PDA

View Full Version : New youth uniform

Bo Nalls
12th Apr 2004, 18:25
Rant on :}

What is it about young male Brits and their need to wear football club shirts. Everywhere I turn all I see is the under 40's wearing the colours of their favourite team. Do they not have anything else to wear? Even the freed British hostage in Iraq, Gary Teeley, was on tonights BBC news wearing a football shirt. For Gods sake, can they not restrict their usage to match days and on the other 6 days wear something a little smarter.

Rant off :*

Onan the Clumsy
12th Apr 2004, 18:28
...like a nice cricket sweater?

Bo Nalls
12th Apr 2004, 18:32
I cannot remember the last time I saw anyone in the High Street wearing a cricket sweater. It would make a nice change from seeing yet another Man U/Liverpool/Arsenel etc shirt.

Lon More
12th Apr 2004, 18:48
And while they are at it would the English "supporters" please refrain from using the Union Flag at their riots

Loki
12th Apr 2004, 19:16
Very odd this need to display some tribal identity. I myself make point of not wearing anything which might be identified with a national/commercial/ sporting entity. However, in doing so, I have, on several occasions, been asked if I was policeman in plain clothes.

Davaar
12th Apr 2004, 20:24
You are not alone, Loki. During one of the Montreal riots in the 60s a youngish presbyterian minister I knew disguised himself craftily as a student protester and mingled with the crowd. The idea was to share their pain, find out what they were thinking, etc. One of the leaders greeted him: "Everything cool, Boss?" "What do you mean?", he replied wittily. "Well, you are the Fuzz aren't you".

Bletchley
12th Apr 2004, 20:26
Bo Nalls

Makes a change from shellsuits and black (Kevin Keegan style)permed hair don't you think!:D

avoman
12th Apr 2004, 21:13
Bo Nalls, they do it for your amusement! Certainly for mine. Each time I see someone wearing a ghastly lurid oversized footie shirt I laugh inwardly at the stupidity of the masses. Forty quid for something made of unpleasant slimy material that cost a couple of quid to make! 'I really am an idiot' is the message on the back of every one!

2 sheds
12th Apr 2004, 22:01
Agree entirely. Why do I find myself irritated by the very sight of people wearing this garb? Apart from wondering at the intelligence of someone who would pay that sort of money just to appear like a slob and to advertise himself as a moron, do they have such little self-respect that they have to plaster some other idiot's name all over their back? Most regrettable are the fathers who think that this is an appropriate example to set to their offspring.
For "Beckham" or "Ferdinand" on the back, read "D1ckhead"!

flyblue
12th Apr 2004, 23:21
Well, at least you can recognise them instantly, can't you? :E

Jerricho
13th Apr 2004, 00:00
Wow. Next I guess you'll be ranting and raving about people in baseball caps!? :}

Slow-Rider
13th Apr 2004, 00:26
I dislike people that walk like they've been shot for no good reason, except to impress people (????)

Jerricho
13th Apr 2004, 00:29
Some of attempts at fashion you see walking down Oxford Street definately are a reason to shoot somebody!

ShyTorque
13th Apr 2004, 01:36
Just don't get me going, right?

50 to son number 3 for clothes. He comes back with a pair of baggy jeans that make him look like his ar$e is hanging off and a woolly hat that looks like a bag lady's.

Cool, Dad, eh?. Change from 50? Wot change?

Kids.

reynoldsno1
13th Apr 2004, 01:53
You are witnessing the telescoping of the generations - Grandad, dad & boy all wearing the same clothes, listening to the same music and getting ratfaced together - 'tis the end of civilization as we know it.
r1jr wears tight jeans, but cut so low so that her satin boxer shorts show ... I have resisted adopting the same apparel, and I think she is happy that I maintain the generation gap - apparently I embarass her enough as it is, mainly due to my lack of self-consciousness.
Eggjelly, I might try a pair of those boxers and try pulling my trousers down a bit - that should really get her going...:E

ShyTorque
13th Apr 2004, 01:59
R1,

Satin boxer shorts? Are you male or female? If you're a man I'm not surprised your daughter's worried. You've got me worried!

Anyway, wanna swap a son for your daughter? He's got a new hat and jeans...Sorry, no, of course not, should never have asked really.... ;)