PDA

View Full Version : 3 Japs to burn - OK! 1 Halliburton exec - Cease Fire!

Kaptin M
12th Apr 2004, 11:52
Has the Bush-Cheney influence REALLY reached these depths of depravity.

The lives of THREE Japanese (death by immolation - FIRE) was considered a "non-negotiable" by "coalition"...let the war continue.

But now that an American, who is a high profiler in Cheney's Halliburton, has become a "bargaining tool" - a ceasfire has miraculously been declared by the Americans.
Slippry-er than an oiled snake, Bush is trying to wriggle his way out of a situation that he FORCEFULLY - and [b]against the will of the United Nations Assembly - imposed on Iraq, the US military, and the American taxpayers.

Ozzy
12th Apr 2004, 11:57
The lives of THREE Japanese (death by immolation - FIRE) was considered a "non-negotiable" by "coalition" Actually, the Japanese government refused to deal with the terrorists.

EoT. (End of Thread)

Ozzy

Kaptin M
12th Apr 2004, 12:08
LoS (Load of Sh!#), Ozzy...as usual, the Japanese couldn't make a decision, and hanging off the apron strings of the Yanks, they decided to take the usual way out - INdecision.

Remember, the Japanese are precluded from taking any form of aggressive action (under the treatises of WWii). They have only a "Self Defence Force" (JSDF).
Koizumi had NO choice in the matter - in internaional matters, the Japanese are generally "herded" by the US.

Ozzy
12th Apr 2004, 12:14
Fact. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3613209.stm)

Ozzy

Kaptin M
12th Apr 2004, 12:33
Thanks Ozzy - your link acts only to RE-INFORCE my assertion that the Japanese are incapable of deciding what to do for themselves.
The headlines from your link add weight to my argument:-
Japan turmoil over Iraq hostages

Followed by the story, which included the following:-
Mr Koizumi said: "We should not give in to these despicable threats..."

In Japan, "should" is taken to mean PRECISELY that....should (vs must).

In Western culture, "should" is usually taken as "must".

In Japan, "should" is used as an option, eg. "Perhaps we SHOULD/maybe we SHOULD'NT".

Japan was "colonialised" by the US, at the end of WW2 - one needs only check out the number of US bases there to verify this - and thus acts (in military matters) according to US dictates.

Ozzy
12th Apr 2004, 12:45
"We must not yield to terrorists' foul threats" (http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1085083.htm) That enough for you!

Ozzy

Boy_From_Brazil
12th Apr 2004, 12:49
Does anyone have a link regarding the Halliburton hostage?

Thanks
BFB

tony draper
12th Apr 2004, 12:53
Post war Japan was not colonised by America, post war Japan was created by America, and I notice that Japan seems to have done quite well since.

Huck
12th Apr 2004, 14:14
a high profiler in Cheney's Halliburton

You talking about the convoy security guard from right up the road here in Macon, Mississippi?

You'll hurt yourself with a stretch like that!

Kaptin M
12th Apr 2004, 14:30
Surprise, surprise - no surprise!!

From CNN:-
Iraq hostages: Cheney backs Japan
Monday, April 12, 2004 Posted: 10:00 AM EDT (1400 GMT)
3 Japanese abducted Thursday; deadline has come and gone; contradictory reports on progress

TOKYO, Japan (CNN) -- U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney has praised Japan's prime minister for resisting pressure to pull his country's troops from Iraq despite the kidnapping of three civilians there.

Cheney was speaking on Monday after meeting Junichiro Koizumi in Tokyo in a session overshadowed by violence and the holding of foreign hostages in Iraq, including the three Japanese, seven Chinese, two Arabs and one American.

He added that Washington had "consulted closely with the prime minister and his government to make sure we do everything we can to be of assistance."

Amazing, isn't it, that all of a sudden Dick Cheney is praising Japan's Prime Minister!!
Why isn't it George W. Bush??

