PDA

View Full Version : Are Mondays secretly feared?

G-ALAN
11th Apr 2004, 13:28
Well are they? Do you sit there on Sunday dreading going back to work for another week? Back to the system for another 5 days before you can relax again. Waking up at 6am and heading off into the rush hour traffic, back to the office where that stupid to$$er of a boss will breathe down your neck for the next 5 days. Or do you wake up at 6am and say "Yes! another Monday and another day in my wonderful life! I'm desperate to start another productive week! Infact I'm going to leave an hour early and stay on an hour extra tonight!" :}

Danny
11th Apr 2004, 13:43
Unfortunately, most airline pilots and many others who work in the industry have very little concept of a 'weekend' and therefore don't fear, secretly or otherwise, Mondays. Those that are fortunate enough to have 'weekends' off are most likely to be very happy to go back to work as they tend to enjoy their jobs.

If anyone else fears Mondays then perhaps they should consider a career or job change to one where they are as fortunate as airline pilots and still have to pinch themselves occasionally because they are getting paid to for what to many is still an extension of a hobby. :cool:

Unless you fly for easyJet... I think? :sad:

Onan the Clumsy
11th Apr 2004, 14:40
Unfortunately, most jobless people and many others who work part time have very little concept of a 'weekend' and therefore don't fear, secretly or otherwise, Mondays. Those that are fortunate enough to have 'weekends' off are most likely to be very happy to go back to work as all their mates are their plus they tend to get tired of working in the garden anyway. :zzz:

airship
11th Apr 2004, 14:46
Apparently there's a big Brazilian company (ATMs etc.) with over 3,000 employees where everyone except the service dept. can skip Monday if they don't feel up to it. I'll try to find the name (it was a documentary on French TV) but the CEO exemplified company policy by having breakfast at midday and only going into the office a couple of hours a week. Also none of the other executives had their own offices. Instead, they would have to first find an empty parking space, then find a spare desk in an open-plan office where they could plug-in their (company-suplied) PC which would then automatically re-route phone calls and voice-mail. No secretaries either. Strangely enough, there is quite a high turnover at the executive level... :ok:

flyblue
11th Apr 2004, 15:07
What I openly fear are Saturdays and Sundays...as Danny says, we flying birds have no concept of "weekend"...but the hard reality hits us when we come back from duty with lots of planned things to do in the company offices and suddenly realise it's -shock!- the weekend!!!:ouch::{

G-ALAN
11th Apr 2004, 16:57
Ok ok point taken but for all us other bums who don't enjoy their jobs and who dream of pastures new and aren't fortunate enough to be paid to jet off into the blue yonder everyday. :}

The Greaser
11th Apr 2004, 18:20
Danny,

Most of us easyJet pilots enjoy our jobs immensely, it just tends to be those that dont that have the biggest gobs.

Regards

Smeagol
11th Apr 2004, 18:56
G_ALAN

Just a reminder that us folks out here in the lands of sunshine and sand work Saturday thro' Wednesday (or Thursday for those unlucky souls who work a 6 day week).

I know! Some of you have Friday & Saturday off instead just to be confusing!

Which makes tomorrow "Hump Day" for me.

Smeagol

maxman
11th Apr 2004, 21:46
I work shifts, as an increasing number of people seem to, so to me, monday is just another day, as are Bank holidays and Christmas:{ .
The fact that my shift pattern called for me to have the last eight days off, is neither here nor there:E :E

Rich Lee
11th Apr 2004, 23:10
According to Pravda:

SUPERSTITIOUS ASTRONAUTS FEAR FOR MONDAYS, SOME NUMBERS AND SAYING GOODBYE

http://english.pravda.ru/society/2001/07/12/9920.html

While I do not 'fear' Monday, I would never ignore the evil forces conjured by intoning 'Yadnom' again and again while sitting on the toilet. John Lennon knew this but would Yoko listen? No.

QNIM
12th Apr 2004, 12:50
Gday
Do I fear Monday, no bloody way it's my first of two days off, and thats the way of the aviation industry
cheers Q :p

G-ALAN
12th Apr 2004, 14:48
Well it is Monday today and I've had quite a good one already, although I'm working night shift tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday :{ I'm begining to fear Tuesday

Aileron Roll
13th Apr 2004, 12:27
Monday or day one always feared, usually first time in the week that you get flash backs to what happened in the weekend !

chiglet
14th Apr 2004, 01:24
Guy at Manch, [sadly now deceased] EVERY 1st morning shift, would say..."I hate flipping Monday mornings"...when it was gently pointed out that today was in fact xxday, the reply was, "Well, it's f****in' monday to me"
sadly missed
watp,iktch