PDA

View Full Version : Sending pictures from Vodafone camera phone to computer via E-mail?

Tonic Please
16th Apr 2004, 18:44
How do you do it????

Dan

BRL
16th Apr 2004, 19:58
RTFM...!!!!!!!!! ;)

What make/model phone, do you have it wap enabled/GPRS enabled? If you are not sure then I bet you have not set it up with vodaphone yet. Might cost you extra for these.

Can you not just send the picture as an MMS to the e-mail address? I can do that on mine but I must have GPRS enabled etc.

I can now check for e-mails on my bt account using my phone. Don't know why, just though I would try it and see and I now can. I am with Orange and they offer the service at an additional cost.(extra £4 or something like that a month.)

Tonic Please
16th Apr 2004, 22:13
The phone is a Sharp GX10i. We went to the Vodafone website and it showed us, very complicatedly, how to enable Vodafone live! or whatever its called. We followed this, and thankfully the screen said..ENABLED!

Woohoo! Well, we sent a picture to my email address, and it ddnt work. (There is still nothing after 5 hours).

The phone appears to be all set up and all. Very troublesome. The reason we want to use this facility is to send to the computer, via email, a few pictures dad took when away in Cyprus.

I might end up emailing Vodafone. I'll let you know my response in a decades time :rolleyes:
(however, perhaps people have had good experiences with them??)

Dan

fobotcso
17th Apr 2004, 08:32
I have Panasonic GD87 (Vodafone contract too) and have never used the e-mail process. But I can get the photos from camera/phone to computer either through wire or Bluetooth.

The process is unpublished and Vodafone won't tell you about it because they prefer you to spend your beer tokens using e-mail.

Get a Konnect (or similar) "Phone Manager" kit from a mobile phone shop that allows you to connect 'phone to PC and upload/download 'phone books and text messages. Make sure they don't quietly sell you one with a serial connector on it unless that's what you want. Get the USB version.

When you got it working (after a struggle - the instructions are not very user friendly) you probably won't be able to see the photos stored on the phone (I'm assuming that the Sharp is similar to the Panasonic) because you can only access the "received" folder of the phone.

But, using the phone's data management commands you can copy the photos in the "pictures" storage folder of the phone (they're probably JPGs) to the "received" folder and then download them to PC.

Then you'll be able to see just how bad the pictures are that these phone/cameras take. :\

BEagle
17th Apr 2004, 10:05
Sounds like another Vodafone product launched before it was fully tested!

Setting up my VMC card to send and receive e-mail was a very devil - I've now written an idiot's guide whcih the phone shop has distributed to all its branches!

And I'm still waiting to find out how to send e-mail from a VodafoneD2 hotspot in an airline lounge! I can send e-mails fine from UK Horizons hotspots in the UK - but VodafoneD2 hotspots in Lufthansa lounges always bounce any e-mail back to me.....