PDA

View Full Version : Listen out!!!!!

beechbum
8th Apr 2004, 06:46
Guys and gals, I have noticed over the last few months that certain individuals are not playing ball when it comes to their RT work. It seems that ettiquette and manners over the airwaves is slowly disappearing and it is sad to say that the guilty party stems from members of our national carrier. C'mon guys you are supposed to be setting an example. Last night for instance, we were handed over to radar, whom I duly contacted. No sooner had I finished my transmission and awaiting a reply when in storms Springbok XYZ...........:mad: It seems to me that the standard thing to do is switch frequencies and press that PTT. Not only does this happen in the air but also on the ground...!!!
The skies are getting busier and busier all the time and with foreign ATC's operating in our environment extend the courtesy to them by being a little more vigilant in your listening out skills.
To our national carrier folk - sorry it was a dig at you, but last night was the final straw and I had to bring it to everyones attention.
Anyway safe skies everyone........and give those PTT's a bit of a break:ok:

Goldfish Jack
8th Apr 2004, 16:43
Hey Beechbum, let me tell u it is getting worse and worse. It used to happen once or twice a shift, especially on area, but it happens more often now. It could be due to the fact that we have many relays covering a large area (all on the same freq) but I think you are right about bad habits.

Sorry to have to harp on it, but you are not far wrong. The biggest offenders are the springboks that seem to start in a 2.

It is like this annoying habit of them always saying ".... request." and then they do not finish the sentence. Heavens above, we are in direct 2 WAY VHF communication, why not complete the sentence??????? You do it when you ask for descent, or if there are any speed restrictions (irrespective of what the preamble in the STAR says - pilots MAY only ask for cancellation of speed restrictions in an emergency ONLY), but if you want to avoid weather or change a level en-oute, it suddenly becomes "....request." talk about inefficient r/t procedures. Maybe I should just say denied in response and see what happens.... !!

Sorry last call you were blocked say again all after request.....

FFG
12th Apr 2004, 11:01
Sorry last call you were blocked say again all after mayday...
:bored: :ooh: :(

RUDAS
17th Apr 2004, 11:17
you guys are spot on.last night i heard a very interesting scenario where a 737 had been handed over to area,who immediately told him to switch back to radar as there was head-on opposite traffic at his level...he duly did this and after about three seconds checked in on frequency with his callsign.immediately after he called in,he was squashed by a springbok who wanted descent or something,then an expressways.It took about ten seconds for him to finally get through and resolve the conflicting traffic situation.

17th Apr 2004, 13:57
C'mon guys! You all fly around in your little piskrieks talking on the radio in you heavy-duty, ATPL voices that you practice in the mirror, taking up precious RT time that could actually be made useful to us bigger guys. Give the Sprinbok a break and let him talk first, after all you okes didn't get into THE AIRLINE and most of you could probably go by car anyway. And at SAA it is taught that those little Pappa-Charlies and Bug-Smashers that you all fly, don't even have radios in them, and if they do, are on an entirely different and useless frequency...!

:}

beechbum
17th Apr 2004, 15:30
Huh, who's side are you on 126.9? I don't think you've flown in our airspace fora very long time. It's chaotic!!! And it does not help when guys have no etiquette on the radio.Come back here for a while and you'll see what I mean! It doesn't matter if you fly bug smashers or a massive great 747 learn some manners when using the airwaves. To me that is a mark of a professional pilot. Anyway hope your post was tongue in cheek!!!! :p

17th Apr 2004, 17:16
C'mon beechbum man! How do you know when last I flew in Japie Airspace? Let's be honest; a ou could pole through there everyday at any altitude he smaaked and nobody would ever know about it 'cause the place is like a western ghost-town and the ATC chaps are all affirmative action or uitlanders who wouldn't know a Jumbo from an elephant. You and I both know that there isn't much going on down there except for a few very annoying little Piskrieke flying around at low-level and making a helluva raquet, and yapping on the airwaves keeping us old toppies awake. I'm gatvol of young okies whining and moaning 'cause us old timers demand a bit of respect from you wet-behind-the-ears lighties when we get on the wireless and wanna chat to those wannabe pilots in the tower, just to tell them what we are doing so that they can maar also have a job you know!

