View Full Version : How do I apply for VIP Jobs?

Ms McBride
14th Apr 2004, 13:17
Hello there folks!

Would like to ask everyone out there if they know how I can apply for VIP flying position, European and/or Middle east etc.?.........

I am currently purser for a commercial airline and like my job but want to go into VIP area of flying.

I would appreciate all comments and all your opinions.

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

:ok:

jace
14th Apr 2004, 13:21
Good luck, this seems to be the only question nobody likes to share info on! (very secretive) :( :sad:

christep
14th Apr 2004, 13:51
Eh? Forgive me if I am being stupid, but is there not a sticky thread in this very forum here: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121849 which advertises such a position?

flyblue
14th Apr 2004, 14:15
Ms McBride,
I have occasionally flown for a VIP airline and done recruitment for them. At the time I spread the voice with people I knew within airlines that I was aware provided good customer service. I explained the requirements (which were quite strict) in order not to waste people's time.
Lots of recruitment on VIP airlines are done this way, because then you can "trace" the "provenance" of a C/A and check with people you know in that airline to see if the person is ok for the job. My sister works for a VIP airline (not as a C/A) and calls me from time to time for a "check" on someone. It is more reliable than the references letter.
Something you could also do is to send lots of CVs to companies. You may try and ask the adresses if you don't have it (to be sent to your email) on the Biz Jets and GA Forum (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=36).
Good luck and give us some feedback ;)

sixmilehighclub
14th Apr 2004, 21:37
Hi

Occasional jobs appearing on aviationjobsearch and flightinternational sites.

But blink...........

Good luck!

richterscale10
16th Apr 2004, 07:29
Mrs McBride

I have flown for several commercial and private operators here and in the States........and I would go with VIP everytime - if the chances came up...
Keep your eyes out on Flight International and Aviation Job Search....but also you need to get hold of relevant names at companies and send an personal e mail/letter with CV --- as this seems to be the way forward. Just call and ask for names, but,
things are very tight knit in this sphere of aviation.
Look up Twinjet at Luton, International Jetclub at Farnborough, Jet Aviation in Geneva.............

Flying corporate can be very lonely if you are the only cabin crew member and you thought you didn't have a social life flying commercial...........weeks away from home can sometimes feel like months!

But, you get to go to some 'Out of this World' places and get a real sense of independence....

And on a professional level, you have total charge of your own aircraft.........and when it all works good, its a great feeling!

Good Luck!