PDA

View Full Version : Cadet pilot selection in Cathay Pacfic

wsli
17th Apr 2004, 02:22
Hi,

I am a 25 years old female who graduated with a Bachelor of engineering from a University in Canada, and I applied for the CX cadet pilot program, and I received an email from them about arranging the interview.
1)But I am wondering that how large is my chance of getting pick? Since I am a female, will my chance be smaller? Am I too old for a cadet pilot?

2)Usually how many person was choose for the first round interview? How many round of interview are there?

3)I need to wear a prescription glasses, therefore, does it mean that I won't be qualified? Since applicants should be physical fit (which included eyesights).

Hope that someone can answer my question, thx thx thx

Sarah

K3nnyboy
17th Apr 2004, 03:01
Sarah,

To be honest, I don't know the chances of getting in, even I wanna find out myself, I applied for Cadet Programme as well, and I had my Stage 1 interview 2 weeks ago. I don't think it matters anymore whether you're male or female, everyone is equal;) . From what I know, the average age of Cadet is around mid 20's, so i reckon 25 is good. (but i don't know if I'm too young for this only 19:{ )

2) I don't know how many people they select for Stage 1 interview, but I'm sure someone on this forum can help. However, when I had my first stage, it was in a group of 6 people. There are 4 stages altogether. Cathay would send you more details information about these interview as well, so don't worry.

3) Wearing glasses is not a problem at all!! I wear glasses too! I've seen pilot wearing glasses. :cool:

Good Luck!
:ok:

Ken

Guru
17th Apr 2004, 04:18
As far as both of you are concerned, age is not a problem as there have been plenty of cadets older than 25 or younger than 19 when first joined and many wear glasses.

As someone who had gone through the process I would guess that most people who look like they might be suitable on their CVs would be given a first interview. Although Recruitment gets more selective from here on that's no reason to deter serious candidates.

Go for it!

K3nnyboy
17th Apr 2004, 15:43
Guru,

So you actually made it into the Cadetship? How are you going with it so far?

Guru
18th Apr 2004, 09:26
I graduated some time ago.

K3nnyboy
18th Apr 2004, 16:24
You graduated already?? So you are an Second Officer now? how long u been working for?
Hey Guru, do you remember how long it took you to proceed from 1st interview to 2nd?

Guru
18th Apr 2004, 16:27
I waited around six weeks before I got an answer about the second round.

K3nnyboy
18th Apr 2004, 16:31
Six weeks? Did everyone in your interview group get the notice on the same day? Because some candidates from my group are doing their 2nd soon already! I still got nothing.....so seems like a bad news

BlueEagle
18th Apr 2004, 22:53
Please continue via PM or Email, thanks.

BE.