PDA

View Full Version : A321 Bhd-lhr

NWSRG
10th Apr 2004, 23:27
I see that the A321 is back on the Belfast City - Heathrow service. Does anyone know when this aircraft came back onto the service, and what changes were made to allow it to operate again out of BHD?

kiwi1
11th Apr 2004, 07:08
(If I remember correctly !) They had a problem with roll control in flap full, under certain conditions (crosswinds greater than "x", airframe icing etc ...) that airbus had discovered with other operators. They then issued a restriction that under those conditions, you had to land in Flap 3, which improves the G/A, but also restricts the max landing weight. So ... bmi put the 320's on, which is all fine and dandy, but, the BHD route is very busy, popular with the locals (Thanks NI, seriously, we appreciate your business) so ended up with the extra rotation in the mornings. What has happened is that some of the 321's have had the software mod, so are able to come back on the BHD run. All are having the mod, over a matter of time. To stress something though, you had to get about 4 preconditions before this partic. event would maybe occur, and I don't think that bmi ever had one. I will check the partic. fleet notice over the next few days, and put anything else here if it applicable.

Cheers, Kiwi1

NWSRG
11th Apr 2004, 12:51
Thanks Kiwi,

Knew it was something to do with software, but wasn't sure of the detail!

keepitlit
11th Apr 2004, 20:39
back perm on the 1st of may 04

yee ha

rgds K.I.L:O

Young Paul
12th Apr 2004, 10:47
BHD always struck me as much safer than NCE, even in a 321, anyway.