PDA

View Full Version : How to disable Network Logon

roach
12th Apr 2004, 12:30
I know it can't be that difficult as I remember doing it before. I have forgotton how to stop the computer asking for my network logon password. I have given up trying to network two computers and now want to stop this log on window...with my old system it just slows down the boot-up and I forget to come back to it and find the computer waiting here for the logon password ( I don't want to cancel...just to get rid of this completely ).
Thank in advance.

fobotcso
12th Apr 2004, 13:21
Wots yer OS?

Since NT, and therefore in Windows 2000 and Windows XP it has been possible to set up "AutoAdminLogon" if there is to be a default user. Since they beefed up security in XP it has been necessary to do a Registry edit.

Do a Google on AutoAdminLogon. That'll get you the link to the Microsoft Knowledge Base document to tell you how to do the business.

If no luck, I'll find it for you. fobs

roach
12th Apr 2004, 16:46
Should have added W98se, 300mhz,P11

PretoriaSillyperson
12th Apr 2004, 16:56
If you have Netware as a protocol then delete it - you'll just get the normal sign-in after that. Comes under Client Services for Netware.

PSP

Saab Dastard
12th Apr 2004, 17:02
Roach,

Right click on Network Neighbourhood, in the drop-down list for Primary Network Logon, choose Windows Logon rather than Client for Windows Networking.

I think that's what you're after.

SD

fobotcso
12th Apr 2004, 17:35
You won't get this is you don't have a Network Card installed. If there is one you are expected to want to log onto the Network.

If it's a laptop with a PCMCIA card the solution is simple. Take out the card. If it's built in, or a PC with a PCI card, it's not so simple. Try the Windows Logon trick suggested by SD

Naples Air Center, Inc.
12th Apr 2004, 18:22
roach,

If you want to keep the logon in place, you can use TweakUI to auto log you in each time.

Take Care,

Richard

roach
12th Apr 2004, 21:08
Thank you all for the suggestions.
It is now sorted.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
12th Apr 2004, 23:10
roach,

That is great news. :ok:

Take Care,

Richard