View Full Version : How to gain entry to Virgin Blue Recruitment seminar???!!!

sezt83
15th Apr 2004, 01:30
Hi guys & gals,

Just wondering if there's anyone out there who can give me some suggestions as to how to gain entry to a Virgin Blue recruitment seminar??

I've applied online, and even travelled to Sydney to personally hand in my resume, which was passed on to the recruitment office in Brisbane. Unfortunantly, a nice young man at Sydney Airport (a service manager there) informed me that, to increase your chances or speed up the process,it's a case of not what you know, but who you know, and I don't know anyone in the VB link, so, if there's anyone out there who works for Virgin Blue and wants to give me a hand in realising my dream in becoming a Flight Attendant could you please drop me a message....

It would be muchly appreciated...

many thanks,

Sezt83 - x x -

Big Hairy Potatoes
15th Apr 2004, 02:48
sezt83.
With this process there has to be some relationship there between the nominator and the nominee. You have to have known the person for a minimum 3-6 months and indicate on the nomination the relationship, skills that the person will bring to the company and so forth. It not as easy as you think, sorry

sezt83
15th Apr 2004, 04:03
Thanx very much big hairy potatoes, I was unaware of these conditions that apply....Do you work for VB? ....Don't worry, if you do, I'm not going to try to become your friend for 3-6 months, I just wanted to know if you knew of any other ways to gain entry to a VB recruit. seminar?

Thanks again,

Sezt83 :oh:

captain_josh18
15th Apr 2004, 05:50
you wont wanna work for VB anyway, try Jetstar, their methods of recruitment are much more fairer than what VB are...

Plus you dont have to play kindergarden games !!

TrafficBoy
15th Apr 2004, 06:57
???

as kindergarten-ish as you might think the recruitment process is, it is very effective in recruiting the right people for the jobs. Naturally there will always be the odd people that slip through that perhaps could be better placed in other positions - but overall, the assessment centre IS a fun day, a challenging day, and tests competencies such as team working, problem solving, comprehension, personality, flair and many other things. So go for SEZT83, i hope you succeed in not only getting a place in an assessment centre, but also a position with the company.... dont listen to people who tell you otherwise - you would enjoy it

captain_josh18
15th Apr 2004, 07:18
lol

yeah

:yuk:

overhere
15th Apr 2004, 09:36
the last qantas mainline interviews involved building a tree! interviewers use these "games" to look for certain qualities in applicants, clearly the qualities differ from airline to airline as the "qantas spirit" differs somewhat from the "virgin flair".

sezt83
15th Apr 2004, 21:50
I've heard about these games they play as part of the interview process, and really, as childish as it may seem, I do believe it is an appropriate way of assessing ones interaction abilities and other qualities they may have as it's a simple task and one where it isn't about how smart you are or how fast you are able to solve the problem and the recruitment crew are able to see who has that 'qantas spirit' or 'virgin flair' and as Dr Phil said, the real you.....Thanks also Traffic boy, I've been told so many times that I would suit a position with Virgin Blue with my out-going, crazy, bubbly personality, and I was already so determine to be part of the VB team, but you've just inspired me even more!
I'm not giving up yet! Thanx heaps! ;) :D

DJ_Fly_Boi
16th Apr 2004, 00:03
Hi

To help increase your chances of being invited to a recruitment day - go back over your application and see if there is anything you have forgotten - or anything that you could add.

Perhaps have a read thoroughly over the Virgin Blue website and look for key words that are used to decribe the people that they are looking for - then use them in your application.

As for the "kindergarten games' - in my interview for QF - we were required to build a plane with lego, make a tree from cardboard, look at a situation of some folks in a lifeboat and then vote one person out of the lifeboat.

As you can see, DJ are not the only ones to use this type of activity to see the real you - and weed out the folks that unfortuneatly do not have the qualities that particular carrier is looking for.

Good Luck!