PDA

View Full Version : CD Writer software troubles

SawThe Light
7th Apr 2004, 21:27
Anyone able to help with a writer problem.

Shifted a CD-RW from box #1 to box #2, both using XP Pro. Box # 1 was using Nero 5 software so I assumed it would be OK for box #2.

Fully formated the HD on box #2 and loaded a fresh copy of XP Pro. Installed Nero 5 on box #2 and the system ran just fine but the writer didn't work, so I uninstalled and re-installed Nero.

On re-boot it would start up, but at the "Welcome" screen it would quit and start the re-boot all over again. Nothing I did helped, and I couldn't even get to safe mode. Eventually I simply re-formatted and reloaded XP but so far I haven't been game to try Nero again.

OK, what have I done wrong?

STL

Naples Air Center, Inc.
7th Apr 2004, 22:53
SawThe Light,

You must have Nero 5.5.5.1. or later in order to use it with WinXP. You could try booting in Safe Mode and see if you can uninstall Nero.

If you end up doing a clean install of WinXP on that computer again, try burning a CD with the Windows Burning Software, just to make sure there is not a problem with the drive.

Take Care,

Richard

SawThe Light
9th Apr 2004, 05:41
Thanks Richard.

Installed version 6. something and it is working real fine. Interesting that the version 5 I used came as OEM software with one of the other boxes running XP Home. My fault though, should have done some homework.

STL

Naples Air Center, Inc.
9th Apr 2004, 15:13
SawThe Light,

Glad to hear you are all set. :ok:

Take Care,

Richard