PDA

View Full Version : embarassing moments in front of pax

Dupre
24th Nov 2001, 09:04
Just reading the imbarrissing moments thread - how about embarrassing moments with a plane with pax around?

I'll start with a minor one that happened the other day - hopped in the 172, all ready to go with 4POB, before realising the latch to the oil dipstick/fuel drain was still open. With a red face i undo my seatbelt, get out, close the latch, get back in and face a couple of funny looks.

I'm sure some of you have some shiners so let's hear them!

TowerDog
24th Nov 2001, 15:31
JFK to TLV flight: Explained the time zone difference to pax over PA but gave wrong time.
Next potty brek a pax waiting in line explained the time stuff to capt. :(

Throtlemonkey
24th Nov 2001, 16:26
I once pinched a nerve in my back while pulling an aircraft out of the hangar, pax arrived to find me crawling across the hangar floor crying and swearing like a trooper.

Hottie
24th Nov 2001, 18:32
Hmmmm...let me see...Oh..there was this one time where I was chatting to my Skipper about the Flightie on board and what I thought of her.
When prompted by him as to what I would like to do with her, I failed to realise that my intercom volume slide lever was positioned at a reasonable enough level so as to publicly announce my intentions to the passengers of the first 4 rows...oh...and her of course...
Needless to say, I was a tad short of words upon the Flightie's sudden appearance in the flight deck, smoothly suggesting that she already had plans for that night ;) :eek:

HugMonster
24th Nov 2001, 19:16
I think it was very thoughtful of her to let you know she had plans already - after all, you could otherwise have gone to a lot of trouble and expense in making arrangements! :D