PDA

View Full Version : B747Skipper's Corner

Pablo K
11th Apr 2004, 11:45
Hello Pprune and former A.Net (Tech.Ops) friends -
xxx
I was a member of A.Net, and as a captain and instructor on 747s I contributed regularly on their Tech.Ops. -
xxx
Appears that I was somewhat "too popular" to the taste of some of the moderators in A.Net, and at the end I elected to leave them and continue with Pprune, a site much that is much more professional in nature. I hope that those other contributors will also make their home here at Pprune, and enjoy the visits of other pilots, future pilots and airline enthusiasts.
xxx
Happy contrails -
(s) Skipper

gordonsmall
11th Apr 2004, 15:26
Hola Skipper,

Good to see you got around to setting this up.

Hopefully we'll get a good following here.

Regards,
Gordon.

Pablo K
11th Apr 2004, 17:55
Thanks Gordon, it is a start at least - when it will get more crowded and word goes around, we can do our version of Tech.Ops here, right place to do it.
xxx
But do not hit me with too hard questions - quite busy starting with the new operation, that was the company's Easter gift to me. Do they pay me extra money, nope. But maybe I can do as the locals do, take some under the table.
xxx
Happy contrails -
(s) Skipper

gordonsmall
11th Apr 2004, 18:03
But maybe I can do as the locals do, take some under the table.

Well, when in Rome and all that ...........

747fan
11th Apr 2004, 20:45
Dear Pablo,
great to have you here!

I`m not a member of the a.net but I was an avid reader of the forum - your posts were a great source of valuable information and I sometimes started my day by looking what`s new in the Tech/Ops with Happy contrails signature :-) Sort of quality guaranted...

I`m looking forward to hearing from you again...

Have a nice day,
Paul

Pablo K
11th Apr 2004, 21:58
Hola Paul -
xxx
Well - at least you are not silent here, glad to welcome you. I will probably be busy around here rather than "the other" place. We can always answer "their questions" and analyse them here...
xxx
CZ? Whow, I love Praha... you see, one of my hobbies is to be an educated tourist, and that city is gorgeous and so historical. Had a chance to visit a few times, in the "old days"... and some 10 years ago again.
xxx
Come back soon, we will try to be lively, and get to know our Pprune aviation lovers and future pilots.
xxx
Happy contrails -
(s) Skipper

747fan
11th Apr 2004, 22:50
Thank you, Skipper!
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your visits to Praha. From the aviation point of view, we are getting more and more connections to other major cities and looking forward to see new carriers after we join the EU in three weeks. With more than 10 flights / day to London, incl. some LCC, we can travel easily to the entire world. Yes, the "old days" are fortunately gone...

Best regards,
Paul

Pablo K
11th Apr 2004, 23:50
Dear Paul -
xxx
In the old days - 1970s - Was not a happy place... But you guys stood for liberty, much like Hungary and Poland did. You earned liberty and respect of many people. Bless you all...
xxx
OK airlines always was a respected airline, despite (forced) to use the Soviet equipment they operated. I once was passenger on a OK flight - cannot remember which type - Ty104, 124, 134, but the cabin service was... OK like the - emblem.
xxx
Praha has a rather good geographical position as a possible hub for the new Europe, maybe some LCC will make Praha a good hub for passenger connections.
xxx
Besides flying 747s - I am a good musician (piano, guitar) and classical music would have been my career. I am just an average pilot... to make a career, in music, you must be a virtuoso which I am not, just an average musician like many. I love Smetana.
xxx
Let's get back to aviation subjects -
Happy contrails -
(s) Skipper

IflyDelta88
12th Apr 2004, 07:04
Howdy Skipper,

Good to be back up with you. When we recieved your emails, I was more than happy to jump over to this side of the runway...I still scan a.net some for giggles, but my interest is waning fast.

Good to see you getting our crowd over here. Would be nice to see SlamClick, 777gk, MD88Captain, AAR90, and others over here! Keep em comin!

