PDA

View Full Version : Message Icons

Tricky Woo
13th Aug 2001, 16:46
Hi All,

I wonder if any of you have the definitions for each of the message icons? I understand some of 'em, but the rest are a bit obscure, IMHO. I'd post 'em here, but Uncle Danny has switched off links and UBB codes, so we're a bit stuffed.

I always use this fishy thing on my posts, as I thought it highlighted my strong Christian values, plus it's always looked reasonably chirpy to me. Not at all like the fish I see down supermarket, which is sort of in chunks and shrink-wrapped with a bar code. However, I have a horrible feeling that it might be some kind internet etiquette thingy that really means something quite nasty.

Any ideas?

TW

Bio Warrior
13th Aug 2001, 22:56
Tricky ????? your strong Christian values???
are you trying to kill me by making me laugh darlin?
I always assumed the fishy was surreal, for use when one is making a statement of deep and slightly odd ball nature.

Tricky Woo
13th Aug 2001, 23:23
Ahh, then I have a problem because none of my posts can ever be considered either slightly surreal, or remotely odd-ball.

I might have to consider changing to some other icon. I've got my eye on that triangle thingy.

TW

Onan the Clumsy
13th Aug 2001, 23:27
You mean this one?

dingducky
24th Aug 2001, 06:44
we really need a cute little rubber ducky! :)

RW-1
24th Aug 2001, 21:34
As someone else pointed out, that is not a fish, but an oven mitt, we have all been fooled! :eek:

BlueDiamond
25th Aug 2001, 06:33
Are you trying to tell me this ISN'T a turtle peeping out of its shell ????

(Picks up phone and hurriedly makes appointment with local optician.)

:confused: