PDA

View Full Version : Where in the world are all the Americans? (Part II roll call)

pax domina
1st Jul 2001, 20:11
Ventured in to chat for the first time in ages a couple of nights ago. Seeing as it was about 0300-0600Z, after one back from clubbing Scots lass said "goodnight", there were a few Aussies and Kiwis about, and a few late night Americans.

Talk turned to "Where are all the Americans?" and we tried to start some sort of count/list of names.

Two of us managed to come up with about 30-40 names. The ones I can remember at the moment are

me (pax domina)
Trained Monkey
411A
Before Landing Check List
Ignition Override
Trinflight
McD
Mert
JudyTTexas
dallas dude
(anyone else notice a bit of a TX thing going on here?)
con-pilot
RW-1
SFly
lymanM
Secret Agent Man
Constable Clipcock
mriya225

So, that's a mere 17 out of 32,000 plus.

Anyone care to add to the list? I'm thinking perhaps there are about 100 total . . .

proud to be . . .

------------------
pax d - narcissistic, short-sighted, ill-bred moron

Velvet
1st Jul 2001, 21:02
Usstillflying
Dorfer
Rob
Leanan Sidhe
Capn Horatio Slappy!!
Diesel8

(never let us forget)
ocb

tom775257
1st Jul 2001, 21:11
Me, although i live in the U.k. Does that count?

pax domina
1st Jul 2001, 21:19
Yes, tom775257, you most certainly do count. And I think we'd all (or at least most of us) rather forget about o**_c****_b****.

That's 25 and counting . . .

[edited to correct typo]

------------------

[This message has been edited by pax domina (edited 01 July 2001).]

Velvet
1st Jul 2001, 21:39
Pax honey we all have our 'cross' to bear :)

Wino
Asquared
Cyclic Hotline

(are you going to include Canadian pilots - that might up it by a few more)

Nil nos tremefacit
1st Jul 2001, 21:57
Never forget Captain Ed and his challenging brand of debate. I think you can claim guyincognito and Jesus Loves Me.

Davaar lives on your side of the water, but north of the line.

I'm not....but I've been to the karaoke night at the Dover Sheraton so fully understand your culture. :)

pax domina
1st Jul 2001, 22:02
31 and counting!

But the frozen chosen will have to start their own list . . . :)

------------------

sprocket
2nd Jul 2001, 01:28
Dont forget the venerable Lu Zuckerman.

pax domina
2nd Jul 2001, 01:32
sprocket - he was mentioned as "presumed, but not known". :)

That's 32 . . .

------------------

Capt Vegemite
2nd Jul 2001, 03:23
Maybe this forum is a little too unwholesome for our cousins?

Rollingthunder
2nd Jul 2001, 04:16
Please include the Canadians out.Close but not the same.

mriya225
2nd Jul 2001, 04:41
Diva Pax,
I just noticed your signature and LMAO!! :)

I've had the most rotten day - it was a laugh much needed!

------------------
I am but mad north-north-west: when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw. -- William Shakespeare (Hamlet)

pax domina
2nd Jul 2001, 05:10
Glad you like it, Diva Mriya! After all, you supplied it. :)

Rollingthunder - I wouldn't dream of it! After all, I could simply not lump a fine gentleman like Pigboat (or any Canadian for that matter) in with us noisy lot from below the 49th. And he knows all this cool stuff, besides. :)
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum1/HTML/014482.html

------------------

Rollingthunder
2nd Jul 2001, 05:18
Pax...one beer/whiskey credit...To you.

JetAgeHobo
2nd Jul 2001, 09:16
Me Me Me!!

DC Meatloaf
2nd Jul 2001, 09:56
More lurker than poster, but damn proud to live in the Good Ol' US of A.

Worrrrd.

Diesel8
2nd Jul 2001, 10:06
Velvet,

I cannot believe you outed me!

Diesel8: Another narcissistic,shortsighted illbred moron

pax domina
2nd Jul 2001, 14:53
Ahhhh, with the addition of Jet Age Hobo(great nickname, have used it to refer to a friend of mine from time to time), DC Meatloaf, Marine and Roc (stumbled across them when searching last night) we're up to 36!

Where are the rest of you, ummm, y'all, uh, us 'uns? :)

------------------

Low_and_Slow
2nd Jul 2001, 22:04
yo. Me be an A-Mer-I-Can :)

OzExpat
3rd Jul 2001, 17:43
Dunno why I even started reading this thread coz I ain't one and can't even add to the roll call... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Probably not a good idea to start a roll call of Ozmates tho! :)

------------------
Dispela olgeta samting i pekpek bilong bulmakau!

pax domina
3rd Jul 2001, 18:05
OzEx - you started reading this thread because I started it, correct? :)

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

------------------

Bubbette
4th Jul 2001, 02:11
Me too, proud New Yorker.

pax domina
4th Jul 2001, 02:33
That's 38 and counting!

Back to the top for the 4th of July!

For appropriate smilies click here (http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/bttt.gif) and here (http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/usa.gif). :)

------------------

SevenFiftySeven
4th Jul 2001, 09:40
Can I be an honoury American?
I'm English, but live here in sunny Wisconsin - I even have an American girlfriend.

Yes, looking forward to 4th of July, but will be wearing my English Union Jack socks, hidden under my trousers! Just don't tell anyone!

AA SLF
4th Jul 2001, 10:05
Count me in as well Pax D -

Coming to 'ya from three miles northeast of DFW. Fly 18L and you will pass right over my house. Don't mind it at all with the "stage-3" engine rule now in effect.

Native Texan, that makes me a naturalized citizen of the USA! :)

dAAvid -

No I don't work for AA, just a loyal pax is all. 3 million miles plus and counting.

Steepclimb
4th Jul 2001, 15:32
Do I count? I have a green card?

pax domina
4th Jul 2001, 16:37
(UBB Code is OFF, please imagine bold face, italics and list. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif And it's the first time I tried to use a list!)

SevenFiftySeven I shall confer on you the honour of being 50% (or in fractional terms, one-half) American for purposes of this count. My reasons are several

[list]
You appear to be the only person on PPRuNE besides myself on to have even heard of ATW (wore a YX ATW baggage tag to the Bash) (okay, pehaps there is one more person who has heard of ATW - Saab340Pilot)
You live near Oshkosh, the site of the annual EAA Fly-In
You live near where I was born, and where most of my extended family still resides
It is Summer in Wisconsin, so you are probably being eaten alive by mosquitos (and if you've reason to think a tornado is on its way, get yourself to the basement, quick!)
Let's see, July 4th in Wisconsin - will you be indulging in that typical American feast of bratwurst (soaked with onions, in lager) cooked on the grill? And warm sweet-sour (aka German) potato salad with bacon? :)
It is a holiday and I am off work and so I am feeling happy and charitable :)

AA SLF - three million miles!!!! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif Just thinking about it gives me a sore bum. :) Well, you shall be added to the list, with a further note that you are the now ninth person on the list who either lives in Texas or is a naturalised Texan Citizen of the USA. (Lived in Dallas for nearly four years, in fact they completed DFW when I lived there, so I understand what you are saying. :))

And, I've just remembered RiverCity.

Okay, I've quit being lazy, getting serious now (and please correct me if I've made any mistakes) -

BenThere, FAAJAA, mobydick, Roadtrip, Al Timmeter, Catans, Saab340Pilot, Do28, MD80drvr, on papi, FrozenFalcon, critcaact, Laker, jetstreamdriver, MachOverSpeed, ofnumbers, JR/FO, A-V-8R, seupp, morningwood, Carbon Life Form, Viking Pilot, Gulf227, Fo1011 and RAAMJET (Texas again - not that there is anything wrong with that :) ).

Possibly GlueBall and fullforward.

So, with the two possibles, one-half of SevenFiftySeven, and one-half of Steepclimb (and his green card :) ) that's an additional 30 for a revised total of 68!

Keep those cards and letters coming . . .

------------------

Final 3 Greens
4th Jul 2001, 17:10
PD

Can I claim "friend of USA" status???

I did work in NYC during spring last year and did take exception to a posting about "Big fat Hank the Dumbass Yank" on another thread recently.

Two very different countries for sure, but "vive la difference."

F3G

PS: Can someone from the US please convince OCB that the USA did not INVADE France in WW2, but helped to LIBERATE it! The Gauls get very pissed about this misconception!

RW-1
4th Jul 2001, 17:23
Ahh the 4th, here I am at work, making double time ... continuing that student struggle to make flight time money.

Gee, a study printed int he paper stated that a good percentage of teens here do not know why we celebrate the 4th.

Makes me somewhat sick. so you British cousins (whom I KNOW know the reason) may be honorary americans on this day IMO.

Celebrate!

Now if I can just slip out of here and get to the airport tonight without hassle, pilot association bash and fireworks, and a new date as well (very nice girl too ...)

Everyone have a good day.

------------------
Marc

pigboat
4th Jul 2001, 17:26
Happy fourth all!

Thanx pax.

[This message has been edited by pigboat (edited 04 July 2001).]

pax domina
4th Jul 2001, 18:28
You're very welcome, Pigboat!

And for the benefit of those younger folks who may not know it, July 4th, 1776 is the date of a certain letter written to George III, which began "When in the course of human events . . . " Those signing it could very well have been signing their own death warrants.

From a history text I've kept for basic reference:

[UBB code still off, quote starts here]

On July 4, 1776, The Second Continental Congress formally adopted the Declaration of Independence. Although Benjamin Franklin and John Adams made some contributions, the Declaration was written chiefly by Thomas Jefferson. He based his ideas on those of the English philosopher John Locke, who, nearly a century before, had defended the right of the English people to revolt against their king.

1. Philosophy of Government. In simple yet eloquent language, Jefferson declared: (a) "All men are created equal" and "are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights," including "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." (b) "To secure these rights, governments are instituted [started] among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." (c) "Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government."

2. List of Grievances. The Declaration enumerated the many "injuries and usurpations" committed by King George III against the colonists.

3. Conclusion. Jefferson concluded that "these united colonies are, and of right ought to be, free and independent states."

[quote ends here]

Not as important perhaps as the US Constitution, and its ideals are not always lived up to, but a nice statement of principles nonetheless.

Old enough to have gone to school in a less fashionable age, where we were taught about documents penned by overleden haole men . . .

------------------

Velvet
4th Jul 2001, 19:26
Thanks Pax for reminding us of that most elegant start to American Independence

'deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed' a phrase that should be writ LARGE above the entrance to every Government Department including Parliament - to remind them why they are there. All too often forgotten by those whom we elect.

So Happy Independence Day 4th July to Pruners and Americans everywhere :) :)

SevenFiftySeven
4th Jul 2001, 20:10
PaxD,

Only 50% American? Ah well, better than nothing I guess!

Yep, I know Appleton Outagamie VERY well. Flying the BAe 146 down to ORD every few weeks - excellent fun! Especially the landings back in ATW - fly past the runway, sharp turn left, dive and land. Scared the life out of me the first time though!

The mosquitos don't seem to get me - must be my English blood they don't like or something. My friend however appears to be a blood bar for the little buggers!

Where were you born?
I do actually live in Oshkosh itself, infact last year for a few Saturday afternoons in a row the EAA's Flying Fortress used to fly low over my house during it's approach to land. Superb sight!

Currently learning to fly at Oshkosh - 5 hours in, still a long way to go, but great fun!

>>will you be indulging in that typical American feast of bratwurst (soaked with onions, in lager) cooked on the grill?

Hmmm, only problem there is that I'm vegetarian! Yeah I know - vegetarian moves to America's Dairy State and can't find much to eat when dining out! I guess that's why I can't be a true American!

Hope you had a good day at work, I'm just glad to be getting a day off at last after seeing my UK based collegues already having 4 or 5 national holidays this year!

10W
5th Jul 2001, 03:47
Errm Pax, if Green Carders are only 50%'ers, you might have to downgrade Cyclic Hotline and Rob. Both of true Scots blood I believe in the beginning ;)

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

Rollingthunder
5th Jul 2001, 04:05
Happy holiday, cousins.

Final 3 Greens,
No one, not anyone, will convince OCB of anything not in his narrow belief system.He does know it all. A veritable legend in his lunch box.

Besides, didn't De Gaulle rescue France and piss off all of Canada later? The dip stick.

pax domina
5th Jul 2001, 04:48
Thank you for the correction 10W! To be honest, I was fairly sure that Cyclic Hotline might not be one of us 'ns. :)

Can I use the fact that both he and Rob were on Vel's list as an excuse? :)

Okay, deducting one (for one-half each of Cyclic Hotline and Rob), and giving Final 3 Greens one-quarter for his efforts, results in a net loss of three-quarters, so we now stand at 67.25!

Could become a bit like the Audubon Society Christmas bird count - the 4th July PPRuNe American count.

;)

Everyone else is probably still in the back yard next to the grill, swatting mosquitos, drinking beer, and listening to the neighbours set off firecrackers (or setting off a few of their own).

Guess I might take a trawl through some of the Comair threads to find a few more names . . .