Happy Contrails from Delta ;)
Chris

rodquiman
12th Apr 2004, 08:49
Wellcome Skipper. Itīs nice to have you here. Despite not being an a.net member I allways used to read your posts.
I hope you enjoy the Pprune.:ok:

wbryce
12th Apr 2004, 09:19
Hi B747Skipper

Ive used A.net for a little while too, not much tho, only around 80 posts in 12 months, but ive enjoyed reading some intreasting threads that tend to pop up out of no where.

One name that always stuck out was the B747Skipper, i enjoyed reading your posts......Its a.net's loss mate! Enjoy Pprune, i used A.net before i knew Proon existed, but now i reguarly check proon because of the more knowledged help and professionalism.

Pablo K
12th Apr 2004, 12:24
Thank you for your lines, friends -
xxx
Oh, I am an old head in Pprune, to keep up with the industry secret rumours and opinions of others. Always has been a respected site, A.Net remains great for their pictures.
xxx
There is a lot of knowledge and assistance available on Pprune, because I am not claiming to be the "only source" - occasionally need to get answers and opinions myself.
xxx
Other will join in from A.Net, I have many personal messages. It is somewhat difficult to work with the Pprune format of forums, because different from A.Net, but once you are accustomed to it, it works great.
xxx
Happy contrails -
(s) Skipper

Just another student
12th Apr 2004, 16:36
Good to see you in here Skipper. I too read your posts on a.net with great interest, its a shame that things have had to change.
As a wanabee, its always interesting to read the experiences of people actually there, sitting in the flight decks of todays commercial aircraft. I think it can be all too easy to lose sight of what you are training for in the current climate. However reading posts on here from experienced airline/commercial aviators, does help.

JAS

Pablo K
12th Apr 2004, 17:20
Hola Jas -
xxx
Nearly half of my job has been flying airplanes, and a little of half has been to train pilots... unfortunately, I fly a desk a lot as well. I should say I feel priviledged to be able to enjoy the training environement, classrooms lectures, simulator or on the line, and thrive to make it enjoyable and rewarding for the trainees.
xxx
For me it is a personal failure if one of "my guys" would fail a proficiency check or a line check. I have no trade secrets. And I am far away of considering myself a god... just because I can fail someone.
xxx
Looking forward to meet you often - with pleasure -
Happy contrails -
(s) Skipper

msllsmith
12th Apr 2004, 22:26
Hey Pablo!!!!!!

Finally found you.

H-m-m-m......new thread...........????????????

"Employment for {qualified}{USA}Americans in Europe? How to?

msllsmith aka "Too Tall"

(Happy Contrails

Forgive me......... still tired....... all the A.Net stuff and paying the rent etc.)

again,

LL
:ok:

scroggs
15th Apr 2004, 23:35
OK, fellas, just calm down a bit. Phrases like Thanks Gordon, it is a start at least - when it will get more crowded and word goes around, we can do our version of Tech.Ops here, right place to do it.
and:
Good to see you got around to setting this up.
and:
Good to see you getting our crowd over here. Would be nice to see SlamClick, 777gk, MD88Captain, AAR90, and others over here! Keep em comin!

suggest that you are planning some kind of take over bid for Pprune. Sorry, but it ain't gonna happen!

This forum is not to be hijacked by anyone trying to carve out their own niche, having fallen foul of some other website. Wannabes is not a forum to discuss the fortunes of airlines, nor is it a place for qualified airline pilots - unless you are here to offer advice (when asked) to those who do not yet have, nor have ever had, any commercial employment.

For those of you who are already familiar with Pablo K and wish to chew the fat about airlines and airliners in South America, please do not do it here - use the Caribbean and Latin America forum. We already have a very active and successful Tech Log forum; I do not want its contents duplicated in Wannabes. Equally, this is not a 'spotters' forum - Airports, Airlines and Routes is the nearest we have on Pprune, and that forum is really for those who have a professional interest in those subjects.

