PDA

View Full Version : Script error

Tonic Please
9th Apr 2004, 09:55
I cant go to half the pages without this bloody script error coming up.

I tried going to www.bbc.co.uk/radio and going to the radio 5 live listen live coz Diana krall was being interviewed and it opened the page but ddnt let me listen due to this stupid script error.

I have downloaded that spybot from another thread here and it has helped regarding IE hackers etc, but for goodness sake, can someone give me an idea for this? I have reset defaults, I have moved this and that, restart god knows how many times, and still nothing.

It doesnt happen everywhere, and I cant see a common occurance, so it might be random I dont know.

Thanks in advanced

Dan.

amanoffewwords
9th Apr 2004, 11:14
Just to confirm, have you got realplayer installed?

amofw

BOAC
9th Apr 2004, 12:27
Several threads here on problems with script on the web, TP, have a look around - what message are you getting - + your system etc?

Downloading, installing and enabling Sun's Java sorted my problems out (as recommended here by our experts!)

amanoffewwords
9th Apr 2004, 13:49
BOAC,

Java is not the same as JavaScript so the problem is different in this case.

amofw

BOAC
9th Apr 2004, 16:02
Yup, I appreciate that, but I still think TP (and others) should NB this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122865) about Java (particularly the date 30/9/04) and the javascript fix? It sorted me out. I forgot to link to this thread!:*

It took a deselect and reselect however to do it as I had the 'disable' already ticked??