PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying ringtone (and what do you do about it?)

phnuff
10th Apr 2004, 23:19
Personally and being a traditional sort of person, I find the Nokia tune the most annoying ring tone, and its polyphonic incarnation is at the top of my hate list. I feel all public buildings should be equiped with buckets, filled with water, to accomodate phones with that particular tone.

Can anyone think of a worse one and what should happen to them?

Dop
10th Apr 2004, 23:36
I hate all ringtones that take a tune I really love and make it sound like sh1t.
What's wrong with phones that just ring?

BombayDuck
11th Apr 2004, 05:43
thats bad - but its worse when they take a tune that you just *HATE* and it becomes the most popular tune around p|sses me off...

those who have heard either "Kaantaa Laga" or "Babuji" out here will attest to it...

there is a default tune in Nokia phones, caled "Badinerie" which is a masterpiece though....

henry crun
11th Apr 2004, 08:08
A pox on all your cell phones and their ringing.

Those people who allow their cell phones to ring and then answer them in restaurants, cinemas, theatres, cafes, cars, and any other place where they cause annoyance to others, should be found guilty of a capital offence.

To those of you who think this is a tad strong, just think, cell phones have not been around very long.
Before they were invented the sun still set in the west, business still flourished, and appointments were kept.

BlueDiamond
11th Apr 2004, 13:34
All of which is certainly true, Mr. Crun, but I would still prefer to have my mobile with me while driving home by myself late at night. They are probably one of the best inventions to be produced in the last century.

Mine only goes, "ring ring" though.

:{

flyblue
11th Apr 2004, 14:24
Mine goes "Benny Hill", polyphonic and proud of it :E...and cuckoo for text messages :p
Nokia Tune first in my "hate list" too though... :ugh:

Jerricho
11th Apr 2004, 17:11
Had an agreement with buddies of mine that if we were out having a beer (or 10) if anybody's phone rang, they would have to buy the next round. If they got a text message (that stupid beep-beep), they had to buy the next round.......of whatever the others wanted (effin text messages. P*ss me off more than the phone!)

We now always remember to put phones on silent

maxman
11th Apr 2004, 20:56
Henry.
Totally agree with you. i hate them, but I still own one. I have programmed the Mother in law's ringtone to the "Darth Vader "theme, from Star Wars. (dum dum te dum, dum te dum, dum te dum). Still cracks me up every time she calls.
:ok:

ratsarrse
11th Apr 2004, 23:59
I had a sudden realisation the other day that the default tone for an arriving text message is ... -- ... in morse code (SMS). How could I have not noticed this all these years?

Jerricho
12th Apr 2004, 23:46
I have programmed the Mother in law's ringtone to the "Darth Vader "theme, from Star Wars

AHHHHHHHHHH!!

Maxman, let me buy you a beer or two!!!!!!!

steamchicken
13th Apr 2004, 15:07
A rich man I once knew developed the procedure, when boozing with his cronies, of pinting any phone that rang other than with an ordinary "brring brring!" sound - i.e drowning it in ale...

Vortex what...ouch!
13th Apr 2004, 15:11
And the longer one for SMSs on the Nokia spells Connecting people in morse.

flybhx
13th Apr 2004, 23:48
it's even worse if all you want is a phone that just goes ring-ring try finding one that has it fitted.

All polyphonic phones should be destroyed.

Ascend Charlie
14th Apr 2004, 06:45
Mine has a synthesised voice that says "Answer the bloody phone!"

eal401
14th Apr 2004, 07:48
Actually some polyphonic phones do have a very good ring-ring tone. My colleague has one that sounds like a traditional telephone bell, it's great!!

Agree that the Nokia tune has to be the worst, helped by a Mr D Joly!

People who leave their phones on their desk, then go to a meeting having left it on max volume & vibrate!