PDA

View Full Version : Chicken or Egg

cabair16
11th Aug 2001, 06:12
Who was the first person to see somethink drop from a hens back end and think....Ummm that looks good enought to eat? Did they then try it with a cow ?

Rollingthunder
11th Aug 2001, 06:30
Give me a break.
30 hours and ATPL?
Alligator or the egg?

Blacksheep
11th Aug 2001, 08:46
I don't know exactly who it was but I'll bet any amount that they were Chinese! :D

Surely the real question here is 'whoever first looked at a sea cucmber and decided it might make the basis of a delicious meal?' And then went on to make it happen too!!

p.s. Was it really an Englishman who invented Black Pudding?

Through difficulties to the cinema

Kermit 180
11th Aug 2001, 09:59
To venture and experience is to learn and discover.

Kermie

429 CJ
11th Aug 2001, 16:06
DA,

What was the idea behind Tripe then?????????

BTW had to change the undies 'cos they got wet! ;)

HugMonster
11th Aug 2001, 16:28
Interesting thought.

Also, the first guy who ever milked a cow - what the HECK was going through his head???

Whilst we're talking aout human/animal interactions (calm down, all the Welsh) my personal nomination for bravery goes to the guy who collects the sperm for bovine artificial inseminations...

flex won
11th Aug 2001, 17:06
Good job he milked a cow and not a bull....

How many pints?!!!!!!!

Onan the Clumsy
13th Aug 2001, 21:43
So there's a chicken and an egg sitting in bed together. The chicken's smoking a cigarette and in a pissed off voice says...

"Well I guess that answers THAT question"

tony draper
13th Aug 2001, 21:59
What about tongue!errr, how can anybody eat that,it comes from a animals mouth, I'd rather have a egg anyday. ;)

Onan the Clumsy
13th Aug 2001, 22:02
So does a chicken egg have half the number of chromosones like a human egg?

Ok, it's the same number, but singly and not in pairs.

tony draper
13th Aug 2001, 22:27
Interesting question Mr C,wondered about that myself, they do keep a cockerall around those free laying jobs, not sure about those poor factory bugger's though, mebbee they are just unfertilised?
We are suprisingly ignorant about the grub we eat,I asked a few people how long a cow would live if we didn't scrag them in their youth for steaks and such, nobody could tell me.

redsnail
14th Aug 2001, 00:55
What came first? The rooster of course. ;)

LatviaCalling
14th Aug 2001, 01:01
Blacksheep,

Of course, like you say, it was the Chinese. They found an egg, didn't know what to do with it, buried it, made a record of it, and a thousand years later other Chinese dug it up and ate it. Hence the term 1,000-year old eggs.

tony draper
14th Aug 2001, 03:33
I do not wish to appear pedantic here, the egg came into being long before birds evolved, and therefore before chickens.
I believe it as the Triassic reptiles that came up with the amniote egg, may have been before that.
So the answer to that question is the egg came first.
Still nobody told me the natural life span of the cow would be or a sheep for that matter. ;)

PTT
14th Aug 2001, 03:47
A chicken and an egg are laying in bed together. The chicken looks pretty p!ssed off, and the egg is laying back, smoking a tab and generally looking pretty pleased with itself (don't ask how).
The chicken mutters under it's breath "That answers THAT question, then."

Sorry. :(

The Nr Fairy
14th Aug 2001, 10:51
PTT - you've managed to re-ignite the debate. Onan indicated earlier it was the chicken.

FlyingForFun
14th Aug 2001, 14:01
Mr Draper, are you telling me you'd rather eat something that comes out of chicken's behind than something that comes out of an animal's mouth?

I think you're just jealous that someone other than you has started an odd-ball thread! :D ;) :D

FFF
----------

Tricky Woo
14th Aug 2001, 16:40
FFF,

I don't find Herr Draper's threads in the least bit odd-ball. How peculiar of you to suggest it.

TW

Kaptin M
14th Aug 2001, 17:00
So what's better - a BIG night on the p155, or the morning after NOT having a big night out, knowing that if you HAd had a BIG night you wouldn't be feeling as healthy as you do?

And along the same lines, what do you enjoy more - filling UP with the demon drink, or emptying it out?

tony draper
14th Aug 2001, 17:25
Depends which orifice is being emptied from ;)

Tricky Woo
14th Aug 2001, 18:50
...or indeed the substance that you're emptying out of it.

TW

tony draper
14th Aug 2001, 19:16
Its years since Draper experienced a hangover,
Had some dillies in my time though, some of the best could be had from stuff we used to buy in Australia called Dr Penfolds, about two shilling a gallon in old money,I think it was neant to be wine, or it would have become so if left a tad longer.
Strangest drink, was Arrack, to be had in Ceylon, don't know if is the same stuff that can be bought elsewhere, but Ceylonese Arrack was unique in that it produced almost instant projectile vomiting, astonishing distances could be achieved, depending on stomach content,it could have been a olympic event, about fifteen foot of straight trajectory before gravity began to influence the ejected material.
Astonishing stuff,Arrack the more adventurous among you might like to experience this phenomenon, if you are ever in that area. :eek:

BUMPFF
14th Aug 2001, 19:34
In Cyprus it's known as Kokkinelli

Self Loathing Freight
14th Aug 2001, 23:39
Mr. Draper,

The natural lifespan of a cow is 20 years, although most are slaughtered at 30 months. It is 12-14 years for a goat.

Tricky Woo
14th Aug 2001, 23:45
Fascinating. Do aging cows go senile? Grey? Fall over and break their hips? Do they get saggy udders? We must be told.

TW

tony draper
14th Aug 2001, 23:47
Thank you Mr F,Seriously, been asking people that question for years, don't know why?, just curious. ;)

tony draper
14th Aug 2001, 23:58
Often wondered if you can still get Dr Penfolds in Australia,doubt it somehow, was a much hardier brand of Aussies there when Draper was a lad the new ones are wooses just like the Europeans.
I hear they even use anaesthetics now for minor operations such as Appendectomies or amputations, and the ladies expect a day off work to have a sprog, Yeh all softies now.
The only job opertunity for any man with a full set of front teeth was that of ladies hairdresser or female impersonator.
Yes indeed men were men then, in Aussy.
Ahhh! Doctor Penfolds. ;)

TheDrop
15th Aug 2001, 00:17
It's not much fun being an egg ...

You only get hard once,
You only get laid once,

And the only one who ever sits on your face is your mother ...

(from a greeting card I saw some 15 years ago ...)

By the way, who crossed the road first, the egg or the chicken ? One correct reply answers two questions really ...

pigboat
15th Aug 2001, 07:07
Egghead is something Mrs. Dumpty gives to Humpty.

Kaptin M
15th Aug 2001, 08:09
Penfolds is still available in Oz, Mr D. In fact, I just happen to have an unopened bottle of 1956 "Club Port" in my possession - would you consider IT sufficiently aged?

How does one determine if he/she is an alcoholic? Has anyone ever stopped drinking long enough to be able to seriously answer that question? Does anyone WANT to stop drinking long enough to be able to answer the question? What happens to alcoholics who are born in strict Muslim countries? And to kleptomaniacs born without hands?

gravity victim
15th Aug 2001, 16:53
The first man to eat an oyster must have been bloody hungry :eek: