PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for prune upgrades

Onan the Clumsy
13th Apr 2004, 13:45
Have you seen the message that appears after you make a post? The one that says "Thank you for posting"?

Well if prune was upgraded to a new version some intelligence could be added to that bit. A quick scan of the posting could provide a selection from a series of messages, with alternatives such as

"Why did you bother? :confused:"

"You didn't respond at all to his question."

"What a waste of time."

"Another one Tony? :rolleyes:"

"Message received. Automatically sending PM to Anthony Carn to elicit a humorous response :}"

"Not you again? :ugh:"

"Don't say that about a moderator. Post automatically deleted. :*"

"Jerricho, you really shouldn't talk about your mother in law like that."

"We had that link about two weeks ago :zzz:"

"Excellent post Onan. Well thought out, consise and completely discrediting the previous poster's thinly veiled mish-mash of half baked 'ideas'. :ok:"

Jerricho
13th Apr 2004, 15:30
I don't need that.I have Mrs J standing over my shoulder saying those sorts of things

"You're not post that crap?!"

"What the hell are you on about!"

"This is what you've spent all day doing!!!!"

"That Onan sounds like he knows what he talking about" (When she's had one too many to drink :p )

airship
13th Apr 2004, 16:05
'ow 'bout a faster server then?! :O

Loki
13th Apr 2004, 20:20
Spell checker would be nice. There is a famous Prooner from the North East of England who always elicits a grin with his posts, but also causes multiple wincing with the spelling.

Hansard
13th Apr 2004, 21:42
A personality profile for each poster would be nice

"Vitriolic old git"

"Self-righteous, patronising old bag who is NEVER wrong"

"Reasonable, measured, sensible, perhaps a bit academic"

"Imposter - PPL posing as B747 Captain"

"Uncouth, uneducated, unwashed, loudmouth"

"Captain Geeky, Flightsim Airways"

etc.

LGS6753
13th Apr 2004, 21:45
Hansard -

How did you get my personality profile so right - I haven't even filled in one of your form thingys....

Hansard
13th Apr 2004, 21:52
LGS6753

It's a new feature on trial at the moment. Every time you post we extract key words and expressions of emotion (amongst other things) to create the profile!!! No need for any form-filling!!

LGS6753
13th Apr 2004, 22:01
Hansard -

Well, I'm gobsmacked.

(Gobsmacked key word links - mouthy, violent, uneducated. But correct punctuation implies intellect and the fact that I'm posting a response implies sense of humour (?), empty life, poor sad bastard in front of PC rather than playing Bridge, saving the world, wooing wife, etc.)

Whew.:ok: :ok:

Buster Hyman
14th Apr 2004, 03:50
"Spelling errors in post exceed maximum of 10% limit. Virus now being downloaded. Have a nice d#@%&[email protected]#$%^&*("

Jerricho
14th Apr 2004, 04:59
How about

"You're seem to be too p*ssed to reply to this topic.........."

Aileron Roll
14th Apr 2004, 13:53
how about a list of all pubs willing to give a serious discount to ppruners

spekesoftly
14th Apr 2004, 14:28
how about a list of all pubs willing to give a serious discount to ppruners

Including the acceptance of credit cards! ;)

Jerricho
14th Apr 2004, 15:32
Just make sure they don't add extra items to the bill like drinks, desserts (or a couple of palm trees, hey Ozzy ;) )