PDA

View Full Version : InterCockpit

Farrell
13th Apr 2004, 14:29
Am thinking about using these guys after I finish my PPL.

Anyone used them before or know of any happy / horror stories???

Thanks

GCA104
27th Apr 2004, 19:37
Here I am!!! I've start in the first international course just a couple of month ago and .......is not bad !
They are still in a develop fase you cannot expect that everything is perfect but they are working hard on it (I hope :\ ) but the quality of the instructor is for sure above the average !!
The school also provide good opportunity to find a job after the course(mainly in Germany :{ but now they are working also for international contacts :ok: ).
Since not too much to complain about :} :}

Parkbremse
28th Apr 2004, 11:49
I have no first hand experience, but i would stay away from them. Their whole course is tailored to reduce costs, e.g. distance learning over regular ground school, flying DA20 and DA 40 in Croatia... but it costs considerably more (around 70.000€, not including housing etc... )than a regular integrated course at well-known german schools (e.g. RWL...) . Regarding the airline network, it's still questionable if it provides you with any advantage in job finding in Germany, and i doubt it very much that it's of any use outside Germany. After all, we all get the same license and it's only you that can get yourself a job, not the school.

Don't get me wrong, they may be a decent school, with good instructors, planes... but i personally think they're completly overpriced for what they offer.

GCA104
28th Apr 2004, 15:17
You are right that is very expensive !!
I would say we pay more for the name behind than for the real training but for sure they are not orientered to reduce costs !!!:ooh: the training in Croatia is because we can fly much more and without any atc limit and also about the plane they are all new and all with gps onboard :ok: plus they are gonna buy some new acrobatic plane :E :E !
And if this is not enought I suggest you to visit the web site of intercockpit and look at the news :cool:
here are some :
InterCockpit goes Niki | Eingetragen: 2004-04-14
After a successfull Interview 14 InterCockpit Students have signed their contract with Niki Laudas Airline "Niki". Yet the first 8 students started their Type Rating on Airbus A320 in Frankfurt.

Some of the guy that went to Niki have not done the MCC training Yet !!! they were just coming from the atp exam !

And about international contact in may I'm going with my coursemates in Bahraim to present ourself and the school to Gulf Air :ok:

I'm not payed by them :8 I REALLY think the school is good !!!
P.S. the distance learning is an invention of our BOSS (he think this way we get used to study in computer and after we get less problem studing for type rating !)
And if they really were "tailored to reduce costs" they wont pay instructor 500 € a day (plus accomodation and flight because they are not from Frankfurt )

Farrell
3rd May 2004, 06:40
Thanks for your replies folks.

Think I'll hang on for a bit and see how this all pans out.

Wayne;)