And what's all this kak about etiquette, manners and professionalism? Next fu:mad:in' thing you'll be demanding that we all attend those horrible and useless CRM lessons..? You want etiquette? Moenie vir 'n ou toppie sê flying a bug-smasher is the same as flying a real aerie, and don't wear your underpants on the outside, or for more than 7 days in a row. Dis bliksem's etiquette. Manners? Moenie met 'n vol mond kak praat nie and don't take the piss with the pilots from the National Carrier, those okies are not common sky-jockeys like you lot, they are moerse Sky-Gods like you wish that you were! En verder; julle fo:mad:en laaities kan donders OOM vir ons sê and then we'll know if you really are a true professional..! And if you are, we may even let you snotneuse have a word or two on our wireless frequencies.

REAL ORCA
18th Apr 2004, 06:30
:ooh: :ooh: Moerse sorry OOM!:}

beechbum
18th Apr 2004, 06:57
Geez I am moerse sorry OOM but who rattled your monkey cage anyway? Hell!!!!! I ain't no laaitie - as you put it old man, and sorry that the green grass of home is not good enough for you any more!!! Get a life Oomie - and maybe some grammar lessons too, and by the way CRM starts next week.......... see you there!!!!!:= ;)

18th Apr 2004, 08:21
Liewe Laaities,

What green grass of home isn't good enough for me? Sien jy? Young enough to make assumptions based on nothing said. Julle laaities sit hoog in julle bome en pyle skiet. En ons ou bliksems dra,soos gewoonlik, moerse dik armour en weer net pyle af. Instead of kakking on the Skygods of SA airspace about how they talk on their wireless frequencies, you okes should be at home studying your "Handling The (moerse) Big Jets" so that you too may aspire to Godly Status in the Blue Skies. Otherwise, you will be doomed to be trodden on each time you fire up that old coke-can-with-a-string-on-it to say something to those pilot-wannabes at the tower, when the real pilots need to talk. Besides, how much fun can a oke have buzzing around near the trees and stuff in an old f:mad:cked up Cherokee or Baron?

Jul' Oom

beechbum
18th Apr 2004, 08:46
Get off your high horse........believe you shared a house with planecrazi in Randburg many a year ago when you were a laaitie(previous read thread) Know who you are!!! Didn't realise you turned into such a p:mad: s!!!!! Anyway this just proves a point. Oh yes that life is still out there to get!!!!!!!!! Go on, go and get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since your head is so big now.....can you fit into that jurassic of yours.
Have fun OOM and fly safe!!!!!!!!!:ok:
Oh yes, clean your teeth, you seem to be missing a few !!!!!!:=:}

18th Apr 2004, 10:43
C'mon ou beechbum man. You're not as anonymous as you'd like to think you are either laaitie. In fact, we were just talking about you in Basel the other night. (Need I mention that it was a very short and unpleasant conversation..?) In fact, I personally threw up at least twice during the course of said discussion however, that may (or may not) have had something to do with kak Swiss schnaps on top of a few great German Pils'..?

Now, having referred to me as being the most vociferously sought after portion of the female anatomy, allow me to remind you of the number of times that you personally, in the past, have found yourself being rejected by exactly that part, and had to follow through by not getting a pull-through and ending up shaking one off!

beechbum
18th Apr 2004, 11:04
Here endeth the lesson!!!!!!!!!:yuk:

18th Apr 2004, 11:33
And the moral of the story is:

If you're going to pick on the SAA Skygods, or call it's ex-members "P:mad:s", then you sure as hell better be able to take a joke!