PDA

View Full Version : CTC ATP delay

Chuffer Chadley
7th Apr 2004, 09:17
Morning all

I wonder if we could do a bit of intellignece-sharing, and avoid hassling Jo Ward at CTC (which we have very firmly been discouraged from doing!).

I got my reply from CTC saying I would get an interview, wait for a date at the beginning of Feb. I was led to beleive that March would be most likely, but that doesn't seem to have happened.

The question is: to anyone who has an interview mid-Apr, when did you send in your app? To others who are still waiting (especially if you sent off before Feb), when did you apply?

Thanks in advance for your responses. NOTE THAT THIS CONCERNS THE ATP SCHEME, NOT THE AB-INITIO SCHEME RUN BY CTC.

CC

Slim20
7th Apr 2004, 10:02
Hope this helps:

CTC usually interview on a group basis with preferably 6+ candidates at each sitting. Sometimes it takes a while to get the requisite no. of people together on the same date.

I went there for interview in Oct, was told the next stage would be Nov, eventually it was in Jan.

It's good enough to even have an interview; just be patient, they are very efficient once the ball starts rolling.

monkeyboy
7th Apr 2004, 12:11
Chuffer, I sent mine in towards the end of Feb and was told to expect a delay of a month or two.

I hope this will put you at ease a little.

MB

Louis Euan
7th Apr 2004, 12:44
Slim

Can you tell us how you got on?

And for the risk of repeating other threads, what was the phase 2 and 3 like?

I have also received a letter from Jo Ward saying that it would be in the next couple of months, dated 10th March.

Cheers

Chuffer Chadley
7th Apr 2004, 20:15
Many thanks for the replies chaps/chapesses.

It's not that I'm getting downhearted or anything, it is just the sort of thing that is nice to know. In particular, how hard to pursue another 'proper' job in the interim. It does seem that the ATP scheme is the best way into the airlines at the mo, and for the time being at least, I'm doing filing in an office for 6 quid an hour.

Oh! How the mighty have fallen!

Would still be v. interested to hear from anyone who is up for the mid-April dates.

Ciao!
CC

Manflex55
8th Apr 2004, 05:21
Chuffer,

There is a Phase 2 next week, and at the moment CTC is running an AQC & 2 conversion courses (B737 & A320) for EZ at Dibden Manor, so they're extremely busy: be patient! The holding pool is empty & partner airlines keep asking for more ATP Scheme guys. Looking good for those who will pass the selection.

Slim20,
It's more like 12+ candidates these days considering the demand!

MF

jmc1980
8th Apr 2004, 08:57
Actually there are 16 of us attending phase 2 next week!

Anyone else here going to phase 2 on the 16th?

Chuffer Chadley
8th Apr 2004, 09:05
jmc

When did you apply?

CC

Arrowhead
8th Apr 2004, 09:51
My "accepted onto Phase 2" letter which I received end May/beginning April said up to 3 months wait for next stage...

jmc1980
8th Apr 2004, 13:07
Chuffer,

I applied in November, and got the invitation letter for phase 2 around mid-March, so it tells you how long you may have to wait...

Use the time you have to prepare yourself the best you can!

Best of luck!

jmc

Chuffer Chadley
8th Apr 2004, 14:42
Thanks JMC

I have just plucked up the courage to ring Jo Ward, and was told that the next date would probably be in mid-May. Aparrently, Dec and Jan's applicants have been cleared out, but when I contacted them in early Feb, mid-March was mentioned as a possible interview date. I ain't holding my breath...

We shall see. It's not that I'm anxious, but it does affect getting other jobs and life-planning. Whatever that is.

Ciao for now
CC