PDA

View Full Version : Your Ignore List...

Ozzy
11th Apr 2004, 21:53
Right, I have two characters on mine, that you can probably guess. How many on yours?

Ozzy

mattpilot
11th Apr 2004, 21:55
say again?

:}

chiglet
11th Apr 2004, 23:44
97, and YOU are top of the list....I think:confused:
watp,iktch

ratsarrse
12th Apr 2004, 00:33
Just one on my Sh!tlist...Never thought I would use it, but I found one regular poster who contributes regularly to the more political or current affairs threads round here that irritated me on an almost daily basis. I would be otherwise enjoying the cut and thrust of the argument, when Prooner X would jump in and launch into his particular hobbyhorse - regardless of the subject at hand. No doubt he is still doing so, but I wouldn't know...;)

Ignorance is bliss.

VFE
12th Apr 2004, 00:58
Never even thought about putting people on ignore. Gotta be the best example of ignorance and arrogance going on the internet........ not to mention a major indicator that tollerance levels have hit an all time low in any individual who uses that option.

:}

VFE.

timmcat
12th Apr 2004, 10:31
Agree VFE.. I would only do it if I tired of personal attacks on myself. Has never happened however.

flower
12th Apr 2004, 10:36
I did once have someone on my ignore list but realised that was a bit daft as the reason i had put him on ignore was because he attacked me. Not knowing if he was making further attacks on myself and one other I felt it was better to keep a low profile and check intermittently.
I choose to ignore certain posts and posters in that I skim over their posts in the same way as in real life i choose to have selective deafness when certain people speak to me.

tobzalp
12th Apr 2004, 10:43
Huh? A blank thread with zero responses?

Tinstaafl
12th Apr 2004, 11:43
Bwah ha ha ha, Tobzalp! :p

BillHicksRules
12th Apr 2004, 13:01
Ozzy,

Who is the other unlucky sod on your ignore list?

:( :confused: :( :confused:

Cheers

BHR

ps. did you get my PM?

answer=42
12th Apr 2004, 20:51
As a matter of principle, I do not put anyone on my ignore list.

While there are many ppruners whose views I disagree with, there are a few whom I find offensive. I want to know how they think - forewarned is forearmed.

Dead_Heading
12th Apr 2004, 20:56
Because paranoia is merely heightened sanity, I want to KNOW when anyone is plotting against me, not ignore them.

There is someone behind me-who is it.?..:suspect:

Send Clowns
12th Apr 2004, 21:00
I'm on my own ignore list. Makes everything very confusing :E

answer=42
12th Apr 2004, 21:02
DH

I'm not convinced that 'paranoia is heightened sanity' but I do believe that some people are pathologically well-adjusted. These people can adjust to any external situation, no matter how crazy.

Jerricho
12th Apr 2004, 22:10
Huh? A blank thread with zero responses?

I've been ignoring you for the past 30 years. No need to start here!!! :p

QNIM
13th Apr 2004, 11:12
Gday
I don't use the ignore list but there are a couple of fwits that are making me think twice, because they don't agree with my posts ( which are informed and logical ;) ) and they use very rude and insulting posts, I think it's very naughty.
Cheers Q :O

Aileron Roll
13th Apr 2004, 11:19
none, but will try and think of some

spork
13th Apr 2004, 11:53
The extreme posters that get attracted to threads such as “Take over............?” and “How the USA won the Battle of Britain” are the ones that I’d be tempted to put on a list, but then you need to know these fools exist surely? I usually ignore the thread once they get their feet under the table, because they always ruin quality threads with their inane rantings. Their knowledge of the topic is invariably shallow but their jingoistic determination runs deep.

Paterbrat
13th Apr 2004, 16:20
Hmmm yes an overenthusiastic use of said device could lead to one thinking that a thread sounded interesting but having very little to read on it.