PDA

View Full Version : Need to finish IR

carbonfibre
10th Apr 2004, 11:00
A question to those who have a had a tough time of the IRT.

I recently took the decision to stop training with my IR training school and would like to move to a school which can finish me up to speed of good quality and without interuptions.

Before people ask i will not name the school as they have done my previous ratings to a high standard, there experience in the IRT is however lacking.

I have visited 2 schools at Glouster who were both very good in there different ways

So comments from people who have attended good quality flight schools please feel free to mention them too me large or small, open to suggestions.

Many thanks

Happy flying:ok:

Peggy Murphy
10th Apr 2004, 11:40
WITHOUT A DOUBT....... PROFESSIONAL AIR TRAINING (PAT) AT BOURNEMOUTH. THEY ARE BY FAR THE BEST OPERATION IN THE COUNTRY. YOU TELL THEM WHEN YOU WANT TO START AND WHEN YOU WANT TO FINISH AND THEY WILL GET YOU DONE ON TIME.:ok:

silverknapper
10th Apr 2004, 12:04
Carbon

I feel your post smacks of hypocrisy. How can you come on here asking for advice on where to go to finish you're IR because you're own school isn't doing a good job then not name the school? Do you want the shirt from my back too? Fair enough if they are good at other ratings then tell us that too. But if you are prepared to let people in the same boat as you (myself included) squander money they can ill afford on poor training just because you have then in my opinion you deserve absolutely no advice at all.

It works both ways.

SK

carbonfibre
10th Apr 2004, 12:21
Silverknapper.

Hypocritical i am not, honest and thoughtful yes, i do not mention names because of a few main reasons. Mainly because the school may suit others but not me for the rating being taken.

Banding names along the PPrune coloums is not my intention, if you wish to talk about being hypocritical it is that you have not sent a private message to enquire rather than shout it out on the front pages

As i have said previously they are good at ratings they have been doing for some time, needless to say they will inprove with there IR Training so squander is harsh.

However if you would like to inform me of where you are at with your training and then i could advise you (privately) whether or not the school should be attended for a paticular rating or not.

Peggy Murphy, many thanks i have just e-mailed with my current standings

Happy flying anyway :ok:

Fuel Crossfeed
11th Apr 2004, 08:28
Carbon

Multi Flight at Leeds got me through, and the CAA examiner was a fair and decent guy.
Dont know what you are flying on at the moment they use a Beech Duchess.

FC

JB007
11th Apr 2004, 14:26
Hey Carbon!

Just give Mrs Mollinson a call mate!!!!
Let me know how you get on...

Robthestudent
13th Apr 2004, 19:27
Carbon,

As Peggy says you could and are probably doing a lot worse than going to PAT . I went there after completing the atpls at Bris and past my IR first time.

PAT offer you a quality that can not be matched elsewhere. This is not a sausage factory operation, quality in instruction, quality in the aircraft (my understanding is they were the first operator of the Duchess at BOH whereas SFT ooops I mean EPTA were using Seminoles and Bcft were using Cougars, now everyone is using Duchesses. The FNPT2 sim was the first on the airfield, therefore without doubt confirming their position as market leaders.

The prices may be a little higher but I suggest you check out their pass record in comparison to other schools and also the number of hours students take to complete. The FNPT2 sim was the first on the airfield, therefore without doubt confirming their position as market leaders. Bournemouth is a great place to fly in terms of facilities etc.

Whatever route you decide good luck and try and enjoy,

and finally a big hallo to Anthony, Linda and the lovely Bruno(company hound).

Rob

:ok:

Send Clowns
13th Apr 2004, 19:44
BCFT has always used BE-76s! In the old BFC days we may have used Grummans, but that must have been before my time in Bournemouth!

Agree with much of Rob's advice, but don't always take pass rartes at face value - beware of extra training. The best schools at Bournemouth don't (of which PAT is one, of course) but some others have been accused here of getting high pass rates at the student expense by making them fly too much training. He is right about the great flying down here! I still love it as an instructor, after the CPL, IR and FI(R). The facilities for the IR are ideal.

carbonfibre
13th Apr 2004, 21:08
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I have looked into some schools and there are a lot of good ones out there

JB ill speak to you soon and well done on yours matey!!

Im flying a Seneca 11, everyone tells me a Duchess is nicer and more pilot friendly too if anyone wants to comment on that ?

Keep flying everyone and have fun doing it!!!!:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: