PDA

View Full Version : Oh what a dilemma.....

Capt Vegemite
1st Jul 2001, 12:42
A friend has told me....
That he recenty buried his father-in-law and as a bit of a gag they placed a "Qwik Pick" lottery ticket in his jacket pocket.
It now appears the Newsagency they purchased it from has an unclaimed prize winner.
Not for the major scoop,but a prize valued at around $255,000.
There is no Will, and no surviving relatives other than my friends wife.

I will not tell you the locality of the cemetry.

Any suggestions?

[This message has been edited by Capt Vegemite (edited 01 July 2001).]

Radar Departure2
1st Jul 2001, 13:06
I suggest that it won't be long before this one qualifies for immediate entry to www.urbanlegends.com (http://www.urbanlegends.com) :)

RD

the_anti_christ
1st Jul 2001, 13:08
Dilemma?
I see no dilemma here, just dig him up and go claim the money! In life you must have your priorities right, just as you do in death :)

Do you like my little red heart? Pity it's fake.

------------------

Slasher
1st Jul 2001, 13:23
Yeh I agree. Go dig him up, grab the ticket, then hoik his bones back into the sod. Its not likely the old buggers going to do anything with the ticket anyway. But it is fortunate your friend didnt have him cremated Veg!

[This message has been edited by Slasher (edited 01 July 2001).]

Velvet
1st Jul 2001, 14:33
Firstly, are you sure this ticket is the unclaimed prize - be a bit of a bummer if you dug him up and found it wasn't. :)

I guess you really can take it with you when you die after all :)

Engineer
1st Jul 2001, 14:52
This is sacred ground you are talking about and the eternal resting place of a loved one.

It sounds absolutely immoral to disturb this mans final sanctuary for monetary gain. You should be all ashamed of yourselves.Show some dignity.

Instead like me you should be offering consolences for the sad departed.

Capt V let me know privately this poor mans name and location and like a good christian I will visit with my spade sorry cross and say a few comforting word to see him off into the great afterlife.

Look forward to hearing from you soon now where are me holiday brochures

Gash Handlin
1st Jul 2001, 15:46
I'd suggest your friend make his mind up bloody quick, Ever seen the mess a body makes as it decomposes??