PDA

View Full Version : Partial

Polish Erek
16th Apr 2004, 15:50
I have today passed the IR with Partial pass, I have re-test on monday before noon.

I mis understood an instruction from the examiner and believed that I should do somthing that I shouldn't.

I feel little bit sore as I have passed all flight test before fully and this is the first time I have had such failure.

Monday will see me pass in full.

For now I have many good drinks to forget this mishap.

zickler

Thank you my good friend my last bit of preparation using your formula assisted me flying a excellent Hold to proceedural NDB.

once again thank you

EREK

AndyDRHuddleston
16th Apr 2004, 16:01
Erek,

Let me be the first to congratulate you, I'm sure that on Monday night you'll be found celebrating in one of your local bars!!!

Fingers crossed for you. :ok:

ADRH

Charlie Zulu
16th Apr 2004, 17:30
Well done Erek!

Not to worry about the Partial Pass, it is very common here in the UK to obtain a partial at the first attempt.

I am very sure you'll be drinking lots of beer in a local bar on Monday evening to celebrate a successful re-test.

Best wishes and well done again,

Charlie Zulu.

Long Briefing
16th Apr 2004, 22:03
Erek

First and foremost congratulations, you have achieved a Partial Pass!

It is a pass and certainly not a fail, even though you may well be disappointed at not getting a full pass.

The IRT is not an easy test. It is made up of many fairly easy components but with the pressure on the day it is not difficult to mess up something and end up failing a section. I tell my students that in order to get a partial, they have got probably got 95% right. This would be a solid pass in any other type of game I know other than Russian Roulette!

OK. Now what? Make sure you have a very clear understanding of what you have failed. Sometimes the adrenalin on the day makes for selective hearing at the examiner's debrief. If in any doubt, ask your instructor to telephone the examiner. Next, book an afternoon test and fly in the morning with your instructor and practice until you can do it perfectly. Go straight off to test and clear off your Partial. Next go off and celebrate your success. When in due course you have recovered from the inevitable hangover, please let us all know here at PPRUNE!!

Lastly, a small ps. I know of several airline training managers who didn't get a full pass on their first attempt at their IR. You are not alone, it is no disgrace and it is not a blight on your career.

Good Luck

High Wing Drifter
17th Apr 2004, 07:42
Congrats and well done! I live in fear of the day when my turn comes.

Good luck on Monday :D :ok:

schooner
17th Apr 2004, 20:31
Charlie Zulu,
It was my understanding that a partial pass is mandatory!

Cheers.

mad_jock
18th Apr 2004, 15:15
Well done!!!

The parting comment from my examiner. "Well done and best luck for your next check in 12months."

Don't worry its the hardest check ride you will do in your career. The revalidationones are a breeze compared to the first one.

MJ