PDA

View Full Version : Difficult walkaround

ehwatezedoing
27th Nov 2001, 23:34
walkaround (http://www.aviationhumour.co.uk/aviation/walkaround.htm)

Are they waiting for The Guvnor ? ;)

dingducky
27th Nov 2001, 23:57
oh yes the reason why the captain makes the first officer do the preflight walkaround
seen it before :)

brockenspectre
28th Nov 2001, 00:07
What a MARVELLOUS picture!! OMG .... I am assuming these aren't trained lions and this is a genuine pic? Aren't critters such opportunists!!

Thank you for sharing it!!

:D

RW-1
28th Nov 2001, 01:06
I don't know where, but I saw a shot of a heli, a Bell 47 on floats, that was attacked by a gator, it wanted to play with it, and subsequently caused it to roll over into the water .....

This photo was not faked, the animals were real. :)

redsnail
28th Nov 2001, 02:36
In the Kimberley region of Western Australia, a float plane owned by "Alligator Airways" was attacked by a 15' saltwater croc. Seems it didn't like the invasion of the alligator. It ripped the float and nearly sunk the aircraft. I believe this occured around late '93.
Croc got the nickname "Croc with attitude"
Although, that nick was appropriate for all the bloody salties up there! :eek:

Waloo
28th Nov 2001, 19:09
Sometime, you don't need big animals to get in trouble.

Couple of years ago a friend closed his glider canopy before a flight, with a wasp inside.
He released the tow cable pretty quickly and did a funny landing :D

pigboat
29th Nov 2001, 07:25
On the G1, the relief vent for the manual pressurization controller is a little venturi shaped hole below the right hand cockpit window. On the walkaround, you're supposed to stick your little finger in there or check with a flashlight, for blockage. Watched a guy stick his finger in the hole once, only to pull it back out and scream bloody murder. A mud dauber wasp had begun to make her nest in the hole, and was at home. :eek: