I have all the funds so how do I start

?

D

stalling attitude
13th Apr 2004, 21:44
buy lots of lego and make some nice planes and some offices

Ozzy
13th Apr 2004, 21:57
First, ensure you have a place where you can distribute air via your airline. A garage forecourt is a good place, or bring your airline to a 711, DairyMart, or other corner shop or convenience store chain and stick your air box on the wall, attach your airline, and voila, yer in business.:ok: :E

Ozzy

LGS6753
13th Apr 2004, 22:04
What you need is help.
If you give me all your money I will help you.

stallwarning...stall
13th Apr 2004, 22:07
Hi Diabolus!

I think it depends on the country you like to start at, chartered or scheduled service, airport (base/destinations), aircraft(weight, passenger capacity,...), and so on. It is a interesting and complex topic which can't be explained in a few scentences. If you are really interested contact me with a privat message with some detailed information and I will figure out how I can help you.

so long,

stallwarning...stall

SawThe Light
13th Apr 2004, 22:08
Three easy steps.

Step 1: Pull out the phone directory

Step 2: Look up Psychiatric Services

Step 3: Call the nearest shrink

STL

Drap-air
13th Apr 2004, 22:15
it may be obvious, but lets face it, coming to a forum to ask advice on how to start an airline means u might be a few sandwiches short of a pic-nic, but, getting the use of an aircraft (thing that flies) is always a good start!! :E

Ozzy
13th Apr 2004, 22:24
Drap-air, is that out of the North East then?....A mystery indeed...:=

Ozzy

peb
13th Apr 2004, 22:31
Very easy. Lately air line ask for:

Type rating
A minimun of 500 hours on the type.
I have flow that type on the last 90 days
A minimum of 5000 hours total flight time
A minimum of 2000 PIC on jet aircraft over 45T
ETOPS Certificate
Must hold a valid JAA-ATPL licence
Must hold a valid Class 1 medical certificate
Maximum age 58 years
The right to work in the EU

So we can add to that to a few of them bring your own plane and to the others to put the office.

:ok:

Drap-air
13th Apr 2004, 22:31
North East Cardiff!

BahrainLad
13th Apr 2004, 22:32
Ah, someone who wishes to turn their large fortune into a small fortune.

©hris
13th Apr 2004, 22:33
1. You hire me to become your CEO.

2. I appoint the members of PPRuNe as the 'Board of Directors'.

3. We hire all low-timers. (ie. 1500hr Captains & 250hr F/O's)

4. Hire 18-25yr old Stewardesses

5. Lease some CRJ's and some B777's.

6. Undercut the competition

7. Declare Bankruptcy

8. Fire CEO

9. Give CEO Multi-Million $$ Severance Package

10. Hire New CEO

11. Come up with an ever dumber name than the original airline

12. Start Low Cost Carrier version of first airline, using new name.

13. See step 7.

SLFguy
14th Apr 2004, 13:30
Is it a buy-to-let Airline you're looking for?

airshowpilot
14th Apr 2004, 13:33
I want to start my own Airline...me too!

timmcat
14th Apr 2004, 13:35
Diabolus welcome to Jetblast.

You obviously have either..

a) absolutely no idea of what this forum is about..

or..

b) the exact opposite..

:}

Ozzy
14th Apr 2004, 13:41
Thought Herr Drapes had taken on a doppelganger name and was yanking our chain, but was mistaken. Sorry! Good luck with the air line.:ok:

Ozzy

G-ALAN
14th Apr 2004, 13:46
Hi my nam is Bobo and a am Nigeria from. If you give to me 10 persent of your muny and your bank accownt detals I will obtain for you a airline. We must work qwickly before my lawyar finds out. Hearing from you I look forward to,

Yours faithfulllly,
Bobo (Your long lost uncles bruther)

Aileron Roll
14th Apr 2004, 13:51
watch as many of those airport programmes on tv that you can, also check out the old aeroplane films

Diabolus
14th Apr 2004, 18:58
Thanks for the replies you are all a real help.

I thought I might like to start up a new low cost airline from the Shetland Isles to Grand Cayman by way of Moscow.

Now where did I leave my Airfix kit?

Just Diabolical
D

Tony Flynn
14th Apr 2004, 19:33
The guvnor could probably advise here, he's got the time and the experience..........

Drap-air
14th Apr 2004, 19:36
You will need a great amount of glue, watch your fingers!

Rich Lee
14th Apr 2004, 19:40
Ordinarly when you make glue, first you need to thermset your resin, and after it cools you mix in an epoxide which is really just a fancy, shmancy name for any simple oxygenated adhesive, right? Then I thought maybe, just maybe you could raise the viscosity by adding a complex glucose derivitive during the emulsification process and then the fingers would not be......oh, sorry.....wrong thread.

Ozzy
14th Apr 2004, 19:50
Now come on chaps, this was a serious thread!!!

Ozzy

Danny_R
15th Apr 2004, 01:42
Its interesting, because in my experience, nobody will even give you the time of day if you donít' have a plan and know exactly what you want to do, but yet its claimed finance is in place, these must be the most bazaar investors in the world, or your family have a lot of money and are willing to blow it on a none existant plan.

First things first, begin market research and decide what it is your going to start.

RealFish
15th Apr 2004, 10:22
Interesting all the same.

I seem to remember a TV news feature a couple of years ago about a husband and wife who owned / operated a one aircraft airline based at Hern.

The story was about the satifaction of their regular business customers and that they were about to upgrade their aircraft.

Who were they ?/ How are they doing ?

Foyl
15th Apr 2004, 12:13
You need to get as many ideas as you can from other airlines. Like this one, for example.

Skyhigh Airlines (http://www.skyhighairlines.com/main.asp)

Ozzy
15th Apr 2004, 12:17
What about a "Smoking Only" airline, would the passengers need to be part of a club or some such or could an airline just say they will allow smoking on board? A niche (and getting smaller) market, but would be different none the less.:bored:

Ozzy

Rugz
15th Apr 2004, 12:59
Well, if ya need a pilot without any real hours (thousands of the sim....microsoft of course :rolleyes: ) then I'm ya man...

...no...?

:( Oh well, worth a try :(

phnuff
15th Apr 2004, 16:02
Realfish, was that Suckling who used to do Luton to Amsterdam and who had their base at Cambridge International and the food was all handmade by Mrs Suckling. I have a vague memory of using them once, I think to Paris. Used a Dornier I think and I do know a few people who learned at Luton Flight Training got jobs wiv'em.

DIdn't they become Scotair or something?

Zulu
15th Apr 2004, 18:35
Starting is easy - anyone know how I can stop my old Airline?