PDA

View Full Version : Most Users Ever Figure Updates

Kermit 180
14th Aug 2001, 14:22
Dunno if this has been covered elsewhere, but has anyone noticed how the "Most users ever" on the top of the forums pages changes?
You'd think that it'd change when the numbers go UP, but I noticed tonight it was "Most users ever was 259 on Tuesday 14 August at 0950". At 1015 it had changed to read "Most users ever was 187 on Tuesday 14 August". Nice to know the figures out of curiosity, but where's the point if it doesnt give correct updated figures?

Kermie :confused:

AerBabe
14th Aug 2001, 15:20
I noticed that too, but I just put it down to my poor overworked brain being addled.... Kermit, you're not alone!

Kermit 180
14th Aug 2001, 15:26
Thanks Aerbabe, I thought I was going bonkers. :rolleyes:

So, any reason why it does this?

Kermie

Tricky Woo
14th Aug 2001, 15:35
Uncle Danny,

This is an outrage!

If we can't trust these statistics, then what can we trust? The number of members? The number of postings? All these figures are now suspect, which comes as a bit of a shock to some of us, let me tell you. It's this kind of inattention to detail that's undermining the very fabric of society. Mark my words, you haven't heard the end of this: there will be rioting in the streets; babies crying in their cots; cats lost up trees; and all because you failed to make the Most Users stats reliable. We demand a full explanation. Immediately!

Er, sorry. I fancied a rant.

TW

Feeton Terrafirma
14th Aug 2001, 15:46
hmmm

I've noticed that it went down too. But at the time the scotch was going down faster so I ignored it. Tonight however I can't blame the scotch (ahhhh Shiraz......) so I have to believe my own eyes.

Tricky, trust a lawyer to rant about riots in the street! What a load of ..it! We all know the riot will be on Jet Blast!

;)