PDA

View Full Version : CX second interview

apollon
12th Apr 2004, 02:28
Just wandering if anyone had a second interview in H.K. lately.
I have mine coming up in a few weeks and trying to get all the information I can gather.

Thanx.

channis
30th Apr 2004, 10:57
Hey all,

WOW! This is my first post! how you all going?

I got invited for a 1st stage interview with CX at the end of this month and just like to know if anyone is joining me for such exciting time!

NelsonLee
30th Apr 2004, 17:06
How long did you wait for the interview? When did you handed in your resume?

Thanks,
Nelson

jet4hire
30th Apr 2004, 17:47
I just had my first, and wondering how long did they took to call you for the second one??

Any info would be appreciated!

Did they phone you?

Cheers:O

kinex
30th Apr 2004, 19:44
Congradulations!!
I'm sure you will do well Channis!!

channis
1st May 2004, 08:09
I waited for a month after cx received my application.

MinimaNoContact
1st May 2004, 08:16
Channis,
Just wondering if you could give us a break down of your hrs when you first got called to stage 1.
Cheers

apollon
4th May 2004, 22:11
Dear Jet4hire,

I had the 1st one in late February and I got called 9 days later
for the second one.
Its coming up in mid May...

Touching The Void
12th May 2004, 23:24
I have a second interview coming up in Hong Kong in July and believe that the sim assessment is flown in a -200. Does anyone out there know where I might blag a cheap -200 slot in the UK? And if anyone else is going out at a similar time would you be interested in sharing a slot.

If I get this job with CX I won't need to worry about sharing cheap slots - I'll be able to afford my own.

TTV

wakehead
13th May 2004, 15:57
Touching the void check your PM.

Sqwak7700
14th May 2004, 16:43
Hello all. I got called for the second interview 10 days after my first. They told me to expect to go to HK in the 2nd week of August.

Has anyone going to the second phase received a package from Cathay? How long did it take you to receive it? Just wondering if I have to call them for it or what.

Anyone going to HK at the same time?

:O :O :O

policepilot
25th May 2004, 11:11
Having done the CX 2nd interview, I can say that you will see your a**e on the sim ride if you have no heavy experiance. It doesn't have to be a 747-200. There are L1011's, etc out there (eg Bournemouth) where you can try flying anologue display ac and get used to heavy's. I was informed in advance from collegues who pole 747's that they're easy to fly. Well I guess they are when you're shown how.
Get used to inertia, momentum, climbing at 250knts, etc, and if you don't close the throttle you will never slow down.
Also know why they use EPR readouts over the N1 power setting. If you crack the nod for a 2nd interview, get some sim time, or you're wasting your time in HK. Only takes a few hours on the sim and it should make a world of difference.

Maxpowerhome
29th May 2004, 15:30
police pilot,

greetings,

are the epr guages on the sim the tape type or the round guages?
Also, what questions in stage 2 were you asked,

whats duch roll, variable incidence tailplanes etc!!!!!or did they ask alot of non tech stuff as well, why do you want to live HK!!

thanks alot:ok:

policepilot
29th May 2004, 20:00
Hi MPH

EPR gauges were the round type.
Asked about FANS (not the round spinning ones), dynamic aileron (Airbus), what can Cathay offer me, why does the 747 use EPR read outs as opposed to N1 readouts.
Getting up to speed within the industry might be a good idea, ie: read through last few copies of Flight Int'l.
Also engine thrust on various ac within the fleet. Not difficult if you've done your homework. Oh yeah, also basic questions on the ac you fly frequently, so if it's a light twin then know the hydraulics for the flaps, gear etc. List is endless.
I went in with 1200 hrs TT and just over 200 on twins, in hindsight perhaps I should have waited until I had more. However, the experience was great and boosted my confidence. I had 3 airline interviews in 2 months, CX being the 1st, got the job with the 3rd one. Good luck.

Maxpowerhome
1st Jun 2004, 02:42
thanks for your help:O :ok:

Hachiouji-shi
1st Jun 2004, 06:09
Policepilot,

please check your PMs

thanks

NdekePilot
1st Jun 2004, 23:15
Hi Wakehead!
If possible could you please let me know where I could find a 747 200 or similar ( L10 11 ) sim in the UK, ie tel. numbers etc?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
NP.:ok:

policepilot
3rd Jun 2004, 12:19
NdekePilot
Ja boet, plench sims in the UK. I used a L1011 based in Bournemouth. Also mfazis waiting in town.

Touching The Void
8th Jun 2004, 13:23
I have just been called forward for a second interview in Hong Kong for the 5-9 July for a First Officer (Freighter - Europe) post and because the job is not Hong Kong based CX will not pay for my wife to travel out with me. This contradicts information that has been written on other threads.

Now Supreme Domestic Command is not too happy about this as she was looking forward to a few days shopping - I don't mind personally and my bank manager is certainly pleased about the current situation.

In the meantime is there anyone else out there who is going out at a similar time from the UK who wants to share a sim slot, or share some info about the interview, or simply share a beer or two on the flight?

TTV

shadow2
8th Jun 2004, 16:44
Touching The Void

When did you do your Initial interview, If I may ask.
Cheers

Touching The Void
9th Jun 2004, 20:57
shadow2

My first interview was in London in mid-March

TTV

shadow2
11th Jun 2004, 22:34
Thank you, Touching The Void.
Cheers

DeltaT
30th Jun 2004, 04:34
PolicePilot, how long ago was your interview?

twang2004
24th Jul 2004, 20:34
awesoem pms i am wondering if you have any more tech type q's that you can remember them asking you i would really appreciate it.

Where and what is that Flight Int\'l and how can i get my hands on one of those
Thanks,
Twang

policepilot
26th Jul 2004, 19:28
Delta T... Check your PMs

pilotimad
27th Jul 2004, 22:33
Hey guys! first time posting but have received tons of knowledge here.
I would appreciate some info. from any of you guys who did there 2nd interview recently regarding the interview in HKG. Will be there in 2nd week of sept. I have already read all the threads.
Cheers. Thanks in advance