View Full Version : Ryanair at NEMA for April launch

Lite
6th Apr 2004, 18:05
I know that originally Ryanair are going to be using Dublin based aircraft to operate the NEMA flight schedules, but does anyone know of any expansion plans for Ryanair at NEMA, that may see them base some aircraft here, and thus open a crew base?

Also, does anyone know who their handling agent is going to be? I'd like to know if I could get a job with them starting in April.

Mike16
6th Apr 2004, 22:34
Hi Lite

Well i went for a ryanair interview myself last week, and we were talking about the base at EMA and i was told by high raki that they intend to see how it goes for this year and if succesful they will have a base here in 2005 onwards with 4 aircraft min.
There gerona flights are operated by the gerona base and the Dub is operated by Dub who also do the murcia route.
There flight prices are miles cheaper than BMIbaby compared to EaSYJET it won't affect them at all as they don't do these routes at all except they do at least fly to BCN where as ryanair don't.
I wish Ryanair all the best and hope they make a go of it

richterscale10
7th Apr 2004, 07:01
Well - you do get about a bit (in the nicest way) Mike16 !!!!!

Yeah - I spoke to Ryanair last year about NEMA and although they have a training school there for pilots....nothing else is scheduled just yet! Although I think - watch this space!!!

Rich

Mike16
7th Apr 2004, 20:25
Hi Rich

Well i am going to create a name for myself aren't i , ha ha. hope you are well ?
Well i went for the crewing managers job at EMA and they were telling me of there plans for EMA and they are BIG, so watch out 2005...
In our local paper tonight, the Derby evening telegraph, they have reported to have sold thousands of seats already, no suprise really, but i think other operators should watch out, they are very greedy and will get it.
Mike