PDA

View Full Version : Trojan attacking MAC OS X

stickyb
11th Apr 2004, 08:09
Well, I suppose it had to happen, somone has it in for the MAC users.
Mind you, sounds like a pretty clever piece of work

Trojan Report (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nf/20040409/tc_nf/23646&e=3)

sprocket
11th Apr 2004, 09:20
Like everything else to do with Mac, it will probably cost twice as much to remove.

amanoffewwords
11th Apr 2004, 09:43
A trojan for Macs!

I can hear Richard sniggering in the background... :E

BEagle
11th Apr 2004, 10:03
'a pretty clever piece of work'........????

Please don't dignify the worthless scum who make Internet use so difficult and frustrating with such a comment. Why on earth do they do it - and why won't ISPs do more to stop the tide of rubbish which is clogging up the Internet......

Hackers and virus writers have no place in our society. Hopefully one day someone will start prosecuting and imprisoning them....

Naples Air Center, Inc.
11th Apr 2004, 16:21
amanoffewwords,

Oh how the mighty have fallen

I am sure we will see Rob and WeatherJinx in here doing a fancy two step soon enough. :rolleyes:

Richard

goates
12th Apr 2004, 07:37
Too bad it doesn't compare to the new Netsky variants expected to come out soon. I guess Windows really is better. :(

http://arstechnica.com/news/posts/1081623266.html

Oh wait, that's a good thing... ;)

goates

Danny
12th Apr 2004, 11:37
OS X's Unix underpinnings means it is "probably far more secure" than earlier Max OSes

Mac OS X, launched in 2001, so far has been shielded from the many security flaws that regularly affect Windows.

Oh how smug the sheep are that follow the great flock.:zzz:

There's nothing wrong with my com*=*put&$_er s*&o wh&$y do*£H't yo@*$u a*$%ll fec*($^k of&*$f...

Ah bolleaux! :{

Blacksheep
13th Apr 2004, 09:35
The Mac community may be relatively immune due to being a minority interest group, but once we Microsoft users have all been driven off the internet your turn will come, so its no use being smug.

Its already reached the point where its impossible for any PC user to access the internet safely. The b*ggers have found a way to bypass any firewall and anti-virus program by going in directly through the web page code itself. On my laptop, BlackIce in paranoia mode, plus Norton AV with the latest definition file in autoprotect were useless and having Java script turned off was no insurance either - they don't even use Java to load their executables, the code is in the page itself.

Once I've sorted out the latest violation of my laptop, (high-jacked and trashed directly from an inoffensive site listed on a Google search) I think I'll install Linux on my old P2 desktop and then use it only for internet browsiing, with my laptop reserved for everything else. I don't think its so much a question of MS IE being too full of holes, its just that these f%**&^%%$ing idiots have a bee in their bonnet about attacking Microsoft. There has to be a top dog in every pack and if Mac were top dog you can be sure they'd be attacking the Macs instead.