PDA

View Full Version : Freeserve

VFE
17th Apr 2004, 00:30
Folks,

Anyone else experiencing problems with Freeserve? Managed to stay on for five minutes before I got disconnected this evening, usually it's nearer three minutes.

Time to switch ISP methinks.....

VFE.

X-QUORK
17th Apr 2004, 12:08
VFE,

Go and have a look on this site, it's great:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk

Plenty of reviews and customer comments/chatrooms etc. You'll find that Freeserve have a fairly active forum!!

Regards

X-Q

PS

I use Pipex broadband, reasonably priced and hardly ever any problems.

IB4138
17th Apr 2004, 12:27
I changed from freeserve years ago.
The down side is that is b difficult to irradicate from your system, should you decide to do so.

Paul Wilson
17th Apr 2004, 16:39
The best way to install any ISP is to just put in the numbers for dial-up or settings for broadband, don't run the nasty CD they give you. I'm running Freeserve Broadband and have no major problems, had it running for 9 months now and have had 2 service outages, both due to their password server packing up. Very stable otherwise, and I will be online for 10 hours at a time.

BALIX
17th Apr 2004, 16:57
I've been with Freeserve for a few years now so I think it is time for a change. I'm going to Wanadoo instead ;)

timmcat
20th Apr 2004, 12:35
I'm with this crew. (http://www.plus.net) They don't seem to advertise, but the deals and service are absolutely spot on (I've tried loads over the past 6 years, these are the best by far).

Tim

Bre901
20th Apr 2004, 12:43
[grumpy old man ON]
Hey mods, what is this serious stuff doing here ? :8 :8

What would happen if JetBlasters went posting on R&N or the Mil. Forum :confused:

Ooops, reminds me I just posted there :uhoh: :uhoh: where are my pills now

[grumpy old man OFF]

spork
20th Apr 2004, 18:13
I'm going to Wanadoo insteadMy mate in Spain calls it Wanadon't because it's so bad. So there's something for all you Freeserve users to look forward to. Maybe that's why Freeserve is deteriorating early on - so's you don't notice the difference.

The ntl free dial-up service deteriorated terribly around the time the broadband was introduced. Their marketing ploy was: "sorry that dial-up is so bad - why not try broadband - oh, well yes, you have to pay for it but it's so much better than...

BALIX
20th Apr 2004, 22:18
My mate in Spain calls it Wanadon't because it's so bad

Ah well, you see, that is dirty foreign Wanadoo, once Freeserve does the big switch over we wwill have good old fashioned British Wanadoo - a British Frenchie has got to be better than a Spanish one ;)

I've not found Freeserve to be too bad but I don''t owe it any loyalty so if it goes down the pan I'm offf to ISPastures new.

ISPastures? Ill get me coat...