PDA

View Full Version : Air France Recruitment

ILS26L
10th Apr 2004, 12:08
Hi there, I was just wondering, does anyone know if Air France are planning cabin crew recruitment ? I know that they wre planning on recruiting last year but they took over cabin cre from AIR LIB when they went bust, then this year, they took over cabin crew from Air Littoral... Hopefully, they should be recruiting soon... If anyone knows anything about it, would appreciate it ! Cheers.

flyblue
10th Apr 2004, 16:03
AF announced on the company magazine they were going to recruit 700 CC this year, starting this Summer I believe (there's nothing yet on www.airfrance.fr). I have heard at least 500 should (but can't be positive about that) be ex air lib and Air Littoral people already on pool. Another thing is that usually when there are lots of applicants, AF doesn't take people without CC Licence ( compulsory to work as a CC in a French airline), the CSS. Many people take the course and pass the exam by themselves hoping to be taken on board. All you need to know about the CSS and the schools where to obtain it here (http://www.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/html/prospace/exam/css.htm) (in French of course, as to work for AF you must speak French)

AF is one of the last good employers left in civil aviation. Don't be in doubt whether it is worth passing the CSS in order to be hired. It is worth the effort. You get a permanent contract the first time you sign, 65 to 70 hours of flight a month, 12 days off (6 of which in a row in MH, and 7 in LH), 41 to 48 days vacation per year (depending on the scheme you choose) and the possibility of applying for part-time after the first year.

ILS26L
10th Apr 2004, 20:42
Thanks Flyblue... No doubt Air France is a great company to work for, that's why i'm enquiring about them. I believe that Air France will actually train you for the "Certificat de Sauvetage et Securite" unless they've recently changed their requirements... Hope not !
Well, thanks once again for your reply, I know there's a lot of competition for entry in such a company, but as french say "Impossible n'est pas francais" :)
All the best

flyblue
10th Apr 2004, 22:22
ILS26L,
AF has not trained people for the CSS since 2001, except a couple of courses some months ago of people who were due to start training in September 2001 and had been on hold since then. After September 2001 they didn't need to train people for the CSS (and pay for it) because there were so many unemployed CC because of companies like Air Lib going bankrupt.
This said, nobody knows yet what will be next requirements, and if CSS will be one of those, but I strongly suspect it will.
But stay tuned, I will post the info as soon as I'll get the new of a new recruitment campaign.

ILS26L
11th Apr 2004, 11:55
Thanks... will look forward to hearing from you again !