PDA

View Full Version : IAC GLOBAL Vietnam Contract

Chilli Muscle
8th Apr 2004, 00:38
Can anyone confirm that there are vacancies with this recruiting agency flying A320s in Vietnam.
And also confirm that they are offering USDL $2500 per month for first officers.
What are the commissions on these contracts to the agencies.
How does this work. Does the airline pay X dollars to the agency and they take a large percentage of your pay for the term of the contract.
This does not seem to be "Market Salary" by any stretch of the imagination.
What are the people earning that are up there now.

Whiskery
8th Apr 2004, 02:48
I understand it is THIS MOB ! (www.rishworth.co.nz/opportunities/details.asp?oppid=534&cat=1) that have the Vietnam Airlines contract.

Yes, the pay is cr@p but seems to be consistent with every other Operator these days :mad:

If you have established the "Market Salary", could you please post it here on this forum. Many thanks in anticipation. :suspect:

Chilli Muscle
8th Apr 2004, 05:15
Have just recieved a Rishworths contract for a similar job quoting a pay of USDL $5200 per month plus $1000-00 per diem.

Maybe that is a bit closer to market.

So does anybody know how one agency wants to pay US $2500
and the other one $5200 per month.

HotDog
8th Apr 2004, 05:20
$1,000 per diem!? Are you sure you haven't slipped an extra 0 into that?

Ralph the Bong
8th Apr 2004, 09:05
Hot Dog, that $1000 is for the whole month.

$2500 base is WAY below what others are offering and you would have a very hard time in Vietnam on that. This is a fishing expedition by IAC. They dont have the contract, as Whiskery said. They are just trying to see how many mugs would sign up for slave labour.

My current B767 contact pays nearly $2500 for beer and cigarettes.

Cpt Cook
8th Apr 2004, 11:38
Yeah thats the story, IAC are a bunch of C**ts and will S***w you any time they can, don't fall for the bull S**t. they are a last resort. I've been there , trust me. "BEWARE"..

Ralph the Bong
8th Apr 2004, 15:31
Just for a comparision, here are some contract salaries that I am aware of off the top of my head:

B767 FO $5500-$9000

B767 CAPt. $8500-$11,000.

A320 FO $4500(inc accom.)-$5500.

A320 Capt. $7500-$9000.

B747 FO $5500-$9500

B747 Capt. $7500-$12,000

B777 Capt~$12,000

All in USD. The better salaries are in Japan.

Beer Can Dreaming
8th Apr 2004, 21:46
This I** Gl***l mob seem to always come out with a much lower pay scale for the same contracts among competing leasing companies.
The only explanantion is that the money goes straight into their own pockets.

Remember some time ago they were advertising for a 737-800 job and told the prospective applicants that they would have to pay for their own upgrade endorsements.
But no problem - they would just deduct $500 per month for 18 months or whatever.
When the pilots got there they were told that the company would pay for the endorsement upgrade.
Just another way for this mob to fleece hard working pilots of their cash.
And it went downhill from there after finding out that other pilots doing the same job through another company were paid 40% more.

Stay well clear of this mob.

Statorblade
8th Apr 2004, 22:13
The above posts are GOOD ADVICE.

Unless you are really desperate for work, steer well clear of I** GL***L.

EngineOut
9th Apr 2004, 07:31
nothing relevant to what the going rate should be ....

but those who have been to vietnam would know how rediculously cheap it is. Just been up there travelling, a meal at a reasonable restaurant for 2 will cost you about 8-10AUD including 3 or 4 beers. A pint of the local draught beer will set you back the grand total of 3,000VND (Vietnam Dong) or about 25cents and a long neck of premium brew between 80c and $1!!! Dangerous....:ok: :E

lame
9th Apr 2004, 09:16
Does seem a bit low, even though pay and conditions are tighter nowadays. :sad:

I did a B767 contract in Vietnam some 12-13 years ago, and even then we were on $US5200 per month, plus accomodation and $US50 (per day) per diem.

As people have pointed out, it is very cheap to live there. :ok:

Ralph the Bong
9th Apr 2004, 14:15
Yeah, Cheap for a single bloke.

If you have a family in Oz, add the cost of support for them. If they come to 'Nam, figure on:

At least $1500USD for 3 br appt.(more like $2200 for something decent).

If kids involved, only 2 schools: ABC @ $500US per month. Or British International (more like it) @ $1000 pm per rugrat.

Get your tax affairs in order too before you expatriate yourself anywhere, lest those C^&* S@#$%ers and F@#$%G moronic f%^*$$g po^%ters from the ATO want to try get their dirty, grubby, greasy, syphlitic paws on your hard earned loot... I mean money.

So, Engine Out, what should the going rate be??

Z Force
10th Apr 2004, 10:11
I believe the way these mobs work is that they advertise for pilots for a certain job even though they don't have the contract. They can then present to the operator a list of qualified personnel and if they are the cheapest they get the contract.

luna landing
10th Apr 2004, 21:25
No, Ralph, what you do is just "blow off" the family in OZ and pretend they don't exist any more. Take up with one of the millions of desperate women in Nam and buy up big for her so you'll be treated well..

School fees? Don't worry about school fees - kids don't have to go to school. What kids??

Ah, Vietnam - such a fantastic place. Wouldn't you stay there forever if you could and work for free!

Yeah, Cheap for a single bloke.

Kaptin M
10th Apr 2004, 21:58
How cruel of you, luna, to refer those Eastern flowers, as "desperate women in Nam".
Surely ANY contract - regardless of what it paid, would be worth escaping the clutches of those Western slags...wouldn't it, Ralph

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=103784

Ralph the Bong
11th Apr 2004, 02:07
Ah, yes Chris, how true!

Jet blast is a wonderful forum for parody when p!ssed! RE-read the pprune disclaimer. :p

ps How's the Asian wife going?

Iso
11th Apr 2004, 05:57
Someone musta stuck a lizard up your nightie luv, 'cause you sure as hell souund bitter and twisted about those eastern flowers, which incidently as you said treat you well - maybe that's why (s)he p155ed off on ya in da first place. Anyways, between the ATO, the CSA, the scumbag lawyers your about to engage and the parasite boyfriend hiding in the wings, you'll have you nightie and lizard too. You probably drove the poor barstard there if the truth be known.

By the way, how come the lakis of IAC haven't responsed to this brilliant piece of free publicity....it sure puts their names up for many to know about. Say thank you to nice to contributors guys.

the_spook
13th Apr 2004, 07:22
You both sound a little Bitter and Twisted.

Is there something you're not telling us?

TAC On
14th Apr 2004, 00:13
Lawyer Alert!!!!

One post, registered this month!!

Beware. These people ( the subject of this post),have initiated defamation action previously.

Rich-Fine-Green
14th Apr 2004, 01:27
Not 100% sure but;

Z force may be right - I heard another company was the front runner for the VA contract.

Chilli Muscle
28th Apr 2004, 13:30
Apparently many vacancies in Vietnam at the moment!.

luna landing
29th Apr 2004, 14:56
Don't forget when looking for your "bought bride/professional girlfriend", to BYO sex toys. Vibrators etc not sold or available there apparently:yuk:

Ramboflyer 1
29th Apr 2004, 19:29
Surely there is enough people in Vietnam airlines to do there own recruitment rather than rely on these blood sucking Contract companies.

Chilli Muscle
30th Apr 2004, 14:43
The question remains - how much blood do you loose. Do these companies make up the rules as they go ?.
It would be a great service if the wages were not similar to a packer at woolies.