------------------

Velvet
5th Jul 2001, 13:09
No, Dubya - if they are naturalised Americans (not needing a green card), then they should count as 3/4 each - if either has an American wife should up it to 7/8.

Deduct ocb because he's a Martian :)

Leanan Sidhe also was born in Ireland so should be reckoned on the above system.

Pax - a great job honey ;)

edited because my math is lousy today

[This message has been edited by Velvet (edited 05 July 2001).]

pax domina
5th Jul 2001, 15:59
Okay, the current state of play . . .

Awaiting some sort of confirmation on Cyclic and Rob. It they are naturalised citizens, or have dual citizenship, then it's back to 100%. (Vel's correct, if you're a citizen, you don't need a green card. Trust me, I have to fill out our organization's I-9 forms.) (Read recently that an American wife or husband is no longer an automatic ticket to a green card!)

Just remembered SKYDRIFTER. Unfortunately, feel I must still leave o_c_b in the count, but am in full agreement regarding his probable alien (as in extra-terrestrial) origins. :)

(Would add a link to an alien smilie here, but UBB code still off on JB.)

68.25 and counting . . .

------------------

[This message has been edited by pax domina (edited 05 July 2001).]

OzExpat
5th Jul 2001, 16:24
Partly true Pax but, mostly, I wanted to see if Part 2 would degenerate as fast as Part 1 did. I know that lightning hardly ever strikes the same place twice, but I figured there was no harm in taking a quick peek! :)

------------------

Final 3 Greens
5th Jul 2001, 19:43
Pax Domina

Thank you ma'am; one quarter is very generous and I shall do my best to live up to it.

Hope you guys had a great day yesterday and not too bad a hangover this morning.

SevenFiftySeven
5th Jul 2001, 20:31
ooooooooooh haaaannnngggooovvveeeerrrr.

I remember Fireworks and carnival rides, there was definately beer and frozen melon vodka cocktails... the rest is a blur.

Can I opt out and become English again please? We tend not to be this hungover after the 5th of November (our big fireworks night)!

757 - Crashing and burning!

pax domina
5th Jul 2001, 21:02
Sorry SevenFiftySeven, you still get half-credit. :)

Frozen melon vodka cocktails? Bit fancy for Oshkosh! So, what did you eat? I've been a vegetarian (not vegan) for the past decade, and actually have found Wisconsin not too bad . . . plenty of menu options in "upscale" Door County, and Appleton isn't too bad because of the college (check out Ecotopia on College Avenue in Appleton, and Milagros in Menasha, and the Indian place - Sri-something - on Highway OO/Northland Avenue and the Thai place on College Avenue next to Lawrence University both seem to have plenty of vegetarian options . . . unfortunately it looks like EarthHeart in DePere, which was by far the best vegetarian restaurant I've ever eaten at, has closed http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif ).

Actually, Appleton is loads better than Orlando, because to my knowledge we don't even have *one* vegetarian restaurant in the entire area!

I'd suspect Oshkosh might be decent because of UWO.

But back to the topic . . . or should that be the previous topic? After your recent performance on the *other* thread, HugMonster, if you ever again try to deny membership in the PPRuNe Intelligensia I *will* laugh in you face! :)

OzEx - there's a cricket thread that needs your sarcasm.

;)

Thanks for the kind words Vel, now who else can we out? <evil, wicked grin goes here>

------------------

[This message has been edited by pax domina (edited 05 July 2001).]

pax domina
6th Jul 2001, 16:06
TR4A - that's 69.25 and counting! :)

------------------

HugMonster
6th Jul 2001, 16:09
Huh? Me? Wha'? :) Which thread? What am I being called "intelligent" for now?? You're trying to insult me, aren't you pd babe? :)

pax domina
6th Jul 2001, 16:21
Now Huggy, perish the thought! :)

But if you persist in making long, articulate and knowledgeable posts on historical topics - what else is a girl to think? :)

I refer, of course, to the previous thread "Where in the World are all the Americans?"

PS - Still regret not getting a photo of you at the keyboard with a stogie in your mouth and an evil grin on your face. In your aloha shirt, you looked quite like a dictator of some small country located in a warm climate.

;)

------------------

[This message has been edited by pax domina (edited 06 July 2001).]

Ali__G
6th Jul 2001, 16:33
well i is kinda new in da house an all but bein a gansta rappa i feels dig im more american than comin from me turf Staines ya know wot i mean.al those american bitchs dig me and is checkin forward to bein entertained by me massiv mr biggy whun i catch da concorde an go dere

OzExpat
6th Jul 2001, 19:13
Pax... I checked out the cricket thread and decided that there's enuf sarcasm there already! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif :)

Now, how thefark do I do a "quote" thingey with the UBB code turned off...?

