PDA

View Full Version : Santa

TwinNDB
26th Nov 2001, 09:00
I just heard on the radio today that Santa's in New Zealand are going to be instructed not to say HO HO HO this christmas as it "is too scary for the children" :rolleyes:

The company that hires Santa's for the shopping centre's have instructed their employee's to instead be nice, patient and caring towards the children. I don't know about the rest of you but I never met a Santa when i was a kid that rude, impatiant and scary.

Beats me as to what the world is coming to - what with all of this political correctness stuff - I mean it's not as if Santa has put caused kids to hate Christmas before now.

Trust the Kiwi's though :D :D

Hang on - does this mean that Santa isn't real :(

sanjosebaz
26th Nov 2001, 09:17
What do you mean Santas? There is only one Santa, and I doubt he'll take much notice of those heartless kiwis trying to spoil his fun. If they're not careful, he might forget to visit NZ. :eek:

henry crun
26th Nov 2001, 11:49
In the same news bulletin about Santa there was an item on the Aussie soccer team losing to Uruguay and thus missing out on entry to world cup.

After the game there was an interview with an Aussie who proclaimed that they have a great team and shouldn't have to go through this playoff nonsense.

Trust an Aussie to come up with a novel idea like that. Obviously the belief in Santa carries on into adulthood there. :D

sprocket
26th Nov 2001, 13:05
Y y y you mean there is no Santa?

:(

TwinNDB
26th Nov 2001, 13:57
HC

Soccer - what sport is that. Show me a proper sport like Rugby or Cricktet, do you guys remember those - you know - the one's that we have all the trophy's for and keep beating you at. :D :D

Mishandled
26th Nov 2001, 14:37
Twin NDB, you obviously missed what happened at Twickenham a couple of weekends ago.

OzExpat
26th Nov 2001, 14:55
Maybe Santa is more like this (http://www.fototime.com/7451CFD71B38A85/standard.jpg) in New Zealand? :eek:

dingducky
26th Nov 2001, 15:02
ohhh wish i could post my fav santa pic
have to find somewhere to put it and post a link
what a bother :(

Kermit 180
26th Nov 2001, 15:19
Santa helpers should do their best to calm the kiddies before being introduced to the big guy. After all, those huge nostrils and beer gut can be pretty intimidating for a nipper :eek: It still haunts me!

By the way, heard about the dyslexic satanist? He sold his soul to Santa :D

Kermie

tony draper
26th Nov 2001, 15:54
I'm a bit surprised that Santa still survives in these PC times, must be half a dozen things the luvies feminists and mincer's could find offensive about Santa.
He employs dwarves, not the verticaly challenged.
Cruelty to animals, hint of beastalence here, no thats ok, they tend to approve of perversion.
Ageist, he is always, a old man.
Homophobic he is always straight.
Anti feminist, again he is always a man, plus he always leaves Mrs Santa home packing parcels.
And, the sin of sin the absolute nadir, he is always white.

[ 26 November 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

dingducky
26th Nov 2001, 16:12
ok here's the piccy :D

ho ho ho (http://203.43.180.147/pprune/xmassuit.gif)

HugMonster
26th Nov 2001, 20:39
A couple of years ago I was sent a URL for a rather revolting pic of Santa nude save for boots and hat - can't find it again. Google has let me down for once!

DOC.400
26th Nov 2001, 20:52
Hugs -didn't you post a lovely pic of a Santa speared (painted) on the nose of a jet with his pressies falling down the side last year?

Ozexpat -hahahahahahhaahahah! Love it -now, how can I do some Xmas cards with that....

HugMonster
26th Nov 2001, 20:59
I sure did - shan't use that one again, as it was painted on an FR aircraft, and they're on my personal blacklist now! If I were Santa, O'Leary would only get a lump of coal in his stocking.

Here instead is a song my father told me they used to sing to the tune of "The 12 Days of Christmas" on the Iceland Convoys... On the first day out from Iceland, the ACIC* said to me,
“A Whitley up a gum tree”.

On the second day out from Iceland, the ACIC said to me,
“Two Blohm & Voss, and a Whitley up a gum tree”.

On the third day out from Iceland, the ACIC said to me,
“Three 88’s, two Blohm & Voss, and a Whitley up a gum tree”.

On the fourth day out from Iceland, the ACIC said to me,
“Four Fokker-Wulfs, three 88’s, two Blohm & Voss, and a Whitley up a gum tree”.

On the fifth day out from Iceland, the ACIC said to me,
“Five bloody great bombs!
Four Fokker-Wulfs, three 88’s, two Blohm & Voss, and a Whitley up a gum tree”.

On the sixth day out from Iceland, the ACIC said to me,
“Six Heinkels dropping five bloody great bombs!

On the seventh day out from Iceland, the ACIC said to me,
“Seven destroyers sinking, six Heinkels dropping five bloody great bombs!

On the eighth day out from Iceland, the ACIC said to me,
“Eight U-boats hunting, seven destroyers sinking, six Heinkels dropping five bloody great bombs!

On the ninth day out from Iceland, the ACIC said to me,
“Nine turrets jamming, eight U-boats hunting, seven destroyers sinking, six Heinkels dropping five bloody great bombs!

On the tenth day out from Iceland, the ACIC said to me,
“Ten Captains cursing, nine turrets jamming, eight U-boats hunting, seven destroyers sinking, six Heinkels dropping five bloody great bombs!

* ACIC = Admiral Commanding Iceland Convoy (pronounced "A-kick")

[ 26 November 2001: Message edited by: HugMonster ]