PDA

View Full Version : Loganair?

Homer_J
14th Apr 2004, 12:47
Does anyone know anything about Loganair, with regards the question of are they reqruiting at the moment?

I know several people who work there who say they've lost quite a few people to easy and netjets recently.
I filled in the application form and posted it off, but I have only received the standard postcard.
I know of two other people who have also sent in application forms recently, and we all have over a thousand hours, mostly twin.

Are they just dragging there heels?

I read recently they are getting another sabb recently and in the news I read they are starting a two new routes, edi-iom, and gla-gallway.

cheers.

jskeffin
16th Apr 2004, 11:10
as disheartening as it may be to have recieved no initial contact of the airline keep persavering. Rumour has the airline is recruiting, at what level however i am unsure. If, which i hope is not the case however u are not successful, do remember that Loganair is a franchise of BA, so if their prcedures involved in the recruitment process are anything to go by they'll be looking for pilots with experience, preferably coming from another airline.
Just a thought.

Pilot Pete
16th Apr 2004, 16:24
jskeffin

I think it is extremely unlikely that Loganair would either use BA selection tests or expect to get pilots from other airlines. They simply do not pay enough to attract pilots from other carriers and accept that they are a 'first rung' on the aviation ladder unless they find individuals who want a Scottish base and their interesting route structure rather than a 737.

PP

Jambo Jet
15th Apr 2005, 09:08
So,

How much do they pay ?

Captain or FO?

Tubbs
15th Apr 2005, 14:39
Have to echo PP's comments. Seen as a first rung for inexperienced pilots, although there does seem to be experienced/ex forces etc guys who come here because they love the flying. For pay, conditions and recruitment have a look at www.ppjn.com - it's pretty accurate. Recent recruitment seems to have favoured instructors with 500-1000 hours, although it's not the rule as plenty of recent grads have got jobs at the company.

offspring
15th Apr 2005, 16:07
Loganair are recruiting for the Islander fleet and the Saab fleet.

Need direct entry Captains for both types as well FOs for the SAAB.

No strict rules on experience for SAAB FO's, recent recruits have had as little as 300hrs whilst others have been experienced instructors.

Recruitment will continue into the summer so keep trying. Dont rely on the online system. Send yoyr CV and letter by mail also. Be persistent but professional in your approach.

Really good opportunities for experience GA pilots with 2000+ and 500ME SPIFR who are finding it difficult to get on the Airline ladder. If you fit in this bracket PM me and I will give you details.