PDA

View Full Version : PPRuner to be Keeper of the Privy Purse

tilii
26th Nov 2001, 22:47
On BBC news tonight it was disclosed that the Palace has advertised the position of Keeper of the Privy Purse in the broadsheet press.

Sources close to Her Majesty have revealed, however, that the post has already been filled by verbose PPRuNer, The Guvnor.

The Queen is reported to have said that the Royal Corgis were tasked with keeping a watchful eye on the famous aviation website and have barked that The Guvnor has “woof … astonishing acumen” and “grrrr … unrivalled knowledge on all subjects”.

“We are delighted to place the Royal Squillions in such talented hands”, said the Queen. “We have placed only one caveat on The Guvnor’s appointment. We will think him very naughty if he invests our quids in obsolete foreign aircraft in order to start up an airline in that cold place up North. We insist that he invest only in English thingys.”

The Guvnor is apparently to be ably assisted by a fellow PPRuNer whose name is not yet released. Sources close to The Guv have hinted that the assistant will be a cigar-smoking dude described as “monstrous though quite huggable”. ;)

The Guvnor
26th Nov 2001, 22:58
Good grief tilii, have you got my house bugged or something? Only just sent my CV off to Messrs Odgers Ray & Berndtson (that last chappie doesn't sound very English!) :D :eek:

Not too sure how the Royal Corgis will react to my own dog, BeCA. She's a Belgian shepherd, doesn't listen to anything I say, and frequently bites the hand that feeds her. :( :mad:

One would, of course, wish to abide by one's Sovereign's commandments; regrettably though the last long haul(ish) aircraft wholly built in the UK was, of course, the venerable VC10. :o

Still, the L1011s are powered by Derby's finest donks! ;)

747FOCAL
27th Nov 2001, 00:31
?

HugMonster
27th Nov 2001, 03:22
tilii, the nearest I ever got to a public appointment was flying HM's rather pissed sister around the Caribbean!

tony draper
27th Nov 2001, 03:32
She's looking pretty wreched now Mr M, let that be a warning to you lot, flinging it down your neck is fine when your young, but it is vital you go on the waggon when you reach hmmm say thirty five. :eek:

gravity victim
27th Nov 2001, 03:39
TD,
Didn't she go out with that landscape gardening chappie Roddy Llewellyn? Or he may have been an actor, 'cos I believe he had a small part in Charlie's Aunt :D

tony draper
27th Nov 2001, 03:48
Don't think our Margaret was the type to settle for anyone with a small part. ;)

ARRGGHH, Draper is getting slow, I was posting the above before I got that Mr V. ;)

[ 26 November 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

brockenspectre
27th Nov 2001, 04:13
Draper...kind sir...honorable senior poster on PPRuNE ... may I respectfully request that the age at which the wagon should be boarded is raised from 35 to something higher? Otherwise...there is no hope for me!

Dutifully yours

Brockenspectre :D

tony draper
27th Nov 2001, 04:20
Draper went on the waggon earlier in life than that actually, and is still alive and kicking, unlike most of his then drinking buddies, Draper is the only survivor of the little corner table in the club, where the interllectuals sat.
When I think of all the times that religion and the possibility of a after life was discussed in that corner, well them poor ******s know for sure now. ;)

[ 27 November 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

tilii
27th Nov 2001, 17:05
Poor old Draper. Seems the penny still hasn't dropped. Going on the wagon early has undoubtedly left him sober, alive ... and sitting alone at that club table about which he fondly reminisces.

The lesson for the rest of us is surely that it is better to drink up, be merry (not gay), and enjoy quality rather than quantity of life. :D ;)

tony draper
27th Nov 2001, 17:27
Well, there something to be said for a short life and a merry one, and as there are now six billion of us talking monkeys swarming over this sad globe, you could indeed be doing a favour to the race in evolutionary terms.
To qualify for a the good human evolutionary award, you must endeaver to pop your clogs before producing or taking part in the production of, any offspring. ;)
ps,on second thoughts that wouldn't make your short life very merry. :(
:(

[ 27 November 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]