--------------------------------------------
"In your aloha shirt, you looked quite like
a dictator of some small country located in
a warm climate."
--------------------------------------------

I know of a country that he can have, if he wants... :)

------------------

pax domina
7th Jul 2001, 05:52
Okay, in the slow and painful crawl towards a century (or should that be "the century"?) :) , I think I have an advance on the previous total . . .

mwashi
partyreptile
AA76757

That's 72.25!

OzEx - I've no doubt that you know of at least one small country in a warm climate, but I also doubt whether Huggy would want it. :) Then again, the diving is supposed to be good . . .

------------------

pax domina
7th Jul 2001, 20:13
Ahhh, this new "from" display at the bottom of posts is going to make things a bit easier. After a bit of a trawl last night, I believe that

Beaver Driver
Rogaine addict
BigJETS
CRJ200
Corporate Yank
LAVDUMPER
redtail
mtb
Meridianman
Brad737
Qwntm
Slacker
strikemama
willbeav8r
& turboshaft

may be added.

The total stands at 87.25 . . . thirteen and three-quarters to go for the century! :)

Velvet
7th Jul 2001, 23:18
Just noticed these - apologies if they've already been counted

FloridaGW
CharmedLife
CMWolf
JetAge Hobo
WhatsaLizad
TowerDog
Fenian5
OldAge84

pax domina
8th Jul 2001, 00:04
Thanks Vel - that's six more, since Jet Age Hobo already checked in (more like outed himself! :) ) but I think I remember TowerDog once saying on a thread (during some wrangle with normal_nigel . . . . n_n called the American guys who drank and then went in the sim for the Channel Four cameras "sad bastard Judases" and there was a bit of a lively discussion, oh hell, let's just say that lots of pooh was flying) that he wasn't an American, or wasn't born here, or something.

So, add six and one-quarter (TowerDog - or should that now be AADog? :D - is certainly good for at least one-quarter) - 93.50! Seven and one-half to go . . .

Constable Clipcock
8th Jul 2001, 01:40
_ pax domina _ originally posted:

"Unfortunately, feel I must still leave o_c_b in the count, but am in full agreement regarding his probable alien (as in extra-terrestrial) origins."

_ Old Cross Burner _ is part and parcel of our dirty laundry, I'm afraid. But as a cross-burner old enough to have kast his vote for Kalvin K. Koolidge back in the cross-burning heydey of the '20s, we should allow him the status of being 4/5's of a person out of respect for our elders.

It worked for early 19th Century southern census takers!

[ 07 July 2001: Message edited by: Constable Clipcock ]

Velvet
8th Jul 2001, 01:56
Okay have you counted kabz - he's 50% with a green card :)

pax domina
8th Jul 2001, 05:20
Duly noted Vel, will add one-half for kabz.

Agree about o_c_b being part and parcel of our dirty laundry (nice to see you back, Constable C!) . . . 4/5 is 80%. I can either round down to three-quarters or leave him at his present 100%. Decisions, decisions.

Okay, if we reach 100.25 then I'll round him down to three-quarters.

That's 94 for now!

PS - Nil Nos, but what about Sears and Toys-R-Us? :p

[ 08 July 2001: Message edited by: pax domina ]

OzExpat
8th Jul 2001, 07:34
PAX... I reckon it depends on what sorta "diving" you're talking about! :eek: :D

Davaar
9th Jul 2001, 04:56
Pax:

I've just made a list: NY, Ark, Tex, La, Va, WVa, Miss, Ala, Mont, DC, Wash, NDak, SDak, Vt, NH, RI, NJ, OH, Mich, Ill, Wis, Minn, Ind, NMex, Col, Pa, Cal, Nev, Ariz, Ga, Ore, Neb, Iowa, Tenn, Md, Mass, Me, Conn, Wyo, and Okla.

I've been in all of them at least once, some many times.

Would you grant me honorary status?

pigboat
9th Jul 2001, 05:10
Don't do it, pax. He was chased out of every one of 'em by jealous husbands. :D

Davaar
9th Jul 2001, 05:27
Pax:

Pay no attention to him. It was just a series of unfortunate coincidences. Could have happened to anyone. And I did not steal that horse.

pax domina
9th Jul 2001, 05:53
;) (That is much better than the message icon . . .)