In short, welcome to Pprune - but don't abuse our hospitality. Take time to understand our site and how it works. It is the largest site for aviation professionals on the internet, and among the largest of any sites on any subject. Please learn how to use it with due regard to thoe who have been here for many years, and without treading on the toes of those who put a great deal odf effort in to make sure it runs smoothly.

Scroggs

Edit: a new forum for 'spotters' has just been inaugurated - Spectators' Corner.

Pablo K
16th Apr 2004, 17:32
Dear Scroggs -
xxx
Don't you worry, it is absolutely not the intention - people coming from A.Net do plan to communicate to the appropriate forum depending on the nature of the subject.
xxx
I am quite familiar with the Pprune forum myself, reading it since some 4 years or so... This was simply meant as a meeting point to some that were not ablt to communicate through regular email, this has now been done, and I appreciate your concerns.
xxx
Most of A.Net people visiting here are not familiar with Pprune, and I am sure they will get the best out of it, as they get accustomed to the structure of this site.
xxx
Thanks for your note - Happy contrails :)
(s) Skipper

ANA777Master
17th Apr 2004, 20:32
Hi Skipper,

I once emailed you to thank you for your valuable insightfulness at A.net. I too have dumped them since I had many posts deleted and was even harrassed multiple times by a member there. I too will only go there for the pics! I will do a mass mailing of A.net members and try to get them to flock over here.

Hope you are well! (Please let us know about the SP flight)

Regards,

K

Pinga
17th Apr 2004, 22:29
Glad to have you join us Pablo K - you have joined and set a record I do believe! I don't know of anybody who has been warned off by Scroggs the moderator in his first thread!

I look forward to your future posts. :ok:

scroggs
18th Apr 2004, 10:22
I'm not warning anyone off, but I am concerned that this forum (Wannabes/Professional Pilot Training) is used for its intended purpose only - which is for those who are attempting to obtain their professional licences to discuss subjects relevant to that process. It is not a chat forum, nor is it a willing host to cliques looking for a new home.

If you use this forum for its proper purpose, you're all welcome. If you are all already professional pilots, or you are merely aviation enthusiasts (which, I have to say, is what your discussion leads me to believe), you're in the wrong place. The right place may be one of the forums I mentioned above.

Scroggs

MaMoO
22nd Apr 2004, 14:04
Hi Skipper,

im 17 and have been flying for the passed year, and have just received my students licence today. i too used to read your posts on a.net and have come to appreciate that with experience comes wisdom. And you are the perfect example.
i have 2 years remaining of schooling, and i am aiming to complete my CPL withing the nest 2-3 years,
Do airlines accept people like me who would hace had just a CPL and still of a young age and take them into like a training program.
I ask this because i have read up that many airlines preferably accept people with little or no flying experience into their trainign programs.
thanks in advance

ExPanAmer
25th Apr 2004, 01:34
Hi Skipper!
Finally, I got the time to advance over here. This thread is still in the welcoming stage, so I believe Scroggs is wondering about the real purpose for your " Corner ", and it may seem different to what he normally sees. But Scroggs ( and I hope you are reading this ! ), does not know how loyal your " flight crew ", and people like me, your " ground crew " are because of how much you are respected. Once the thread becomes more technical and advisory , I think Scroggs will find out what an asset you are to this forum, not to mention all the rest out there.
How is your new " baby " coming along? I don't know anything about it, can you tell me ( all of us ) ? Will you be flying for them?
Skipper, you're clear to start all 4!

scroggs
26th Apr 2004, 09:17
ExPanAmer, I'm sorry, but I really don't think you understand what this forum is about. It is only for those individuals who are trying to obtain their first professional flying licence (i.e. CPL). It is not for discussion of general aviation topics; there are other forums here on Pprune better suited to that.

I assume that you guys have come here from www.airliners.net? Well, you're welcome - but as I said in my earlier post, please take time to work out how this site works and then use it the way we want it used. Don't assume that what went down in airliners.net will automatically work here - this is a site for professional aviators that has some facilities for non-professionals to enjoy, not the other way round!

Scroggs