PDA

View Full Version : UK ISP Onetel

BOAC
13th Apr 2004, 13:19
Unable to access today - anyone any news?

DeepC
13th Apr 2004, 14:38
Same here. No ideas why. Their service has been intermittent recently with it losing connections to the mail server halfway through a download of emails.

Switched to Pipex now but still using my old spam infested onetel account to watch out for important addresses I have not yet notified of m change of address.

DeepC

BOAC
13th Apr 2004, 20:16
Seems as if it has collapsed or is doing so in Aus, and this may be the problem with the .uk?

Well, as of 2133(A) it is back, emails coming, but not a whisper of problems!!

spekesoftly
13th Apr 2004, 20:42
No problems connecting to the internet via Onetel dial-up tonight, but I've read elsewhere that there was an outage earlier today.

Keef
14th Apr 2004, 00:52
I couldn't get into my Onetel mailbox till just before midnight, so it's obviously a gradual process.

onehunga
14th Apr 2004, 08:26
Am pretty sure that the Aus and UK businesses have been under separate ownership for some years now and the financial problems were put behind them when Centrica brought the latter.

spekesoftly
14th Apr 2004, 08:48
Quote from Onetel's 'Network Status' page:-

Narrowband Status
8.30am Wednesday 14th April:

"We apologise for the problems that you may have been experiencing with your email and internet access. These issues have now been resolved by our engineers.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for any difficulties this may have caused you."

Edited later to add:-

Narrowband Status
12.30pm Wednesday 14th April:

"Yesterday you may have experienced some problems with our dial up internet service.
This came about due to a network related issue that is still under investigation by our engineers. In the meantime, we have made progress in resolving most of these issues.

Unfortunately, some of you may still be experiencing an intermittent email service. We can assure you that our engineers are continuing to work on this problem to bring about its resolution.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience that these issues may have caused and thank you for your patience at this time."