Davaar - okay, you get one-quarter (Wisconsin is on your list, and Florida isn't, which pleases me), but only because you are a lawyer. If you *weren't* a lawyer you'd be eligible for one-half. :D

Checked out Rotorheads and may be able to add Copter Cody, Pac Rotors and B Sousa.

That's 97.25 - I *am* gonna have to trawl through certain R&N threads to reach 100. :(

OzEx - diving in the ocean, with SCUBA gear, looking at reefs and fishies and stuff. Sweetie, you really do need a weekend in CNS, don't you? :D

Shore Guy
9th Jul 2001, 08:58
Count me in (the USA)!

TowerDog
9th Jul 2001, 15:26
Pax D:

Count me in as one of them 7/8 Americans.
No it can't be AADog as there ain't no freighters over at AA.

Pround to live in the USA, a Norwegian Colony since 1040 AD. :D

pax domina
9th Jul 2001, 15:56
Okay, that's an addition of one-half (total now three-quarters) to TowerDog (but didn't you once say that if AA had freighters you'd bid them in a second? :) If there are freight dogs and cargo rats, then should there be a couple of other nicknames? SLF . . ? Pax . . ?) and with Shore Guy (shore of Lake Erie? :D) that's 99.

[ 09 July 2001: Message edited by: pax domina ]

TowerDog
9th Jul 2001, 18:57
Pax D:

Yup, I said just that. (Good memory)

Uh, did ya suggest SLFDog, or PaxRat?
Why not, stranger names have been seen around here. (Hung Like a Horse, OCB, etc.)

Velvet
9th Jul 2001, 19:26
Pax I think we've reached your century with

Tombo (from Tampa Bay)

So let's celebrate with raising a glass (or two or ten) to all those Americans who grace these pages with their comments, humour (humor ;) ), debating skills, and general all round good guys and gals.

Tinstaafl
9th Jul 2001, 23:07
I kissed an American once - well, twice actually - does that count? ;)

OneWorld22
10th Jul 2001, 05:58
Well let me see... I was born and raised in my early years, in the great metropolis that is New York City. (Both parents American)
We then moved to Dublin, Ireland where I was educated and then moved back to the US in my late teens. Didn't know what to do with myself at the time, so with a rush of blood to the head I joined the USMC. It was the late sixties, so you guessed it, after basic training on Parris Island, it was off to Vietnam.....(Lucky ol me, how was that for timing!!)
Did two tours there, 66-68, 2 years of plodding trough thick jungle with constant rain during the monsoon and being shot at and ambushed all the time and yes I was there for the Tet offensive. (Never again, thank you very much!)

Learnt to fly afterwards in the US and moved to Europe while still young and have been here ever since and lived in Dublin the longest.

Do I qualify? I consider myself European, I think. Actually I don't know!!!! Help! What am I????!

pax domina
10th Jul 2001, 12:05
Tinny - only if the first kiss was so nice she wanted a second. And possibly more, if only time would have permitted. Please advise. :)

OneWorld22 - I must give you full marks (unfortunately), being born here with American parents. Actually, there's someone else with full marks on the list who has (I believe) one English parent, and was born in England but . . . oh, never mind. Has full, if not dual, citizenship - and so counts as one.

This is good, since with the addition of Tombo (thanks Vel) and OneWorld22 we are at 101! That's unofficial . . . I'd like a few more in case I've made any mistakes, and also so I can demote o_c_b for being a Martian. :D

TowerDog - trust me, having a good memory means I'm incredibly unpopular with men. Once they figure out I'm going to pick up on all their little inconsistencies, and sometimes question them about same . . . it's all over. :(

pax domina
16th Jul 2001, 02:00
Oh goody, think I've found enough to drop o_c_b and not have to resort to going through the various Comair threads on R&N.

Will have to drop Pac Rotors - a Kiwi. :( Will drop o_c_b as well. :D

Down to 99.

Feel I can add CAVU, Toilet Porpoise, F900B, Gone West and Colonel Sanders.

So, that's 104.

Has anyone else noticed that when you change your signature, it changes the signature on *all* your *post-software upgrade* posts? Seems to keep the signature on your earlier posts the same (at least from what I see in the topic review window below). What's up with that? :confused:

I'm going to have to start cutting and pasting signatures.

pax d - narcissistic, short sighted, ill-bred moron

[edited because I forgot CAVU]

[ 15 July 2001: Message edited by: pax domina ]