PDA

View Full Version : Bidding for a North American Base

Canadian Beech
8th Apr 2004, 02:55
Was wondering roughly how much seniority is required to hold Toronto, or NY, or Chicago as a base for Freighter FO.

Thanks

Felix Lighter
8th Apr 2004, 04:42
None!

You can be recruited directly into the position. 95% are.

If youre already in CX, say as a pax SO, you can apply for a transfer. At the moment there are slots available.

*All you need is the right to live/work.

To the best of my knowledge, the only FO base that is full (pax or freighter) is Brisbane.

apollon
10th Apr 2004, 01:29
What about the European Freight bases.
Are they more senior ?

Flying Bagel
10th Apr 2004, 01:47
I believe there are quite a few new Frankfurt based F/O's that are coming online just now. So I don't think seniority is an issue in Europe either, as Felix mentioned, you just need the right to work in those countries (i.e. holder of an EU passport.)

DDDOF
10th Apr 2004, 08:50
Felix:
Are you saying that S/O's can move to the freighter fleet and a North American base, after not being with the company that long, because thewre aren't that many other than those recruited directly to the freighter side that want to go to the freighter side.
I know they say upgrade for S/O to F/O on pax is running 3 years???
So what would that be for S/O to F/O on the freighter for time to upgrade???
Thanks for the info, now back to studying!!!

Felix Lighter
11th Apr 2004, 01:33
I cant tell you policy......policy changes like the wind. What I can tell you is that we are short of FOs.

I can also tell you that as an SO (right now) you can apply to move across to the frieghter, as an FO, immediately.
If you want to stay on the pax fleet, ie in HKG, it is about 3yrs to upgrade.

There are currently SOs upgrading onto the 744 and Classic freighter who inside this window.

(From a company stand point, they will obviously still assess your 'training risk' and your progress........ its not a right of passage)