15th Apr 2004, 12:36
Does this really deserve international condemnation?:confused:

Ozzy
15th Apr 2004, 12:38
This thread thoroughly deserves international condemnation:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ozzy

squire
15th Apr 2004, 12:54
here we are (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/2004/iraq_securitycompanies.htm) and from the pacific (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/2004/iraq_securitycompanies.htm)

Danny
15th Apr 2004, 13:14
As from 1200Z 15th April 2004, there will be no posts or threads that refer to Islam, Muslims, Arabs, Jews, Israel, Bin Laden, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine, Arafat, Coalition, Bush, Cheney, troops, war, conflict or anything else I deem to be a total pain in the @rse to have to moderate on an aviation forum until further notice.

I am sick to the back teeth of a small group of users who feel they can just continually start threads about the situation in the Middle East and expect me to sit back and let them use my website for their own political agenda or platform. Well, I'm just not in the mood today and I may not be in the mood tomorrow, or the next day. You'll just have to be patient or else sod off to another website where your posts will be appreciated more than they are here.

If you can insert a reference to aviation then it may be considered but it had better be relative to the topic. If you can't, then don't bother because I'm in a very dictatorial mood and deletion of your posts may cause offence. Also, don't go heaping any sh1t on the moderators of this forum. It is my decision and I'm just not in the mood to have the same old protaganists start yet another of the countless threads just so they can spout off their own brand of politics in some freudian attempt to make the rest of us either feel guilty or change our points of view.

So, as of NOW, post about the topics in the first paragraph (which also includes topics I may not have mentioned but I consider may be meant to be similar) and I will delete or edit or move your work and/or apply any of the PPRuNe punishment/torture instruments at my disposal. If you're not happy with my dictat, I really don't care so don't bother trying to PM me or start a thread about my decision. I'm a dictator, I know it and I really don't give a toss about free speech on PPRuNe (well, Jet Blast at least).

Yours dictatorially,

Danny

fishtits
15th Apr 2004, 13:19
Here here.

:ok:

G-ALAN
15th Apr 2004, 13:29
whipshhhhhh! :ouch:

Well said, I don't bother posting on such threads anymore because much of it is same old people spouting the same old biggoted crap.

We can discuss sex right? :}

chuks
15th Apr 2004, 13:32
Dear Squire,

By 'this' do you mean kidnapping someone or do you mean putting a comment on 'Jet Blast'?

Last time I checked, kidnapping was considered to be extremely naughty, although perhaps not always deserving of international condemnation. Most folks don't favour it, certainly. Last time it happened to me I found myself coming down on the condemnation side after about 20 minutes, although the ransom turned out to be a few naira for beer for the forces of law and disorder. It was a rather benign kidnapping that was over even before the roaming CNN teams could reach the spot.

Posting comments on this forum, on the other hand, seems to be a valuable outlet for people with too much time or too many digits or whatever our problem is. You might get some negative reactions from your audience over this but if you want to consider that 'international condemnation' that will probably be your problem.

On the other hand, if this kidnapee is big, mean and a reader of 'Jet Blast' you may have more immediate problems than you have bargained for, if and when he ever gets free! Good luck with that!

Paterbrat
15th Apr 2004, 13:33
Aaaaghhh G-ALAN the eternal optimism of yooof.

ceedee
15th Apr 2004, 13:49
Yours dictatorially,
Danny
Wow.
So THAT's why the forum's called "Jet Blast"?

:D

itchybum
15th Apr 2004, 16:31
I won't put too much effort into this post as deletion of same with great relish seems to bring to those with the power satisfaction second only to the imagined look of anguish on the face of the poster.

Dictators come and go and so do fads. Who knows, maybe the concept of posting on and viewing anonymous forums might one day fade away into nothing more than the wistful lament of wasted hours.

Since we can no longer "get stuck in a heated debate" with impunity on any "Topics that don't fit the other forums" we choose, I should think some of the people that make pprune what it is, for better or worse, will take the above slap-in-the-face for what it is and spend their advertisement-viewing, web-surfing hours elsewhere.

As for me, I'll probably hang around to see what happens next but I must confess surprise to see who might best take the advice of:

"...stay out if you are faint hearted." :{

And with that I bid you all farewell. I'm of the feeling that in this dictatorial "world" my post might be seen as some sort of political insurrection (or is that 'dissidence'?) (or do I flatter myself?) and the goons will be around tonight between 2 and 4am, to snuff out my "life" forthwith after a suitable flogging in some basement. My greatest regret will be, naturally, the loss of my tremendous tally of posts.

:{

SawThe Light
15th Apr 2004, 22:58
One simply cannot permit one to mention XXXXX about XXXXXX in JB.

One may still be permitted to post one's opinion about XXXXX however, provided of course that one does not print any words such as XXXXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXXXX, or XXXXX etc.

Otherwise, it is still business as usual.

Just remember, don't mention XXXXXXX.

STL

finfly1
15th Apr 2004, 23:29
I mentioned the war once, but I think I got away with it.......

Paracab
15th Apr 2004, 23:48
Thanks guys, one step closer to getting JB to shut down.
Well played.

bugg smasher
16th Apr 2004, 00:55
The purported truce offered by OBL to the Euro nations has been interpreted as an attempt to drive a wedge between the US and its allies.

Is it possible, instead, that they are getting uncomfortably close to his cave?

Ozzy
16th Apr 2004, 00:58
Jump before you are pushed begg smasher. See the sticky above.

Ozzy

squire
16th Apr 2004, 05:56
"there will be no posts or threads that refer to Islam, Muslims, Arabs, Jews, Israel, Bin Laden, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine, Arafat, Coalition, Bush, Cheney, troops, war, conflict or anything else I deem to be a total pain in the @rse"

:}Mod baiting the new sport for 2004:ok:Is Blair OK?:\

chuks
16th Apr 2004, 07:26
The moderatorial intervention came just in time!

I had to go to a parent's meeting yester e'en about sending our son off for a weekend with the church in connection with his upcoming confirmation. The wife was still stuck at work so that I had to do this without adult supervision.

When I got there, still in a somewhat ebullient mood from an afternoon spent squashing flies with an FZR-600, I found the pastor to be named 'Paulus'. Any fan of mayhem, bloodshed, patriotism, war and related themes will, of course, associate this with Stalingrad.

So when we got through with the boring stuff about no fizzy cola drinks, no alcohol (statutory warning for a group of 13 year-olds), no fags, extra pair of shoes, etc, etc. the Feldmarschall, sorry, Pastor, asked, 'Any questions?'

You just know what was on the tip of my tongue, but I just nodded and smiled, Prozac-style and got the hell out of there. Absent this Prunial pulling-up-short I might well have mentioned the War!

Now I have volunteered to drive a group of the kiddies to the venue for this outing. I must remember to take the 'Pulp Fiction' soundtrack CD out of the car's player. Otherwise my son will be sure to play, 'Any one of you pricks so much as move and I'll execute every motherf*cking one of you!' for our little guests as part of their moral education.

av8boy
16th Apr 2004, 07:35
It's not really "mod baiting" though, is it? Doesn't "baiting" imply that you're trying to draw a reluctant party into a discussion unprepared and off-balance (for instance) in order to gain some sort of tactical advantage? Engaging in baiting implies that there's something in it for you. Seems to me that that's not the case here, unless you're running a competing forum somewhere...

The fun's gonna get scarce quickly when he shuts this thing down. Thrown Danny a bone and let him catch his breath...

:(

Rollingthunder
16th Apr 2004, 07:49
sending our son off for a weekend with the church

Bloody hell, I wouldn't let any of my children do that these days. Not on this continent anyway. Only clergy I trust at the moment is Keef.

Lost_luggage34
16th Apr 2004, 08:16
Permission to shout Bravo at an annoying loud volume ?

(Permission granted)

BRAVO !

Grandpa
16th Apr 2004, 08:27
Last time I heard of him, he managed to escape on his light motorcycle..........
I will only retire in my tent, under my boorkha like you Danny, and hope this world will keep on turning.
See you.