PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways Recruiting

Mtwali
9th Apr 2004, 03:50
'Lo All,

Tiger Airways (SIA and partners LCC) has started recruiting for their new A320s via their website www.tigerairways.com.

Plan is to start doing type conversion courses late May, early June and licence conversion courses for type rated people a few weeks later. Capts and FOs are needed.

The application form certainly wants all the boxes filled in but at least it tells you straight away if you meet the minimum requirements

The package is typical LCC start-up - loads of flying, no frills and just enough money!

Hope one day I'll get the form filled in properly!

G' Luck
Mtwali

matspart3
9th Apr 2004, 08:31
link doesn't work

Isn't there another Tiger Airways here?

www.tigerairways.co.uk

Copyright lawsuit methinks!!

farang
9th Apr 2004, 17:14
This link will work

http://www.tigerairways.com.sg

and so will this

http://www.tigerairways.com/index.htm

Tiller Torquer
10th Apr 2004, 06:50
I couldn't get the link from this page to work either, but the website itself worked just fine.

I thought A320 pilots got paid a bit more than is being offered especially since you have to find your own way there and don't get paid for a couple of months.

Not much of a welcome - but then it is an LCC.

:confused:

TT

millerscourt
10th Apr 2004, 06:58
Don,t get too excited about this job.

Just 2 weeks leave per annum

Bring your own food

Deduction from salary to cover uniform costs even though no hat or jacket required!!!

Don't believe the salary of S$16000 per month as you will find that basic is low and you will need to fly max hours per month to get anywhere close to that.

Allow $3000 per month for accommodation.

Allow $20000pa for tax

All figure Singapore Dollars which are in freefall at Governments behest to stay competitive with China. I guess as you won't be able to save any money unless Single then that is not that important!!

Don't even think of buying a car in Singapore,

Don't even think of being able to afford International Schools on that salary.

This is not a job for someone already A320 Rated as far better deals around.

Tiller Torquer
10th Apr 2004, 09:17
G'day MC,

Yes, I get same numbers for an expat couple with 2 kids.

Appartment 3000
Comms 500
Cost of Living 2500
Car 1500
Medical Ins 500
Pensions 1000
Loss of Lic 1000 (obviously depending on age)
Life Insurance 500

Entertainment 500
Holidays 500

School Fees 3000 (two kids each costing 18,000 p.a.)
Tot before tax 14500
Grossed up 17500

and that's before you spend money getting to Singapore or getting licence or rating if not typed already and do some time without income.

I guess the deal will work though for single people, or those with no ties to children.

TT