PDA

View Full Version : S/O Interview Locations??

DDDOF
7th Apr 2004, 15:43
I've just been invited to interview for a S/O position.
As I'm Canadian they offered me an interview in Vancouver.
However I'm working contract overseas and actually a lot closer to Hong Kong than Canada.
Would it be too forward to ask to be sceduled for an interview closer to where I am, or should I just consider myself lucky and travel to Vancouver for it.
The last thing I want to do is, let them think I'm an ungreatful so-in-so.
By the way where else do the do first interviews for S/O positions??
Thanks for the input, now where did I put that "Handling the Big Jets" book.

darrick
7th Apr 2004, 22:10
When is your interview and did they advise via mail only or also by phone?

Felix Lighter
8th Apr 2004, 04:55
Darrick, call CX (Carol) and tell her your story. They will have no problems with hearing from you. (They are people too!)

If youre nervous about it then email her.......

That said, interview slots are full until August, so I suspect they will say...."up to you, but it will delay your interview".

DDDOF
8th Apr 2004, 08:31
Well looks like if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all.
Seems the email they sent me inviting me to an interview had to be responded to by April 6th, I didn't see all the emails sitting in my inbox until the 7th as I was away from home and not checking my emails. So my YVR interview slot has been offered to someone else who has already taken it.
I called the lady who sent me the email and she said she would put me on standby for Paris if someone doesn't confirm.
So other than unluckey bastards like me who are away and not checking their email, do people not confirm due to whatever reason, or am I just getting my hopes up for nothing????
Worst case, if everybody confirms will I be offered an interview again or will my file slip to the bottom of the pile and dissapear????
Needless to say I went from being very excited to very upset in a short range of time.
Hopefully I'm not completely out of luck!!!!!

Felix Lighter
8th Apr 2004, 09:05
Damn shame that but please, dont fret at all.

1. Surprisingly people do pull out or ask to delay their interview (stranger still, some people just dont turn up!) so - be prepared for the short notice call up. It happened to me.

2. There is no "pile" as such....... you will stay where you were....ie: youve ticked all the boxes to be considered for an interview. Sadly (due dumb luck) you missed a chance.....but you will be called for the next round (not foregoing para.1)

On the plus side, youve now talked to the powers that be....so keep in touch, they really dont mind!

DDDOF
8th Apr 2004, 13:16
Great news.
Just got the call.
Paris in May.
I guess someone backed out, and it worked out for the better anyway.
Now back to studying.

darrick
13th Apr 2004, 14:34
DDDOF
Congradulations on a second chance and hope you do well.

Hey felix thanks for the advice, I sent an e-mail and got a quick reply. In essence she said whenever they're in my area again, it looks good for me.