sustained.

But in common with the vast majority, Monsieur D, I pray you reconsider. The astonishing thing is what a tiny percentage of your posts are superfluous or without merit of some sort. To lose Draper and possibly get back Gerund is an exchange too nasty to contemplate.

Don't go!!

Jetlink
2nd Dec 2001, 10:39
Draper don't go, we lurkers enjoy your posts too much.

18-Wheeler
2nd Dec 2001, 17:30
Captain's order, Commissar Draper - STAY!
You just need to take a breather to renew your particular level of sanity.
Unfortunately the rest of us are insane and cannot be cured ....

tony draper
2nd Dec 2001, 18:40
Yo Bill,The history channel has been trailing a documentry that is to be shown here next week that they say will end the controversy about who flew the first powered flight,.
Sorry can't recall that New Zealand chaps name, but apparently there is also another contender called White?, I believe,not sure what nationality he was, but he had a German sounding christian name, my memory is getting worse, will watch with interest.
Do you get the History channel down under?.

Ah, the trailer just been repeated, the chap was called Gustav Whitehead.
Onward to google Draper. ;)

Indeed ,Facinating. see here
http://www.aopa.ch/xeole.htm#eole

This reminds Draper of the electric lightbulb controversy.
That bounder Edison is given the credit, whereas Draper knows the chap who did invent the carbon filament bulb, lived less than 500 yards from Drapers dwelling, and the first house in the world to be lite by electric light, is about a quarter of a mile away.
This Vicorian light bulb inventing neigbour of Drapers was called Joseph Swan.

[ 02 December 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

Gainesy
2nd Dec 2001, 21:14
Didn't Joe Swan also invent matches and those big, white duck thingys?

Davaar
2nd Dec 2001, 21:35
And even Ediswan?

tony draper
2nd Dec 2001, 21:44
Well its quite true Edison made the thing possible, in that he put together the whole package, ie, powergeneration , swichgear, power distribution, domestic wiring light switches fittings ect, and made electric light common place rather than a scientfic curiosity.
Never the less,old Joe Swan had his Drum, glowing like day, when Edison was still tongue lashing his minions to come up with a working filament. ;)

[ 02 December 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

Grainger
2nd Dec 2001, 22:25
Methinks you contradict yourself, Draper Sir.

On the one hand you wish to avoid repetition - all well and good. Yet you are threatening to emulate the 'off-into-the-sunset' antics of Tartan Gannet and Gerund, amongst others.

And if you do wander off to annoy some other BBS won't you just repeat your material and jokes there - to a new audience ? At least if you stay here you'll have to keep thinking up something new.

You are now so firmly enmeshed in a web of logic of your own making that you have little other choice than to remain here on Prune.

[ 02 December 2001: Message edited by: Grainger ]

Send Clowns
2nd Dec 2001, 23:05
Where is it Mr Draper hangs out away from PPRuNe? I typed his name into google, and was directed to this site (http://www.manxclub.com/botm/bugmon29.html) which, while it indicates one of Mr D's interests, is not a bulletin board!

tony draper
2nd Dec 2001, 23:21
hmmmmm,some truth in what you say Mr G, Draper grows old and weary, the idea of having to break in and train a new forum of grumps fills one with forboding.
Draper has attended only about five forums on a full time basis in his cyber career.
Tech sites and such mostly and single interest forums, Draper has made many friends on these places but they can be narrow in the topics they discuss,
You would not believe how difficult it is to get the chaps at www,necrophiliacs,com to discuss the latest discoveries in Paeleoanthropology or the quantum properties of magnetohydrodynamicsuperfluids and such, or the merits of the Heinz baked bean over Tesco's own brand.
So Draper will continue to lurk here. ;)

Velvet
3rd Dec 2001, 00:08
Oh no, you cannot leave us Mr Draper - some of your posts have become the stuff of PPRuNe legend. For some of us, you are in the top ten Pruners we'd like to meet ;)

As for Gerund - spoke with him recently, he's found a pair of wings and has flown off into the sun.

[ 02 December 2001: Message edited by: Velvet ]

dingducky
3rd Dec 2001, 05:15
am i the only one who suspects mr draper posted this topic just to get the don't go, begging to stay responses? :confused: :D

tony draper
3rd Dec 2001, 05:21
Hmmm, underwear depravation makes one cynical. ;)

Binoculars
3rd Dec 2001, 06:31
Yes, Ding.