PDA

View Full Version : Conditions of service

Zedd
7th Apr 2004, 17:21
Hello All!
I need some advice from anyone out there who has some to offer. I have recently completed my Comm License in South Africa and am ready start work. I have been very fortunate to be offered a job working up in Zambia on a C206.

Does anyone out there have any advice as to what a bush pilot should expect or ask for in his terms of employment? What sort of pay is standard, hours, length of contract, etc. Any information would be fantastic. I understand what a break this is for such a new pilot as myself but am also cautious to not get into a situation that could lead to bad feelings for both parties later on.

So until later.. cheers!

Zedd

:ok:

B Sousa
8th Apr 2004, 00:00
Just a thought. I would get with others who do the same or similar flying. See what they are getting. Take a look at your company see how stable it is and what you think you can expect. Ask for what you think is fair and see what happens. If your a low timer and they know it, Im sure they will try and get you as cheap as possible. If you can live with that, its a fair wage...Otherwise...
Also remember, just because you may go to work for a low budget Company ( I dont know that), dont throw the rule book out the door to keep the boss off your butt. If things hit the fan and your in the wrong, no matter if you feel you have been forced to do something to protect your job, They will hang you out to dry.
Your the last word as to if something is safe or legal.

Zedd
8th Apr 2004, 06:47
B Sousa,
Thank you for the reply, really appreciate it. It is a very good company so am not worried about that aspect, and as for the rule book I don't think they will put me under such pressures. I was more interested on what the average payis, contract length, who pays for ratings, etc.

However i do understand how fortunate I am so am not trying to be too difficult!

Happy flying,

Zedd
:ok: