PDA

View Full Version : Recent Cathay Interview Questions

Argh Jay
15th Apr 2004, 18:52
Just curious if there is anyone lurking who has done an initial CX interview in the last month or two who may have an inside on some of the tech questions.

I am diligently studying HBJ, XYZ and some buddies notes from a while ago.

Any good gen on recent interview questions? Anyone caught with thier pants down on Met, systems or 747 stuff? Are they lloking to see your knowledge base of the -400 if you are interviewing for a -400 job?

Thanks in advance.

RJ

bumboclot
16th Apr 2004, 03:46
recently did the SO final interview. some tough questions i got included:

*microburst - what is it, where could you expect to encounter them, how to get out of them in a big jet?

*what's a monsoon, what are the season?

*typhoons - how do they form, what type of conditions necesarry, what happens when they move over land?

*what's the difference between the fly-by-wire technology between the 777 and airbus, with the autopilot on?

was asked lots of questions about the operation i am currently flying for. in the initial interview there were lots of questions about the 747-400 - fuel system, winglets, brakes, differences between the 300 & 400, etc....

hope that helps a bit

rjer
22nd Oct 2004, 18:20
*what's the difference between the fly-by-wire technology between the 777 and airbus, with the autopilot on?

Is it that the control column on the 777 moves and the sidestick does not?