PDA

View Full Version : getting onto the site

brownstar
12th Apr 2004, 19:40
has anyone else been having difficulty getting onto the pprune site. I have been trying on and off for about 3 days and this is the first time i have managed to get on.

Has this affested anyone else?

hostie
12th Apr 2004, 20:55
Yes I've had problems with not being 'cookied' and being misdirected after entering my details

Navy_Adversary
12th Apr 2004, 21:41
For quite some time now pprune has not been saving my password. I have no trouble with my passwords being saved by many other sites.
On my edit options section I have ticked auto-login-yes,browse board with cookies-yes.
I don't know where the problem lies.
Rgds:confused:

Naples Air Center, Inc.
12th Apr 2004, 23:15
Navy_Adversary,

That is by design. That way people traveling can log in at a public terminal will not have their username and password permanently logged in, should they forget to log out.

Take Care,

Richard

amanoffewwords
13th Apr 2004, 11:04
I had problem getting back on this morning - after logging on it was returning a 404 - unable to locate www.pprune.org/member.php (could have been members.php).

It's obviously ok now.

amofw

nb. I think the cookie thing was done to minimise the number of ppruners forgetting their password.

Danny
13th Apr 2004, 13:36
...after logging on it was returning a 404 - unable to locate www.pprune.org/member.php (could have been members.php).

Sorry, that was my fault. Shouldhave in fact been www.pprune.org/forums/member.php :\

That's what happens when you tinker under the bonnet and then find you have a bolt or a screw left over after reassembling it all.:ugh:

ExSimGuy
13th Apr 2004, 14:38
Hey! Isn't that normal? (maybe that's why they only let me play with Sims) ;)

Navy_Adversary
13th Apr 2004, 17:53
Richard
Thanks for that, tonight I came on the site and it had remembered my password and I was already logged in, don't we just love computers!
Rgds

amanoffewwords
13th Apr 2004, 18:13
The cookie set by pprune is on a time limit - around 3 days I think so it will "remember" your password for a wee while before prompting you again - previous thread about that here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116430)