Would Halliburtion just happen to have anything to do with it? :uhoh:

Ralph the Bong
12th Apr 2004, 14:32
The Haliburton exc. should realize that sacifices MUST be made in order to restore democracy in Iraq...If his family is rich, then they will understand.

steamchicken
12th Apr 2004, 15:32
In order to keep the PPRuNe Anti-War Marching Society from making a fool of itself in front of the gun clubbers, I think we should point out that he was a LORRY DRIVER who was there because he had to sell his dairy farm to pay debts - I don't think demonising him as some kind of rag'ead-slotting oil boss helps, do you?

Caslance
12th Apr 2004, 16:46
The New York Post Online says that he was kidnapped by gunmen who attacked a fuel convoy he was guarding. Their words, not mine, so I can't vouch for accuracy.

If true, this implies that he was engaged in some form of security work rather than working in Iraq as a truck driver.

Still doesn't make it right or acceptable, though.

Has anyone actually said that this poor fellow is a "rag'ead-slotting oil boss" - apart from steamchicken, of course?

Rich Lee
12th Apr 2004, 17:20
Kaptain M.

My good man....buck up! Your country, nay the world, needs you to stand firm. Out of curiosity, are you British by birth, Sir?

Wino
12th Apr 2004, 17:25
Also, there had been an attempt at a cease fire earlier in the week that had been interrupted by the ambush of some Marines.

But don't let those facts get in the way of a little good old fashioned conspiracy theory yank bashing... :* :yuk:

Cheers
Wino

Buster Hyman
13th Apr 2004, 11:36
Rich Lee.

I don't think he's British by birth, but you should recognise that flag as the one that cannot be flown in Florida!

;)

Paterbrat
13th Apr 2004, 12:00
Alas our good kaptain is just another extremist silver spoon stirring professional who would rant about his cornflakes if he was short of something to be indignant about.

maximus
13th Apr 2004, 13:51
I have known the good Kaptin M for for over 30 Years (although he has no idea who I am) and i can tell you he is not some silver spoon stirring professional. I have not agreed with some of his opinions regarding a certain year in Australian aviation but when it comes to Japan and their Psychie (sp) he would know more than all of you owner operators put together. He has lived and worked in Japan for a lot of years (even married one) so stop talking thru your collective [email protected]

Binoculars
13th Apr 2004, 13:55
You didn't do yourself any favours with that post, Paterbrat.

KM knows of what he speaks re Japan (though the lovely Mrs KM is not Japanese).

Perhaps it would be better to stick to facts.

maximus
13th Apr 2004, 14:13
Binos , Mrs. KM not Japanese, my mistake. I have not met her and only assumed. I retreat humbly and offer my apologies.

Binoculars
13th Apr 2004, 14:28
No need to apologise to me, my friend. I agree with what you said.

Paterbrat
13th Apr 2004, 16:11
Dear dear Binos rattled your cage now did I. The stirring anti-US sentiments were the subject of my comment, not the good Kaptin's qualifications in understanding the Japanese, amongst whom he has resided so long that he obviously qualifies for an honorary kimono. He was stirring and so was awarded the silver spoon...oops no favours again!!! Oh dearie me what shall I do.
The fact is that the Iraqi's, gentle souls that they are, will grab anybody to hand. They are not on the whole a particularly nice bunch, never have been, probably never will be. Saddam didn't torture kill and rape a whole country all on his lonesome, he had help, lots and lots of it.
A start was made in that location and oil, Haliburton, Bush Cheyne and old Macdonald and all his farmyard were as much bystanders and incidental to the big picture as the rest of us. A geopolitical decision was made, and the results are messy. Had it not been made then there, it might just have been a little messier a little way down the road somewhere else. The world is an unstable place with a lot of serious attitude running around, nowadays, particularly with the nutter brigade and their desire to rush off and explore the afterlife coupled with the technology to make a LARGE personal statement before going. There is going to be some quite sanguine disagreements, and the powers that are at the top of the heap right now, have, like Joe Fred and Cora down the road, simply said lets do this somewhere else other than on my front lawn. Quite reprehensible and entirely human, but following a pattern we may well hold true to till the big bang that tells us we screwed up bigtime and should have concentrated on remaining simple like the dinosours... oh but they died out as well... the Martians maybe?