PDA

View Full Version : Maps and charts etc...

Foz2
16th Apr 2004, 11:31
Hi,

I'm doing my ATPL's at the moment and just wondering if anyone had any good rhymes or ways of remebering all the different types of maps and charts (Mercator, simple conic, oblique mercator etc). The problem I'm having is trying to remeber the ways in which the rhumb lines and great circles curve depending on the map they are on etc.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Foz

keeno
16th Apr 2004, 15:27
foz

there arent any really great methods i can think for this task, it is one of those things that u just have to learn...try and look at which ones have the chart convergence on them, and remember where ur equator is...its is a hard task i know, i have been there, but what u will find is that there will only be a few questions in the exam about charts (if your lucky!) and they will be to do with naming where rhumb lines are facing (convex or concave to the equator) and then just some convergence angle questions.

what u will find is that the exam will be heavily based on the use of the CRP 5, so make sure you are up to speed on how to use it and knowing your methods..

good luck

Keeno

Foz2
17th Apr 2004, 11:37
Cheers Keeno,

Anyone else with any pearls of wisdom?!!

Foz