PDA

View Full Version : The Cheek Of Bin Laden !!

Paracab
15th Apr 2004, 08:47
Heard on the news this morning that Osama Bin Laden has called for a truce with Europe as long as Europe 'stops attacking Muslims'

There will aparrently be no truce with America though.

Unbelievable. Lets just remember who started all of this shall we OBL ?!!

Perhaps he is a little concerned that he has bitten off more then he can chew ??!

:mad: :*

High Wing Drifter
15th Apr 2004, 11:42
OBL isn't at the root of this mess if that is what you mean. He is a just a lunatic hell bent on maintaing and widening the divide.

All things considered, the US have probably killed more civilians than they have lost so OBL is probably wishing he hadn't messed with those maniacs...yes!

tony draper
15th Apr 2004, 11:42
It was a fair bet that he would try something like this,after all his henchmen can take a fair amount of the credit for changing the government of Spain.
Being a cynic I don't think politicians worry to much over their citizens being killed, what does put the fear of god into them is the idea of losing power or indeed losing their seats.
I think quite a few governments this side of the water would be willing to wave the piece of paper like Chamberlain.

airship
15th Apr 2004, 11:54
OBL must have been taking private lessons...his latest communication should please Europeans who would like to disassociate themselves with GWB "adventurism" abroad. :uhoh:

Or is this just a classic device to "divide and rule"? :hmm:

WeatherJinx
15th Apr 2004, 12:09
Or is this just a classic device to "divide and rule"?Airship - got it in one. A cynical ploy to drive a wedge between an already uneasy alliance. It should be rejected.

Jx

airship
15th Apr 2004, 12:15
Oh I don't know. After all, Libya managed to find a way back into the community of nations. Everyone has a price... :E

Ozzy
15th Apr 2004, 12:18
It's called blackmail. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ozzy

Loc-out
15th Apr 2004, 12:27
Cheek alright.

However, it wouldnt surprise me if some European countries capitulated, based on events last century.

The only way is to standup to the b:mad:s and go and try and hit them before they hit us.

Give in now and you will be eating their s:mad:t for the rest of our lives.

They say these fanatics are hijacking religon to further their aims. But are they?? Until I hear more (any?) clerics and so called moderates standup and condem the likes of OLB I wont be convinced.

chuks
15th Apr 2004, 12:43
Dear Loc-out,

Isn't going out and 'hitting them before they hit us' part of the (USA, primarily) problem, though?

Come to that, if you visit the USA there are some parts of it where a stranger needs to be very careful about knocking on strange doors, asking questions of indigenes, etc. That is because they subscribe to this sort of simplistic mind-set and local jurisdiction favours them if someone not their own ends up somewhat unjustifiably dead. There was a Japanese student in Louisiana who knocked on the wrong door and ended up paying for Pearl Harbor. His family got real upset when a local court let the gun-happy local walk. Blowing away a 'furriner' who happens to knock on your door is considered to be good judgement in Lousiana, and that is official!

I had a guy on my plane not long ago who looked for all the world like OBL. Turned out he was just some harmless guy from Oman who liked to dress up that way. Not everyone goes around dressed in jeans and a baseball cap in my part of the world which does complicate telling friend from foe. On the other hand, I bet those 11 September guys weren't dressed in full Arab rig.

It would have been interesting to try and explain to the Chief Pilot and the customer that I just didn't like the look of the Omani so that I had clocked him but only in a 'preventive' sort of way.

The neat thing about the OBL approach to things is that it gets we Yanks so wound up we lash out at everyone, thus doing much of his work for him.

Didn't your mother teach you not to go around hitting people?